First time going home during Christmas Season - too bad

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
CP narrator is America Ferrera. UGH - really? - just back & she was worse than I imagined.

High pitched, breathless, stilted and couldn't get through 4 consecutive words without reading. teehehhee I just learned <big breath> that he is called <big breath> a CONDUCTOR teeehehhe cue the hair twirling

The rest of the show was fantastic. Any fifth grader that could read could have done as well.

Last edited:
America Ferrera has always come across to me as a lovely and articulate young woman with a good head on her shoulders - not something normally seen in young Hollywood. I've never seen her doing something like this but I think she has the potential to do great job with this. I hope you'll be happily surprised.

We've attended many CPs over the years. It's our very favorite Holiday event and one fo the reasons we love December at WDW. Most of the time we are not familiar with the celebrities chosen to narrate during our visit. We have NEVER EVER had a bad experience. IMO, the narrators really step up to do their best for these shows.

I'm sure you will be pleased with Ms Ferrera, too.

I agree, give her a chance.

I have had a less than stellar CP experience. I do not remember her name, but I will always remember her ad libs, one was, " Born in a manger, because, you know, there was no room in the inn."

I think the CP transcends the narrator. We've had ones we prefer more than others but it's always been a great experience. We've had narrators we expected to be excellent that I felt like they were just out reading a script - you really never can tell ahead of time.

I adore her...she's articulate, smart and a wonderful actress. I'd be delighted to have her the night we go. (But to me, the celebrity narrator is the LEAST important factor. I attend to hear the singing; the inspiring story and soak in the atmosphere. As long as the narrator can read the story clearly and audibly, without stumbling or mispronouncing, I'm a happy camper. They could be a no-name Disney CM if they had a pleasant voice and read well. I've seen all the top narrators over the years like NPH. They were good, but I wouldn't go out of my way to attend one show over another.

I respect that many people care very much about narrator: I'm sharing this for the benefit of people who haven't attended or may be feeling disappointed by who they "get" on the only night they can attend. Please go with an open mind and odds are you'll love it. It's a wonderful experience no matter who narrates. :santa:

One year we had James Avery as our narrator. I wasn't expecting much since he was known as Uncle Phil on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I was blown away by his rendition and it was fabulous. I've seen a bunch of narrators and I think he turned out to be our very best ever. Give her a chance and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

I adore her...she's articulate, smart and a wonderful actress. I'd be delighted to have her the night we go. (But to me, the celebrity narrator is the LEAST important factor. I attend to hear the singing; the inspiring story and soak in the atmosphere. As long as the narrator can read the story clearly and audibly, without stumbling or mispronouncing, I'm a happy camper. They could be a no-name Disney CM if they had a pleasant voice and read well. I've seen all the top narrators over the years like NPH. They were good, but I wouldn't go out of my way to attend one show over another.

I respect that many people care very much about narrator: I'm sharing this for the benefit of people who haven't attended or may be feeling disappointed by who they "get" on the only night they can attend. Please go with an open mind and odds are you'll love it. It's a wonderful experience no matter who narrates. :santa:

I hope you are right - worried that we are going to hear a high pitched 'girl's' voice.

I hope you are right - worried that we are going to hear a high pitched 'girl's' voice.

You will definitely hear a female voice however having seen her in multiple different roles on television and movies, I wouldn't classify her voice as high pitched for a female at all. I think she'll do a fantastic job and will bring so much to the story. Of course, if you're wanting more of a Morgan Freeman/James Earl Jones booming powerful voice, then you're definitely out of luck since I don't think she can do that one ;)

I just realized that my reply might read as snotty. I totally wasn't meaning it to come across that way - I'm feeling rather punchy/giggly at the moment and it just seemed hilarious to me to picture America Ferrara opening her mouth and having a voice like Darth Vader's come out.

I just realized that my reply might read as snotty. I totally wasn't meaning it to come across that way - I'm feeling rather punchy/giggly at the moment and it just seemed hilarious to me to picture America Ferrara opening her mouth and having a voice like Darth Vader's come out.

Just the opposite! Not snotty at all - but you have one thing wrong: I would never expect Darth Vader; I would want Mufasa ;-0

One year we had James Avery as our narrator. I wasn't expecting much since he was known as Uncle Phil on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I was blown away by his rendition and it was fabulous. I've seen a bunch of narrators and I think he turned out to be our very best ever. Give her a chance and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

My mom and I saw him a couple times in the early 2000's and loved him! I was sorry to hear he passed away a couple of years ago.

My mom and I saw him a couple times in the early 2000's and loved him! I was sorry to hear he passed away a couple of years ago.
Same here.

Had no idea who he was when we decided on a date to attend. He was just AWESOME! Still my favorite CP narrator of all.

Been to CP several times and have never been disappointed, but I must admit my favorite was Gary Sinise .

Why does that worry you? She's female. She's also an actor. Quite good in How to Train Your Dragon, IMO. I've never seen/heard her in anything else.

I loved her in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I think she will do a good job.

I don't think you will be disappointed. She has a tie to Disney, she was in the Disney Channel movie "Gotta Kick it Up!". My 3 DDs still love that movie, they would love to have her as a reader. We have Edward James Olmos and we are thrilled to hear him read.

We've attended many CPs over the years. It's our very favorite Holiday event and one fo the reasons we love December at WDW. Most of the time we are not familiar with the celebrities chosen to narrate during our visit. We have NEVER EVER had a bad experience. IMO, the narrators really step up to do their best for these shows.

I'm sure you will be pleased with Ms Ferrera, too.

She was not prepared to do a grown person's job. twitter, twitter, teehee, can't memorize 4 consecutive words. She really was bad. She must have a VERY good agent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts