Fireworks, DVC, and a whole lot less of me!!!-our 6th trip to disney!-update 7/6 pg14

Hi there Erika! Soooo happy to hear that Jeremy doesn't need surgery. I hope that it heals the way its supposed to, so that no future surgeries are needed either!

That stinks if he won't be able to swim at the resort -- I really know how much kids love that part of vacation! Since you have another follow-up with the doctor in 3 weeks, there is still hope that he will be able to swim! I will keep him in my thoughts & prayers until & also during your trip!

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Innoventions!!! I love that part of Epcot. Its such a neat area for kids! Luke loved it on his first trip to Disney & he was only 10 months old! We usually go in there after lunch to get a break from the crowds & be in a nice cool building! :goodvibes Last year, Luke didn't show an interest in it other than the one house & the fire truck -- but he didn't want to actually do the activities, only look at them :confused3

Can't wait to hear about your DIS meet & Club Cool!!!

Its so exciting that you are down to 41 days now!!! :thumbsup2

Ooooo! oooooo! I know I know!! He was testing out the seat for "Sum of All Thrills"!!! What do I win?! :laughing:

We will keep Jeremy in our prayers and hope he heals up super fast! We wouldn't want him to miss out on Disney swimming in June!!

That's right! I completely forgot! He sat in the seat but would have nothing to do with the ride! :)

His leg looks much better today. Luckily, he is starting to do everything he is supposed to because he really wants to swim at Disney! :thumbsup2

Glad Jeremy won't need immediate surgery. I hope with time itheals OK and maybe surgery won't be needed.

It looks so much better. I can't believe what a difference a week makes. It is actually starting to heal and really does not look that bad.

Hi there Erika! Soooo happy to hear that Jeremy doesn't need surgery. I hope that it heals the way its supposed to, so that no future surgeries are needed either!

That stinks if he won't be able to swim at the resort -- I really know how much kids love that part of vacation! Since you have another follow-up with the doctor in 3 weeks, there is still hope that he will be able to swim! I will keep him in my thoughts & prayers until & also during your trip!

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Innoventions!!! I love that part of Epcot. Its such a neat area for kids! Luke loved it on his first trip to Disney & he was only 10 months old! We usually go in there after lunch to get a break from the crowds & be in a nice cool building! :goodvibes Last year, Luke didn't show an interest in it other than the one house & the fire truck -- but he didn't want to actually do the activities, only look at them :confused3

Can't wait to hear about your DIS meet & Club Cool!!!

Its so exciting that you are down to 41 days now!!! :thumbsup2

Yes, I am starting to get very excited. I may even make it to the mall this weekend to finish up some last minute clothing shopping that needs done before we can go.

I just love Innoventions. It is such a fun, educational place for children. I know Luke will just love it the older he gets.

Thanks for the prayers for Jeremy. He is doing much better this week and it is starting to heal. I am hoping we get a good report at the doctor in a few weeks and he will be cleared for public pools. He has his heart set on going to the water parks.

Hi Erika!
Just gettin caught up...
I want to start off by saying that you look fabulous! Disney will feel so much better with less weight...

I'll be waiting to hear about your waitlist for Christmas trip. We can make our trip reservation on the 25th of this month and we are hoping for a grand villa at OKW. I'm sure we will waitlist for it as well.
We'd love to get a grand at BWV but those points are so high. I guess we'll just see how it goes.

Then there's Jeremy. I just have a feeling about that boy. I really think the pixie dust will be with him and he'll be cleared for Disney swimming!:thumbsup2

Sending good thoughts your way!

I just love Innoventions. It is such a fun, educational place for children.

I am hoping we get a good report at the doctor in a few weeks and he will be cleared for public pools. He has his heart set on going to the water parks.

I like fun and educational in the same sentence. :thumbsup2
We are about to do a Great Piggy Bank Adventure with our second-graders next week to let the kids show all of the Math skills they've learned this year. I 'thieved' the idea from Innoventions and tweaked it a bit. ;)

I hope there is a fantabulous day of water park fun ahead for him! :dance3:

Hi Erika!
Just gettin caught up...
I want to start off by saying that you look fabulous! Disney will feel so much better with less weight...

I'll be waiting to hear about your waitlist for Christmas trip. We can make our trip reservation on the 25th of this month and we are hoping for a grand villa at OKW. I'm sure we will waitlist for it as well.
We'd love to get a grand at BWV but those points are so high. I guess we'll just see how it goes.

Then there's Jeremy. I just have a feeling about that boy. I really think the pixie dust will be with him and he'll be cleared for Disney swimming!:thumbsup2

Sending good thoughts your way!

Thank you for the kind words! :hug: I feel so much better. My energy levels are amazing. I am really looking forward to Disney this year. I would get so exhausted last summer and would run down early in the day. I know it will be much different for me now! :)

Good Luck with your waitlist! This is all new to me so I hope it comes through. If not, SSR looks fine. It might be nice to be close to DTD. I did a lot of Christmas shopping there the last time we went at Thanksgiving for Jeremy so it would be much easier to sneak away.

I am so hoping Jeremy gets a good report on June 3rd. Tom and I are even thinking about upgrading to the premier annual pass if he does so he can go to the water parks a lot! I even thought it would be fun to be at Blizzard Beach Thanksgiving Day (if it is warm enough)!

I like fun and educational in the same sentence. :thumbsup2
We are about to do a Great Piggy Bank Adventure with our second-graders next week to let the kids show all of the Math skills they've learned this year. I 'thieved' the idea from Innoventions and tweaked it a bit. ;)

I hope there is a fantabulous day of water park fun ahead for him! :dance3:

Yay, your piggy adventure is coming up! Be sure to take lots of pictures for me. This sounds like so much fun. I am always looking for ideas for family nights for school. I am President of our PTO and find that lots of times, the work falls back on me but it is worthwhile. I struggle as I don't have a creative bone in my body. Jeremy only has 3 years left at the elementary school so at least I can do something to help him and his classmates.

Summer 2010-July 6, 2010 Complete

We had enjoyed a morning in Innoventions and headed to a Dismeet at Club Cool. This was to be my second Dis Meet ever. We arrived and found the group very quickly.

IMG_3898-1.jpg

Left to Right--Me, MeMom and Bella, BrooklynsMommy with Brooklyn, Wigdoutdismom, and dancin_princess

I just love Brooklyn in this picture. She looks like she is getting her touring park game plan together. Too cute.

I think a few of the group tried the Beverly---not me!!! One time along ago was enough for me. Not sure why Jeremy did not get in the picture. He could have been having a shy moment. They were all just as nice in person as they are on the boards.

After our meet, we soared over California, rode Living with the Land and went to the Circle of Life. We had never seen the Circle of Life and it was actually very good. We then started making our way around the World Showcase.

I know we rode the Three Cabelleros ride in Mexico, shared a sandwich in Norway and egg rolls in China and Jeremy spent what seemed like hours in Germany. There is a bench under a shade tree across from this and Tom and I just set and watch him. It is relaxing for us and he gets so much enjoyment out of those trains.

IMG_3901.jpg

The child could spend all day looking at those trains!

We saw the Voices of Liberty in America and the America Adventure. To me, that is one of the best parts of World Showcase. We :love: the American Adventure.

IMG_3903.jpg

We saw these guys in France!

IMG_3906.jpg

After we made our way around the world, we headed back to the WL for some pool time.

There were 2 new towel animals/figures waiting for us when we returned.

IMG_3929.jpg

IMG_3928.jpg

We went back to Epcot for dinner at the Garden Grill. Jeremy loves this place. We have never missed eating here every trip since we started staying on property.

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

I must have erased Farmer Mickey's picture from my camera. :confused3 I know he came to the table. I am pretty sure he probably came twice as the characters will stop by more than once at this restaurant.

We head back to the WL early and got some much needed rest.

Up Next:

A Pirate Adventure and What an Amazing Dinner!

Every time I read about someone's trip, I am surprised by the things we have never done - even with all of our trips. Like - we usually walk right past the American pavilion in the Showcase - and have never seen the voices of Liberty. There is a lot I need to make up for over my Year of Disney (echo, echo, echo :))

And I've never done a Dis meet! I am really hoping to change that this year, too.

Every time I read about someone's trip, I am surprised by the things we have never done - even with all of our trips. Like - we usually walk right past the American pavilion in the Showcase - and have never seen the voices of Liberty. There is a lot I need to make up for over my Year of Disney (echo, echo, echo :))

And I've never done a Dis meet! I am really hoping to change that this year, too.

The Voices of Liberty are amazing. You also must stop and check out the American Adventure show as well. It is one of my favorite--a lot like the Hall of Presidents at MK.

I am up for a Dis Meet if you are. We really don't have any park plans set in stone other than ADR's. I need to make some changes and will post them on here in the next day or so.

You are looking fantastic!! Congrats on all the weight loss!!! I have reached a bit of a plateau but I'm trying to work my way through it!!!

Loved this update!! I have been dabbling with trying the Garden Grill for awhile now!! I think I might have to cave in the future and just go for it!!!!

Don't you just love a great DIS meet!! What fun to be able to all get together!!!!

You are looking fantastic!! Congrats on all the weight loss!!! I have reached a bit of a plateau but I'm trying to work my way through it!!!

Loved this update!! I have been dabbling with trying the Garden Grill for awhile now!! I think I might have to cave in the future and just go for it!!!!

Don't you just love a great DIS meet!! What fun to be able to all get together!!!!

Thank you! I think I am at a plateau right now so I will probably be going for an adjustment sooner than was planned!

You definitely have to try the Garden Grill. We just love it. The food is really good and the atmosphere is wonderful. We sometimes have a hard time getting Jeremy to eat as he loves looking over the railing as we go around the Living with the Land ride! :) Jeremy has requested to eat there on Thanksgiving so I am hoping I get that next week when my reservation window opens.

Yes, it was a fun Dis Meet. I hope to catch up with MeMom again this year as they will be there part of our trip.

What a fun DISmeet! I'll be seeing Miss Anita Wigd myself NEXT WEEK :cool1:

Aren't those sandwiches in Norway good? I was surprised when we ate there at how much I enjoyed it!

It's been a long time since we ate at the Garden Grill, but we loved it the time we went - such great character interaction!

Glad to hear Jeremy's leg is healing nicely!!

The Voices of Liberty are amazing. You also must stop and check out the American Adventure show as well. It is one of my favorite--a lot like the Hall of Presidents at MK.

I am up for a Dis Meet if you are. We really don't have any park plans set in stone other than ADR's. I need to make some changes and will post them on here in the next day or so.

I would LOVE to do a meet! We have no ADRs - and nothing set in stone yet. It's the only trip we've done without a massive game plan. With it being summer, I am just not sure if there is such a thing as a "best" park - but we'll probably be following touring plans suggestions. And we'll probably be in a park each day. When you get your plans out, we'll coordinate!

What a fun DISmeet! I'll be seeing Miss Anita Wigd myself NEXT WEEK :cool1:

Aren't those sandwiches in Norway good? I was surprised when we ate there at how much I enjoyed it!

It's been a long time since we ate at the Garden Grill, but we loved it the time we went - such great character interaction!

Glad to hear Jeremy's leg is healing nicely!!

Oh, you will have so much fun NEXT WEEK!!! I am sooo jealous!!! We hit 30 days today so we are getting closer but NEXT WEEK sounds so much better!

I would LOVE to do a meet! We have no ADRs - and nothing set in stone yet. It's the only trip we've done without a massive game plan. With it being summer, I am just not sure if there is such a thing as a "best" park - but we'll probably be following touring plans suggestions. And we'll probably be in a park each day. When you get your plans out, we'll coordinate!

Right now, we don't have our parks narrowed down yet except for a few dinner ressies I made. DH asked me not to and then last night he wanted to know which parks we were doing each day. :confused3 Go figure!

I will post our updated plans in a few days. I still need to get a few things lined out. A dis meet will be fun! :)

All caught up!!

First of all - Congratulations on the weight loss!! :banana: And congratulations on your DVC purchase!! :banana:

Second - I hope Jeremy's leg heals up and he's able to swim at Disney! pixiedust:

I'm enjoying hearing about your 2010 trip mixed in with your 2011 plans. :goodvibes

I read your updates but skipped the chit chat in between so I might have missed this... Which resort did you end up booking for the rest of your Thanksgiving trip?

All caught up!!

First of all - Congratulations on the weight loss!! :banana: And congratulations on your DVC purchase!! :banana:

Second - I hope Jeremy's leg heals up and he's able to swim at Disney! pixiedust:

I'm enjoying hearing about your 2010 trip mixed in with your 2011 plans. :goodvibes

I read your updates but skipped the chit chat in between so I might have missed this... Which resort did you end up booking for the rest of your Thanksgiving trip?

:welcome:Glad to have you along for the fun!

I booked the Boardwalk for the first two nights and Saratoga Springs for the remaining 6. I do have a waitlist for the 6 at the Boardwalk but with it being Thanksgiving week, I am not very hopeful.

Hope to get an update ready later today.

Summer 2010-July 7th

It seems like it has been ages since I last updated. Well, it was May 20th and boy a lot has happened since then.

First, let's dance!!! :dance3::dance3::banana::banana::dancer:party:

We are officially under 20 days---18 to be exact! 17 if you count the evening we leave!!! I am starting to get super excited! I finally hit the mall and got all of our last minute necesseties --a new bathing suit and capris for me (2 sizes smaller than last year----YAY!!!). Jeremy got new swimming trunks and a new swim shirt. Tom was in good shape but I did buy him some new shoes for the pool. I still need to order Jeremy's crocs but should have that done by tonight.

I will need to make one last run to Wal-Mart but will do that next week or the week we leave. I do have the shopping list ready so I am good to go!

I have made some dining changes but I will post that after this update with my Thanksgiving ressies.

I do have some GREAT news!---Jeremy got cleared by the surgeon today. His leg has finally healed nicely and he is free to swim all he wants to at Disney World!!! He doesn't even think there will now be a need for another surgery down the road. I am thrilled and I know Jeremy is!

And the best news of all---Jeremy is out of school! It is so nice to not have to worry about homework or bed time at night. I think I was more thrilled than he was.

Let's get on with my summer 2010 report.

July 7th, 2010

I usually plan something special for Jeremy each trip. This year, he wanted to do a pirate cruise again but somewhere different than the GF. So, I booked the one out of the Yacht Club. We had never been to the Yacht Club and it was so pretty inside. I am not sure that I would want to stay here. It seemed more business like than family vacation type.

We checked Jeremy in at the marina, paid the fee, and he was soon in his life jacket.

IMG_3930.jpg

Love the Boardwalk in the background!

IMG_3931.jpg

Here he is getting his instructions and finding out that he will be looking for treasure!

IMG_3934.jpg

The treasure map is revealed!

IMG_3936.jpg

They huddled in to find out exactly where the treasure might be!

IMG_3937.jpg

Heading to the pirate boat! Notice the guy holding the little girl.....

IMG_3940.jpg

Waiting for the boat to leave. Notice the guy holding the little girl who is now red faced from all the crying.

IMG_3941.jpg

Side story. This poor little girl's sister was going and she was originally supposed to be as well. She was scared to death and did not want to go. The dad kept coaxing her along encouraging her to go. The more he said the more she cried louder. This went on forever while they were on deck. He then decides to go and help her get on the boat. The crying just got worse. The boat set there for 15 minutes waiting for this guy to decide whether or not she was going to stay or go back. Finally, another parent went to the person at the desk and complained. Our kids were setting in the hot sun, losing precious time that we had paid for, while this guy could not make up his mind whether or not to leave the little girl while she is screaming and crying the entire time!!! Go figure! They finally told him he had to get off the boat. He got off and no, the little girl did not go. She was just too young and the mention of pirates scared her.

Finally, Jeremy is on his way to look for Treasure.

IMG_3945.jpg

Tom and I headed back to the WL for breakfast. We came back around 11 to watch him come back in. This pirate cruise takes the children into the World Showcase to look for clues to the treasure. I know one of the places Jeremy stopped at was the Canadian pavilion as he wanted to show us later that day where he had found a clue. It was behind this totem pole.

IMG_3974.jpg

While the cruise is coming back into dock, a pirate tries to take their loot and a fun game takes place in the water where they are trying to get away from him.

IMG_3954.jpg

In the end, the good pirates win and make their way to dock.

IMG_3955.jpg

When they got to the dock, the bad pirate has a sword fight with one of the deck hands. I didn't get a picture of that but did get Jeremy watching it.

IMG_3957.jpg

Once they dock, the crew opens the treasure and each child is given a pirate bag of loot. It had a bunch of pirate stuff in it!

Jeremy had a really good time and enjoyed this cruise a lot. He loved being in the World Showcase for part of it.

Continued in next post.........

I am glad that someone when to complain - poor girl - did dad want to do it more than the child?

Was it different than what he did at the GF? Did he think he was too old for it? I wonder if my younger daughter would want to do something like that...

Oh...thrilled that Jeremy doesn't have to have further surgery - and that he is cleared to swim. I can't imagine being "banned" from the pool for the summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter