Fireworks, DVC, and a whole lot less of me!!!-our 6th trip to disney!-update 7/6 pg14

Ooooo! Ooooo! I know the answer to #6! Pick me!

Seriously, though.. can't wait to hear about your trip. You especially have me wondering about the tween boy thing, because we are starting that nonsense in our house as well. Not. Fun.

Can't wait!:surfweb:

Welcome back... sounds like you had an interesting trip.

Welcome home Erika! Can't wait to read all about your trip, you have me very intrigued!

We had such a good time. There was really never a bad moment the whole time we were there! We did have a few interesting things. :)

Welcome home!!! I can't wait to read your TR!!!

Thanks! Hope you had a great time as well!

Ooooo! Ooooo! I know the answer to #6! Pick me!

Seriously, though.. can't wait to hear about your trip. You especially have me wondering about the tween boy thing, because we are starting that nonsense in our house as well. Not. Fun.

Can't wait!:surfweb:

Oh my, I am not sure I can live through the tween years! 10 days of it was enough!

Welcome back... sounds like you had an interesting trip.

:welcome: Glad to have you here! I am going to check out your trip today. I see we will be there the same time in November.

Sounds like an interesting trip! I can't wait to hear all about it!! popcorn::

It was lots of fun! I hope to get the report started this weekend.

Welcome home, Erika! Oh, all those teasers!!! Can't wait for all to be revealed!

It was lots of fun and some of them teasers are doosies!

I just got caught up in time for you to start your TR. :banana:

This is me in February 2010 at my 34th birthday.

IMG_3104.jpg

I was extremely overweight with no energy. It was taking every effort to go up and down the stairs in my house. I have a bulged disk in my back that creates a lot of problems for my left knee. I already had gotten 3 injections in my back to help with the knee pain and it wasn't getting any better. So, in April 2010 I started the mandatory 6 month diet and in November I had the surgery.

This is me at my 35th Birthday, one year later--45 pounds lighter! :thumbsup2

IMG_4789.jpg

My knee no longer hurts. I have tons of energy. I either walk 4 miles a day or do zumba. I can run up and down the stairs at home. Life is soooo much different now and so much better. I still have days when I crave a pop (that is a big NO, NO with a band---no more carbonation for me ever) and when I want cake but I keep it out of sight and out of mind. It has been great for Tom and Jeremy as they are now losing weight as well. I look forward to doing Disney with less of me as I know I will be able to keep up with Jeremy and do so much more. I hope to have another 15 pounds off by the time we hit Disney this year. I have a long way to go to get to goal weight. It will take longer with the band but so worth it in the end.
Look at you!! You look so great and I can't wait to see pictures from your trip!!

I have to say, you are awesome for sticking to no soda, I lasted about 13 months after surgery and then in Disney last September indulged in my favorite thing ever -- dr. pepper. :laughing: I have drank it off and on since I got home and it doesn't seem to bother me but I am trying to kick the habit again.

I will call back and talk with Disney. I mentioned it to the guy but he was not very helpful. I do have a dining card from the doctor that explains that I had weight loss surgery and that I would eat less. I have never used it but it would be a good idea to try it with Disney. If we go out, Jeremy and I often share or I get a to go box. The first few times we went out to eat after the sugery, I got so frustrated. I don't drink (any type of liquid--don't want you to think I am drinking alcohol at every meal :rotfl2:) with my meals---rule of surgery. In the beginning, I could only eat protein. So, when I wouldn't order something to drink and declined the sides, the wait staff would get frustrated at me and constantly ask me throughout the meal if I was sure I didn't want anything else. It would make me so aggravated that I now order water and Tom usually drinks it and Jeremy and I share or I bring home what is left. We are getting AP's so I need to get more information on the Tables in Wonderland card. Thanks for that info.
I hear you on waitstaff getting frustrated or asking 50 million times if the food is alright. Sometimes I want to tattoo on my forehead that I HAVE A BAND! :rotfl2:

I just got caught up in time for you to start your TR. :banana:

Look at you!! You look so great and I can't wait to see pictures from your trip!!

I have to say, you are awesome for sticking to no soda, I lasted about 13 months after surgery and then in Disney last September indulged in my favorite thing ever -- dr. pepper. :laughing: I have drank it off and on since I got home and it doesn't seem to bother me but I am trying to kick the habit again.

I hear you on waitstaff getting frustrated or asking 50 million times if the food is alright. Sometimes I want to tattoo on my forehead that I HAVE A BAND! :rotfl2:

I am so glad you are here!! Sure hoping to get the actual trip started tomorrow. I have a late night at work so we will see how it goes!!!

I am scared to death to try soda. So, I still have not had one. I can just see my little stomach exploding with that carbonation just like the turkey did on National Lampoons Christmas Vacation!

I did try some alcohol at Disney this past week. I could only do a teeny bit. One drink made me very sick feeling after a few sips--yes it was sips!! The other I had several drinks of it and could really feel it. My doctor warns that with the band you can be drunk and not even know it if you aren't careful. It takes a lot less to make you tipsy! Tom says I am a cheap date any more!!! :lmao:

I am so glad you are here!! Sure hoping to get the actual trip started tomorrow. I have a late night at work so we will see how it goes!!!

I am scared to death to try soda. So, I still have not had one. I can just see my little stomach exploding with that carbonation just like the turkey did on National Lampoons Christmas Vacation!

I did try some alcohol at Disney this past week. I could only do a teeny bit. One drink made me very sick feeling after a few sips--yes it was sips!! The other I had several drinks of it and could really feel it. My doctor warns that with the band you can be drunk and not even know it if you aren't careful. It takes a lot less to make you tipsy! Tom says I am a cheap date any more!!! :lmao:

I have only drank a handful of times since I've had my band (almost two years now, I can't believe it) and I don't like the way it makes me feel. I don't mind the frozen drinks as much because they take me longer to drink.

I was scared to try soda but ehhh, nothing happened. I know a lot of banders drink soda, I think it's an urban band myth but then again it's not that great of a habit so it's good that you don't drink it. I wish I had never tried it again.

I have only drank a handful of times since I've had my band (almost two years now, I can't believe it) and I don't like the way it makes me feel. I don't mind the frozen drinks as much because they take me longer to drink.

I was scared to try soda but ehhh, nothing happened. I know a lot of banders drink soda, I think it's an urban band myth but then again it's not that great of a habit so it's good that you don't drink it. I wish I had never tried it again.

It was a fruity drink that I did okay with!!! That's interesting to know. We are not heavy drinkers by any means but whenever I would have a drink, I tend to drink it too fast. That was probably what happened that night.

It was a fruity drink that I did okay with!!! That's interesting to know. We are not heavy drinkers by any means but whenever I would have a drink, I tend to drink it too fast. That was probably what happened that night.
My favorite drink pre-band was sprite and coconut rum and I miss that but I tried coconut rum with fruit juice and I would drink it way too fast and then I would just feel sick because the alcohol hits you FAST. I had a couple of Pina Colavas at Disney and those go down just fine because I have to drink the slower because they are so frozen and cold.

I'm really anxious to hear how your eating went on your trip, especially with the dining plan since I think that is what we are going to do. Oh and the buffets too, I'm scared of those a little bit.

Hey Erika!
I have been MIA since we got back from our Trip in April! ;)
Life just became super busy once we returned!!

Glad to hear you had a great trip..I look forward to hearing all about it as I having those Disney blues already! :sad1:

Hey Erika!
I have been MIA since we got back from our Trip in April! ;)
Life just became super busy once we returned!!

Glad to hear you had a great trip..I look forward to hearing all about it as I having those Disney blues already! :sad1:

I know exactly what you mean. Work has kept me hopping for several days now. I am in the middle of a computer conversion that is supposed to be completed tonight! Plus, Tom and I both got really sick last week. He had penumonia and I had pink eye of all things. I am starting to feel a lot better so hopefully I will get this trip started in a few days.

Did you ever do a report from your trip in May?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter