Fireworks, DVC, and a whole lot less of me!!!-our 6th trip to disney!-update 7/6 pg14

We are one week away!!!!

Can you tell I am getting excited? We hit single digits this week!!! :banana::cool1::dance3::yay:
One week from today, we will load up the car late afternoon and be on our way and then 8 days from today, we will arrive at the most magical place on earth!!! I can hardly wait. I have been keeping busy so the time has really flew by this week.

Plus, I have a game plan. Now, I normally don't ...so this is new ground for me. I am usually packing right up until the minute we walk out the door but I have promised myself that is not going to happen this time.

I did finally order Jeremy's crocs and they arrived to only have Tom tell me he needed a new pair. So those have been ordered (along with a new pair of Patricia's for me) and should be here the first part of next week.

So, I tried online check in this week and to no avail, it would not work. :confused3 I called DVC member services and since we are doing a split stay I will have to check in when we arrive. They told me it is a known issue as they linked the reservations together with the same number. It is really no big deal so I will just go with the flow on that one.

Tom (yes Tom and not I) added the dining plan this week to the vacation. We decided that we would just get it and see how it goes this trip. I looked and most of our restaurants are buffet or family style so there would be no savings in the small amount I eat. However, I about died when Tom said he wanted to add the dining plan himself. He had never called DVC Member Services and wanted to. I can't believe that the man who never wanted to go back six years ago got such a thrill out of calling DVC and hearing Welcome Home!! Boy, we have come a long way over the years and I am thrilled!!! It was soo cute to watch him. :banana: BTW, I did check it online to make sure it was added and he didn't mess up. Couldn't help it---it's the uber planner in me!!!

A little update on my band. I went to the doctor last week and got it adjusted. It is a lot tighter now and I can really feel it. I am having a lot of trouble with breads and even if I drink liquids fast, it doesn't feel well. I am really going to have to be careful in Disney and take my time eating. I really don't want to be sick on vacation---not fun at all!

So, to live up to my promise I have a plan of action for the weekend and next week. Saturday is going to be super cleaning day at my house!! The house is getting a good cleaning top to bottom-floors mopped, dusting, bathrooms---you get the picture. I hate leaving a messy house and especially coming home to one. Also, I started a project cleaning the garage so I want to get that finished as well. Tom works this weekend and it is nice to clean the garage when he is not there---more stuff gets thrown out!!! I need to get the laundry caught up so I will work on that all day and probably do ironing (yes, I iron :confused3 Mom and Mamaw instilled it in me!!!) that night.

I already celebrated Father's Day with my Dad so Sunday is a free day. I plan on getting my tip envelopes ready for the restaurants. I like to do this beforehand so we know what MAD MONEY we have. Plus, I want to get my daily cards ready. I am stealing Doreen's (disneyfan61) idea on that one so THANK YOU!!!! I think it will work much better for me. I am making a card for each day with the park hours and my dining reservation. Really hoping it is pretty that day and I can lounge in the pool to help my tan a little bit before we get in the hot Florida sun. Finally, get ready for it.........I am going to set up a Facebook page. The girls at work keep wanting me to send daily pictures from Disney so I thought it was easier to do this then try to send them on my Blackberry (I still can't figure that thing out). So, once I get it done I will let you know and I can pm you my info if you want to be friends. :)

Monday's plan is to get the clothes ready. I plan to lay everything out and lay it on the dining room table so 1. I know what still needs washed and 2. It will make packing much easier on Thursday.

Tuesday is hair day!!! Needing some color and a trim so that will be a long evening.

Wednesday and Thursday will require some late nights at the office so I can go on this trip! I plan to actually pack the suitcases Thursday night while Wednesday night will be one final clean of the house. I will make one quick trip to the store for breakfast foods and snacks. Yes, I pack it for the trip down---I hate to waste vacation time at Walmart!

The boys will be at cub scout day camp all week so there will be the nightly washing of camp shirts and swim trunks plus fixing their lunch. Friday is their last day and they should be home early afternoon. I plan on going in to work early and getting home early afternoon as well. Really hope to be on the rode around 4 or 5 and at Disney World mid morning on Saturday June 25th. :dance3:

Sorry this was soooo long!!! I am just so excited and it is nice to have Dis friends to share it with. I have a few things to take care of and then an update is on the way this afternoon from our Summer 2010 Trip (I am going to get this one done before we leave so expect a lot of updates in the week to come!!!).

I can't imagine regretting getting the dining plan - even with as little as you eat. Are Tom and Jeremy big eaters? That is so cool that Tom took over that bit of planning. My DH stays out of all planning - I just tell him when/where I need him to be ;)

My daughter is leaving for camp on Sunday - so we packed for her yesterday - for both camp and Disney. That way she had some voice in what we are setting aside for her. There will be a few things that will come down dirty, but we'll just wash there.

I almost forgot...ya'll haven't been on the Haunted Mansion?? I can understand the others - and not wanting to push - but why not this one??

I am just so excited - one more week!!

Summer 2010-July 8th ---I believe??? The dates are starting to confuse me! :scared1:

It was time for another water park! We were super excited to try Blizzard Beach.

I only have a few pictures from the outer parts of the park. My camera is not water proof and I don't remember seeing any photopass photographers here.

Jeremy in what I guess is Santa's sleigh.

IMG_3984.jpg

He looks like he is pulling the reins on this one.

IMG_3985.jpg

Jeremy and his best Vanna White!

IMG_3986.jpg

IMG_3987.jpg

Jeremy with Summit Plummit in the background. And no, we didn't brave it, HOWEVER, the boys are a go this year so I may have to get on that thing after all!!!! Please say a prayer that I make it down alive!

IMG_3989.jpg

We REALLY enjoyed this park. We rode the ski lift to Teamboat Springs too many times to count and yes, we :love: Teamboat Springs. It was so much fun. The first time we rode a CM was coming down for break and that is how they come down--they ride with guests. He was lots of fun as he made the raft sort of jump at spots. We also liked the tobaggen racers although Jeremy had a hard time pushing off and was left behind. I think he has grown just enough this trip that it will not be a problem. The lazy river was nice and the wave pool was so much more manageable than the one at Typhoon Lagoon. Jeremy loved the childrens area where you could walk on the broken ice with the rope above and then the zip line where you fall in the water. All in all, it was probably the best park day of our trip.

We left Blizzard Beach mid afternoon and came back to the room to find yet another towel angel. I am not kidding when I say we had a towel creature every day this trip. It was great and the best is yet to come so stay tuned!

IMG_3990.jpg

Water parks do wear me out so I know we took a nap and then headed to the MK that evening.

Jeremy on the WL Boat Dock. I am beginning to wonder what he did with his sunglasses as he seems to have his hands up in every picture. He is the worst for losing them so they were probably lost at that point. I know I bought 3 pair last year and told him no more or he would pay for them. Guess what, he still has pair #3.

IMG_3991.jpg

We spent the evening looking around Main Street, had dinner at Casey's, watched the MSEP (no pictures this time) and I think we did Mickey's Philharmagic before heading back to the room.

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_3997.jpg

Up Next:

Animal Kingdom
Winter Summerland Mini Golf
An Amazing Towel Animal---any guesses on what it could be?

I can't imagine regretting getting the dining plan - even with as little as you eat. Are Tom and Jeremy big eaters? That is so cool that Tom took over that bit of planning. My DH stays out of all planning - I just tell him when/where I need him to be ;)

My daughter is leaving for camp on Sunday - so we packed for her yesterday - for both camp and Disney. That way she had some voice in what we are setting aside for her. There will be a few things that will come down dirty, but we'll just wash there.

I almost forgot...ya'll haven't been on the Haunted Mansion?? I can understand the others - and not wanting to push - but why not this one??

I am just so excited - one more week!!

Yes, my boys are big eaters so I think it will be worth it in the end. I am going to keep track of my receipts to make sure. It will help me decide for when we go in November as to whether or not to get it.

I am planning to do laundry this trip as well. I never have before but with my weight loss, I only have about 5 outfits and I have to buy more knowing I would not get much use out of them. So, if you see me in the same shirt more than once---please know that I did wash it. ;)

No, Jeremy used to hate anything scary so we have never been on the Haunted Mansion. We were there several years ago for MNSSHP and the guy at the riverboat freaked him out and he refused to do the Haunted Mansion ever since. Sure hoping he will this time. He says he is going to so keep your fingers crossed.

Look at you in single digits!! :woohoo:

Tell Jeremy that the scariest part of Haunted Mansion is before you even get on the ride, in the stretching room, and it's not that bad, I think he'll be fine.

Too funny that your DH wanted to call to add the dining plan! I wish mine would show that kind of transformation!

I've never been to either Disney waterpark, but you sure are making me want to give them a try.

I just set up a FB page too, PM me when you get yours going!

Yes, my boys are big eaters so I think it will be worth it in the end. I am going to keep track of my receipts to make sure. It will help me decide for when we go in November as to whether or not to get it.

I am planning to do laundry this trip as well. I never have before but with my weight loss, I only have about 5 outfits and I have to buy more knowing I would not get much use out of them. So, if you see me in the same shirt more than once---please know that I did wash it. ;)

No, Jeremy used to hate anything scary so we have never been on the Haunted Mansion. We were there several years ago for MNSSHP and the guy at the riverboat freaked him out and he refused to do the Haunted Mansion ever since. Sure hoping he will this time. He says he is going to so keep your fingers crossed.

You should keep your receipts - and maybe keep a note of what you would have ordered if you were paying oop - like an appetizer instead of an entre. My husband is thin - but is a bottomless pit. So anything that I don't eat he looks at as a bonus! My girls can eat a lot too - I am most thankful that they don't have my non-existent metabolism!

I think I told you that my mom had gastric bypass about a year ago - she just passed the 100 pound mark - and has been busy buying clothes for the trip. The problem is that she still thinks she weighs so much more than she does. She doesn't realize that she can get clothes that FIT instead of ones that are loose to conceal bulges. Many congrats again to you for your losses - it's sooo hard! Get yourself some more clothes - just consign them when you are done with them!!

I will cross my fingers that ya'll get to ride HM. It's one of our favorites and really not scary. But I could see that if someone scared him, it would be hard to overcome and try something out.

:banana::banana: One week!! :banana::banana:

I love hearing about (& seeing your pictures from) the waterparks. Tim & the boys have waterpark + tickets for our two trips. Even though we aren't doing any waterparks in November, we will do one or both in April. I think the boys will love them!

Tell Jeremy that the scariest part of Haunted Mansion is before you even get on the ride, in the stretching room, and it's not that bad, I think he'll be fine.

Yes, and nothing jumps out at you or is even near you or anything. You just ride along and watch, like in the clam mobiles in Nemo. It's more fascinating than scary. The bride is kind of creepy. I usually look away as we pass her, unless I'm taking a picture. She's lit up, so it's one of the few spots in the ride you can get a halfway decent picture.

Tell Jeremy all of his DIS friends have faith in him being able to conquer it this year. :thumbsup2

Too funny that your DH wanted to call to add the dining plan! I wish mine would show that kind of transformation!

I've never been to either Disney waterpark, but you sure are making me want to give them a try.

Keep your fingers crossed for Jeremy! I have been preparing him somewhat. I am just so worried that the first creek or scary sound and we will be out of there.

Tom was very cute calling Disney. I always take care of our trips but it was nice that he wanted to do it. He was like a kid in the candy store with that phone call.

You have to try a water park. Disney really knows how to do them right, in my opinion. We had so much fun at both last year for different reasons.

Will definitely PM when I get the facebook page done. It will probably be Sunday. I hope that it is not that hard to do. :rolleyes1

Okay Michelle, I think all the talk of Haunted Mansion has cast a spell on my trip report. I responded to this above, but you will notice it posted it back on page 11 as 10:25 am instead of 10:25 pm. Really weird!

You should keep your receipts - and maybe keep a note of what you would have ordered if you were paying oop - like an appetizer instead of an entre. My husband is thin - but is a bottomless pit. So anything that I don't eat he looks at as a bonus! My girls can eat a lot too - I am most thankful that they don't have my non-existent metabolism!

Get yourself some more clothes - just consign them when you are done with them!!

I planned on keeping my receipts this time and really looking over it when I get home. I always have good intentions of doing that every trip but never follow through but definitely want to this time.

I have a lot of work clothes which are more business attire but I always have less casual in my closet. I am not a big shopper so it takes a lot of effort for me to go to the mall. The sad thing is that when I find something I like, I usually buy it in every color they have. :confused3

:banana::banana: One week!! :banana::banana:

I love hearing about (& seeing your pictures from) the waterparks. Tim & the boys have waterpark + tickets for our two trips. Even though we aren't doing any waterparks in November, we will do one or both in April. I think the boys will love them!

Your boys will love the water parks. They are both great in their own way. Jeremy loves the shark reef and Crush N Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon but thinks the theming and Teamboat Springs are the best at Blizzard Beach. We get there early and you can do so much more in those first two hours before the crowds hit.

Yes, and nothing jumps out at you or is even near you or anything. You just ride along and watch, like in the clam mobiles in Nemo. It's more fascinating than scary. The bride is kind of creepy. I usually look away as we pass her, unless I'm taking a picture. She's lit up, so it's one of the few spots in the ride you can get a halfway decent picture.

Tell Jeremy all of his DIS friends have faith in him being able to conquer it this year. :thumbsup2

Good to know that nothing comes out at you. I will have to tell Jeremy his DIS friends are rooting for him and he can report to you at our dismeet on whether he rode or not. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

you must be getting so excited!:yay:
Very much so!! I see that you will be there during part of our trip. Are you staying on property? Our paths might cross and would love to say hello if so.

HI!!!!! I just loved these past few updates about what you did and what you are GOING to do!!!

As you know things have been a little nuts on my PTR too!!! :rotfl: So I have not had a chance to get over to anyone's reports!!! So making the rounds this am!

So, I will say I love to hear that Jeremy's leg will be all the better for his fun at WDW -- no pool or WPark would be tough I agree!!! GOOD for him and you!!!

With the dining plan, I think it is also nice to just pay the DP fee and be done with it, so in some respects it is nice for you too. The year we got the APs we also got the TIW card, and between the DDP and that we felt we got a value out of our dining costs....

So ON the 2nd, I know you and MeMom are planning to connect at WL! I will probably be able to connect with you guys there! We are going to a Water Park that day, and that will be when we check into the AK, so we have to figure out our timing for the water park, check in availability, and dinner, which will be on the Boardwalk, but we'll make it work out I think.

ANYHOW, I love all your preparations! It is dizzying, I know!!! Busy busy but fun fun! That is the truth!!!! :goodvibes I would agree with you on the Pirate's League... the makeup will be much better in November!!! We did it at Christmas that year.

Looking forward to your final countdown! We leave Monday! I am finishing my packing and house preparations, too! We are gone for two weeks!! :faint:

Will definitely PM when I get the facebook page done. It will probably be Sunday. I hope that it is not that hard to do. :rolleyes1

It's not hard, I had Justin come in to help me since he already has one, but I really didn't need him, it was easy :thumbsup2

Okay Michelle, I think all the talk of Haunted Mansion has cast a spell on my trip report. I responded to this above, but you will notice it posted it back on page 11 as 10:25 am instead of 10:25 pm. Really weird!

THAT is too weird, it put your reply even before your updates!

:wizard: Very odd things have been happening lately. :confused3

I planned on keeping my receipts this time and really looking over it when I get home. I always have good intentions of doing that every trip but never follow through but definitely want to this time.

i make sure I get the receipts in one envelope. Usually I stuff them in the Welcome folder during the trip and then in the dreaded ME envelope when leaving. When I fly I organize at the airport since I have so much time. :rolleyes:

. I am not a big shopper so it takes a lot of effort for me to go to the mall. The sad thing is that when I find something I like, I usually buy it in every color they have. :confused3

Mee too!

Your boys will love the water parks. They are both great in their own way. Jeremy loves the shark reef and Crush N Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon but thinks the theming and Teamboat Springs are the best at Blizzard Beach. We get there early and you can do so much more in those first two hours before the crowds hit.

"You can throw the whole family in that puppy!!!!! " I still laugh everytime I think about Teamboat Springs. I have no idea why I think it is so funny but now I think it is funny because I thought it was funny enought to make a trip note. :rotfl2:

I know I will get back here but in case I can't

HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP!!!

Hurray for one week! :woohoo:

We are getting very excited!!!!

HI!!!!! I just loved these past few updates about what you did and what you are GOING to do!!!

As you know things have been a little nuts on my PTR too!!! :rotfl: So I have not had a chance to get over to anyone's reports!!! So making the rounds this am!

So, I will say I love to hear that Jeremy's leg will be all the better for his fun at WDW -- no pool or WPark would be tough I agree!!! GOOD for him and you!!!

With the dining plan, I think it is also nice to just pay the DP fee and be done with it, so in some respects it is nice for you too. The year we got the APs we also got the TIW card, and between the DDP and that we felt we got a value out of our dining costs....

So ON the 2nd, I know you and MeMom are planning to connect at WL! I will probably be able to connect with you guys there! We are going to a Water Park that day, and that will be when we check into the AK, so we have to figure out our timing for the water park, check in availability, and dinner, which will be on the Boardwalk, but we'll make it work out I think.

ANYHOW, I love all your preparations! It is dizzying, I know!!! Busy busy but fun fun! That is the truth!!!! :goodvibes I would agree with you on the Pirate's League... the makeup will be much better in November!!! We did it at Christmas that year.

Looking forward to your final countdown! We leave Monday! I am finishing my packing and house preparations, too! We are gone for two weeks!! :faint:

So excited that we will get to meet! Hope you have a great time at the Water Park. They are a lot of fun.

It's not hard, I had Justin come in to help me since he already has one, but I really didn't need him, it was easy :thumbsup2

THAT is too weird, it put your reply even before your updates!

Didn't get the facebook page done. Hoping to tonight!!! :rolleyes1

:wizard: Very odd things have been happening lately. :confused3

i make sure I get the receipts in one envelope. Usually I stuff them in the Welcome folder during the trip and then in the dreaded ME envelope when leaving. When I fly I organize at the airport since I have so much time. :rolleyes:

Mee too!

"You can throw the whole family in that puppy!!!!! " I still laugh everytime I think about Teamboat Springs. I have no idea why I think it is so funny but now I think it is funny because I thought it was funny enought to make a trip note. :rotfl2:

Funny thing about Teamboat springs. They put our whole family and another in the raft the last ride we rode last year. And, they let us go tooo soon. :scared1: Before we knew it, we were right on top of the ones ahead of us. Luckily, the other family were with the ones in our raft so one of them grabbed on to another person and we had two rafts going down at the same time. It was fun but a little too close for comfort. The CM at the bottom looked scared to death when he saw us coming!

I know I will get back here but in case I can't

HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP!!!

Thanks! I know we will. I can hardly wait for Friday to come!!!

Summer Trip 2010-The Next Day!!! I am losing track!

It was finally our AK Day! We got to AK right after rope drop and headed to the safari. Stand by was short so we hopped into line and we were soon seeing animals.

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg

Love the birds on the hippos back!

IMG_4030.jpg

I would assume there is some hidden food in this log!

IMG_4036.jpg

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_4041.jpg

IMG_4046.jpg

IMG_4047.jpg

The lion was already resting for the day!

IMG_4050.jpg

After the safari, we headed to Rafiki's planet. Jeremy is listening to something in one of the closed door booths they have. Not sure what it was.

IMG_4052.jpg

I assume that he was mad I was wanting his picture at the petting zoo! He has his potty, fed up face on!

IMG_4053.jpg

After Rafiki's, we were getting tired and the heat was exhausting us. Jeremy just wanted to go back to the room and swim, and honestly, so did I. So, we hit up the Lion King show and Jeremy's favorite ride (his, not mine and definitely not Tom's)---Primeval Whirl!

As you can see, I took one for the team and rode with him. Tom always sits that one out.

IMG_4055.jpg

I know we ate at Pizzafari before we left. The reason I remember is because what happened.

Jeremy ordered the kids cheese pizza. They didn't have any made so we waited and waited and waited some more. Finally, Jeremy and I took our drinks and found a table. When Tom finally came, he had Jeremy's kids cheese pizza plus two adult ones. They gave him two extra ones for the wait. He told them we wouldn't eat them but they insisted. I think Jeremy did eat part of one but it was such a waste. And the part that really irked the business side of me was why didn't they just give him an adult to begin with instead of making us wait so long. :confused3 It ended up costing them more in the long run! I really harp on my employees about customer service and minimizing cost and that went against everything I believe. Okay, enough dorkiness today! :rotfl2:

We head back to WL for an afternoon of swimming and were delighted with what we found in the room. Has anyone ever had the alligator/crocodile towel animal?!? :yay:

IMG_4057.jpg

We were so excited! Plus, Pam, our wonderful Mousekeeper, had left us a note. She was super nice and really took a liking to Jeremy. We always ran into her in the hallway and would do our room first without having to ask knowing that we would be back early afternoon.

Dinner that evening was a family favorite---Chef Mickeys!

This was our first time eating dinner here. It was good but I prefer breakfast. Of course, Jeremy loved seeing the characters. Funny thing happened while we were there. This guy comes in with friends and Jeremy instantly looks up and says, "Hey, it's Patch." That was the pirate guide from our pirate cruise. The guy heard him, grinned, and came over and spoke. He was super nice.

IMG_4059.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_4070.jpg

I accidentally deleted my picture of Minnie as soon as she walked away! :sad2:

Up Next:

A First-Winter Summerland Mini Golf

I'm right there with ya on Primeval Whirl, or as I like to call it, Primeval Hurl :sick:

I have to agree with you too, if they were just going to give you an adult sized cheese pizza anyway, why didn't they do that from the start and forget about the kids one :confused3

Very cute towel animal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter