Fireworks but not in the park

enoc_dor

Earning My Ears
My DW and I are going to visit later this summer but won't be arrivng to the evening and we don't want to buy an extra park ticket since our time would be limited. But we thought about seeing the fireworks at one of the parks but from outside the gates. We had two ideas one is to be at the Poly and see the fireworks on the beach or go to DHS and see the fireworks out front. Anyone do either of these or have better idea. Trying to keep cost in mind. Thanks for the feedback.

I you head over to the boardwalk you get a lovely view of illuminations from the bridge. TTC is fab, or the 4th floor of the Contemporary for Wishes. I've never watched the DHS fireworks from outside the parks, but judging by some of the photos I have seen (disney parks blog posted a gorgeous one only a few days ago) that looks like it would be fabulous.

Have fun!

The view from Poly beach isn't what it used to be since they built the over the water rooms. Last time I was there they didn't seem to have the music anymore either.
I agree about the TTC, it's a great view, and the music plays.

I you head over to the boardwalk you get a lovely view of illuminations from the bridge.

Have fun!

Very little of Illuminations can be seen outside the park. The majority of the show takes place on the surface of the lagoon. Only a few of the high fireworks can be seen from the boardwalk area.

Very little of Illuminations can be seen outside the park. The majority of the show takes place on the surface of the lagoon. Only a few of the high fireworks can be seen from the boardwalk area.
We've watched it from that bridge, and no you don't get the projections and water parts, but it is a lovely view of the firework portion. Just another experience in the oeuvre.

OP Fantasmic has very few high fireworks and would be pretty boring without the other show elements.

As I always post, wdw has only one fireworks show, Wishes. All the others are shows with some fireworks.

Also OP how many days are you going? Adding an extra day to a more than 4 day ticket is not that much money. Its been awhile since I've checked but it's around $13.

I you head over to the boardwalk you get a lovely view of illuminations from the bridge. TTC is fab, or the 4th floor of the Contemporary for Wishes. I've never watched the DHS fireworks from outside the parks, but judging by some of the photos I have seen (disney parks blog posted a gorgeous one only a few days ago) that looks like it would be fabulous.

Have fun!

Thanks. I also have seen similar photos. I am just not sure I can here the music. Can I ask where on the 4th floor in the contemporary?

You can watch wishes from the beach at fort wilderness. They have the music to go with it. Eta: it's obviously a lot further away than some of the other places mentioned.

4th Floor observation deck at the Contemporary is the best option. Great view. Music included. And before and/or after the show you can shop, get a bite to eat or enjoy a cocktail at a lounge. It really makes you feel as if your vacation has begun.

I also agree that Illuminations from outside the park is a poor choice. Yes, you can see the higher projectiles. But that is not what Illuminations is all about.

Edit to add: If you go to the 4th Floor where the shops are and head to the end of the hotel closest to the MK (where the bridge takes you to Bay Lake Tower) you will see the door that leads outside to the viewing platform. Can't miss it.

Last edited:
chartle - totally agree they are the best. I should have been more clear with DHS that I was thinking about the Frozen summer of fun fireworks.

You can watch wishes from the beach at fort wilderness. They have the music to go with it. Eta: it's obviously a lot further away than some of the other places mentioned.

Oh wow I would have never thought about for wilderness. Do you mean the camp ground or the lodge. I have not spent a lot of time at either so if we try this idea don't want to go to the wrong place. Thanks

Oh wow I would have never thought about for wilderness. Do you mean the camp ground or the lodge. I have not spent a lot of time at either so if we try this idea don't want to go to the wrong place. Thanks

The campground. You can see videos of the fireworks on YouTube to decide if that's something you want to do. There's a boat to and from mk.

Just some info. Last year on July 3rd and 4th, you could not access parking at Poly or the Contemporary without a reservation or you were staying there. So those may not be options to view fireworks. My family tried to do the same thing but no go due to the crowd levels. The only option to access those were to park at TTC and ride monorail to them, just some food for thought.

Last year on July 3rd and 4th, you could not access parking at Poly or the Contemporary without a reservation or you were staying there. So those may not be options to view fireworks. ...The only option to access those were to park at TTC and ride monorail to them, just some food for thought.
Not really. One can take any bus heading to the MK, get off there, and make the 5 minute walk to the Contemporary. When Wishes is over, just walk back to the bus depot. I assume the MK is open late around the 4th, so one should have several hours in between the end of Wishes and the departure of the last resort bus to enjoy dining, shopping or drinking.

Would be a very last resort for us. We've been staying there (at FW) for years and every once in awhile decide to try to see fireworks from there - can only see the higher ones, and the entire effect is mostly lost. Discovery Island is also in the way with the trees.

Unfortunately, inside the park is the only place to get the full effect - other places just frustrate us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter