First time DVC tips, anyone?

angieg329

Earning My Ears
:cool1:
Going in August for our first time as DVC owners! Have been to Disneyworld many times before, but I'd like to know, as a new DVC owner, if there is anything we should make sure we don't miss. I'd hate to come home and find out we "should have" done something.
Also, any tips on finding cool DVC member apparel? Any one place better than another for finding apparel?
Thanks to all you seasoned pros for your tips!!

You will have many years to see and do everything so take your time. The larger resorts seem to have more DVC themed items.

We are also new DVC owners and going for our first trip home in August! We will be at AKV from August 8-August 15. We've never even visited the resort before but we did see the model room on our last visit in 2007 and it looked beautiful! We are so excited to have the extra room of a 1 bedroom now that the kids are getting older!

First...Welcome Home!!!

Things I would not miss my first trip "home"

Explore your home resort. Every resort has so much to do that sometime in the middle of your stay, the kids may say they don't want to go to the parks.

Save money by using the kitchen in your villa. Now some folks don't cook during their vacations but I don't mind grilling or using the microwave. I have groceries delivered, including a pre cooked chicken or two for salad and sandwiches. I make a huge pot of spaghetti the first day from boxes and bottles. That serves as breakfast, lunch, snack and maybe dinner for most of my family for a day or two. We have our favorite buffets that we go to for an EARLY dinner. We aren't park commandos but my family does not like to waste time sitting to eat in a noisy restaurant surrounded by cranky kids and overwhelmed parents

Limit your park visits because you know you will be back. Our first trip home only my dad went to the MK, the rest of us skipped it except for watching WISHES on the Poly beach. But we'll go to the MK this next trip.

Did you know besides the water parks, there is miniature golf and the whole Disney Quest experience? Decide this trip to explore something you heard about but never got there. DVC allows you that time to explore and enjoy.

As far as finding DVC clothing, I just returned from AKV and there wasn't any resort specific items. Just saw the same DVC Tshirts and windbreaker that were at SSR last August. BUT last August was the time they put out the new now old items. My DH is still waiting for a decent DVC hat.

Have a great time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter