Fireworks but not in the park

Would be a very last resort for us. We've been staying there (at FW) for years and every once in awhile decide to try to see fireworks from there - can only see the higher ones, and the entire effect is mostly lost. Discovery Island is also in the way with the trees.

Unfortunately, inside the park is the only place to get the full effect - other places just frustrate us.

Last time we watched Wishes from the Fort Wilderness boat dock and had a very nice time with decent views. No, you're not in the park, but you also don't have the crowds and the hassle of getting out afterwards. In some ways, it feels way more private and special.

Has anyone tried to see the fireworks from GF? I saw something that you can see it around narcosses and the boat dock but don't know if they play any music

Would be a very last resort for us. We've been staying there (at FW) for years and every once in awhile decide to try to see fireworks from there - can only see the higher ones, and the entire effect is mostly lost. Discovery Island is also in the way with the trees.

Unfortunately, inside the park is the only place to get the full effect - other places just frustrate us.
This is a good point. We like to watch them from the fort because my son is scared of fireworks. He doesn't mind watching from the fort.

You can see the MK fireworks shows very well from the TTC

(and they pipe-in clear, crisp audio from the show.)

Note: you are not allowed to stand directly in the actual Ferry loading area.

TTC-Fwx_022013_zpsf1a4f7f1.jpg

You can see them from the boat-dock and an outside

observation deck near Narcoossee's restaurant at the

Grand Floridian. Anyone can stand on Narcoossee's Deck.

The outside deck is not a part of the actual restaurant. (All serving is done inside.)

The deck is accessed from the sidewalk outside the restaurant.

Also, good viewing from the Patio overlooking the Marina.

The sound of the show is piped into these areas too.

GF-FW-Narcoo-BE_072708.jpg

At the Contemporary, there is viewing on an outdoor

observation area on the 4th floor.

The California Grill observation areas are reserved for patrons that day of the Grill or Bar.

MK-CR-BE-Deck-S_090308.gif

MK-CR-Sat-Fwx-Deck_112312.gif

(Fireworks shown above are simulated.)

At Wilderness Lodge, the "secret place" to watch the MK fireworks is from the northern area of the Cast Member (CM) Parking Lot.

WL-N_CM-Lot_091809.gif

At the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds Marina (angle shown on the map below,) some of the view (especially of the "Fantasyland" pyro) is blocked by the now unused Discovery Island in Bay Lake and by the high-rise buildings of the Contemporary Resort.

But, the view from the Ft. Wilderness' sand beach (farther north) is more open.

Still the tree-level can block the views of the lower-firing pyro.

Here are the angles of the views in the Bay Lake area.

MK-Bay-Fwx-Views_012913_zps8f10ed57.jpg

Below are the angles of the views in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

MK-7Seas-Resorts-Fwx_012913_zps84390ca0.jpg

----------------------------------

As for viewing from INSIDE the dining area of restaurants

(you usually need ADRs for most, and they are usually busy during the shows)...

you can see (and hear) them at California Grill at Contemporary,

'Ohana at the Poly, at Trader Sam's and Trader Sam's outdoor patio at the Poly, Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian,

and (if you have access there) the Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower.

Note: you are not allowed to stand directly in the actual Ferry loading area.

TTC-Fwx_022013_zpsf1a4f7f1.jpg

You can see them from the boat-dock and an outside

observation deck near Narcoossee's restaurant at the

Grand Floridian. Anyone can stand on Narcoossee's Deck.

The outside deck is not a part of the actual restaurant. (All serving is done inside.)

The deck is accessed from the sidewalk outside the restaurant.

Also, good viewing from the Patio overlooking the Marina.

The sound of the show is piped into these areas too.

GF-FW-Narcoo-BE_072708.jpg

At the Contemporary, there is viewing on an outdoor

observation area on the 4th floor.

The California Grill observation areas are reserved for patrons that day of the Grill or Bar.

MK-CR-BE-Deck-S_090308.gif

MK-CR-Sat-Fwx-Deck_112312.gif

(Fireworks shown above are simulated.)

At Wilderness Lodge, the "secret place" to watch the MK fireworks is from the northern area of the Cast Member (CM) Parking Lot.

WL-N_CM-Lot_091809.gif

At the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds Marina (angle shown on the map below,) some of the view (especially of the "Fantasyland" pyro) is blocked by the now unused Discovery Island in Bay Lake and by the high-rise buildings of the Contemporary Resort.

But, the view from the Ft. Wilderness' sand beach (farther north) is more open.

Still the tree-level can block the views of the lower-firing pyro.

Here are the angles of the views in the Bay Lake area.

MK-Bay-Fwx-Views_012913_zps8f10ed57.jpg

Below are the angles of the views in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

MK-7Seas-Resorts-Fwx_012913_zps84390ca0.jpg

As for viewing from INSIDE the dining area of restaurants

(you usually need ADRs for most, and they are usually busy during the shows)...

you can see (and hear) them at California Grill at Contemporary,

'Ohana at the Poly, at Trader Sam's and Trader Sam's outdoor patio at the Poly, Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian,

and (if you have access there) the Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower.

Is the 4th floor at Contemporary where Chef Mickey's is? They have a nice outdoor area we sit out on that level after we shop and eat just to view MK and all it's spectacular views

1. Is the 4th floor at Contemporary where Chef Mickey's is?
2. They have a nice outdoor area we sit out on that level after we shop and eat just to view MK and all it's spectacular views

1. Yup.
2. That's the "Observation Deck" at the CR that I featured.

We're gonna try for the Contemporary observation deck this Friday (July 3) - already secured late dinner reservation at Chef Mickey's! We have a backup plan of Trail's End and Fort Wilderness viewing on Saturday if that's a bust.

I'm seeing conflicting information out there though, can anyone confirm if July 3/4 fireworks are at 9pm or 10pm?

TIA

Robo - thanks so much this is amazing detail and clearly a lot of work. Do you have a favorite spot? It is just my DW and I so we are flexible.

Robo - thanks so much this is amazing detail and clearly a lot of work. Do you have a favorite spot? It is just my DW and I so we are flexible.

We like the show from the various locations.
It just depends on where we are around fireworks time.

Thanks for the kind words.

We like the show from the various locations.
It just depends on where we are around fireworks time.

Thanks for the kind words.

Haha - well that is fair even though I was looking for the perfect spot and if it didn't go will I had someone to point the finder at. Just kidding of course.

Can I ask about GF if we were just walking on the path there are we going to be able to hear the music or do we need to be closer to the restaurants.

Last August I watched Wishes from the TTC. Great, clear audio, and a wonderful place to photograph from. We were allowed to watch from the ferry dock though texhnically that is against the rules. There were maybe 4-5 other people there with me.

I also watched the Frozen fireworks from out front of DHS. The audio was a little fainter but it is piped in there. Again, it's a great spot for a head-on view.

I also watched the Frozen fireworks from out front of DHS. The audio was a little fainter but it is piped in there. Again, it's a great spot for a head-on view.

Thanks for the info on DHS. I kept wondering about the music levels.

Can anyone confirm if they do pipe the music over to the beach at the Poly or not? I know someone posted earlier they didn't "think" they did anymore. We just called and spoke to someone at the Poly and they said they are piping in the music but I just would like to confirm with someone who's stayed there recently. Thanks!

Can anyone confirm if they do pipe the music over to the beach at the Poly or not? I know someone posted earlier they didn't "think" they did anymore. We just called and spoke to someone at the Poly and they said they are piping in the music but I just would like to confirm with someone who's stayed there recently. Thanks!

The piped-in audio is always far, far too low at the Poly beach... and I'm saying it's been that way for decades.

Like pp have mentioned the view at CR is nice.

We were able to see the SWW fireworks from the pool at CBR! Great view, no piped music though. :(

The piped-in audio is always far, far too low at the Poly beach... and I'm saying it's been that way for decades.

We went down for July 3rd. The fireworks were incredible. Agreed the music wasn't loud enough but the Poly has to be one of the best places to watch the July 3/4 fireworks from. If anyone's never been I highly suggest going next year! Well worth watching it from there rather than the park, there'd be now way to see it all from inside the MK since the fireworks would literally be 360 degrees around you. Absolutely fantastic!

We went down for July 3rd. The fireworks were incredible. Agreed the music wasn't loud enough but the Poly has to be one of the best places to watch the July 3/4 fireworks from. If anyone's never been I highly suggest going next year! Well worth watching it from there rather than the park, there'd be now way to see it all from inside the MK since the fireworks would literally be 360 degrees around you. Absolutely fantastic!
It's true the MK fireworks seem to be 360 degrees. We've been so many times, we've see the show from the walkway at Liberty Square, from TTC, from 4th Floor deck and Cali Grill roof access at the Contemporary, at Grand Floridian. Last year, one night, we were in Tomorrowland in that open area outside Space Mtn when the fireworks started. And it was a pretty good view of the show (plus uncrowded).

the Poly has to be one of the best places to watch the July 3/4 fireworks from.

This needs to be tempered with a bit of caution and perspective of years of experience.
Yes, the Poly beach USED to be THE go-to place to see July 3/4, Christmas, and NYE MK fireworks if you weren't inside MK.

There were so, SO many guests who veneered there on those occasions that Disney would actually set up a sort of "county fair" or "festival" atmosphere of serving tents and the like to serve the very large crowd.

But NOW, Disney has severely (SEVERELY) blocked the major share of viewing space with the new Poly DVC cabins built out in the lagoon.
The Poly beach can no longer handle the festival crowds that used to show up there on the nights I mentioned.

I caution those who plan an outside-MK fireworks viewing spot on those busy nights to choose from some of the other
places that I featured in my long post #26 above, only because I'd hate for anyone to miss the show because too many guests
tried to fit into about 25% of the space that USED to be great viewing on the Poly beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter