• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Find Your Own "Directive" - the February Weight Loss / Life Style Change Challenge

QOTD: I can't separate 2 at DL - World of Colour kids and I were just blown away - I remember their oohs and aaahs very well. And I love Fantasmic I visited DL for the first time in my early 20s then was determined to take my kids once they were old enough to remember and appreciate it all as it may be the only time we go (well while they were kids) and when we sitting there all together watching it I just got all teary - the coming together of realising I had made our dream come true and we were really there. It was a long hard road to get there and I never expected to have to do it on my own but I did it - it was all the more sweeter and helped me start to let go of the past. Trouble is now they all want to come back! But definitely not before Star Wars Land (so thinking 2018 after older son graduates high school) is open the 2 boys are SW mad and by then at least oldest DS can help with his bit (he'll be 18 by then eeeek just the thought of it) and hopefully the younger 2 will have part-time jobs as they'll be 15 and can help a little at least with their own spending money maybe.

I just weighed myself and I gained back all the weight I lost and then some-so I'm at 0% for the month

I know how you feel - I haven't weighed myself today yet but as of the day before I also had gained my loss back >:( So I am waiting till Sunday before reporting in hoping for a miracle lol.

Is it ok to have woohoos on Friday?! Powered through 35 minutes on the treadmill in one go, followed it up with three sets of 2 minutes each on the rowing machine, just going as hard as I could. I thought my arms would fall off! Ha. And this weekend we're getting my office/craft room set up so I can hopefully move all of this junk out of the living room haha. And I have a few touch-ups to do but I am super pleased with how this painting turned out - the first of many to go out! I love this color blue... Which is good because it's currently all over everything, lol.

image.jpeg

AND last but not least, DH's birthday is Monday, and last year as a reward, all the employees for the next 365 days were given their birthdays off from work, so we get a free 3-day weekend!

Woohoo Friday!

Happy weigh-ins to everyone! @courtneybeth I weighed this morning but I won't report until Sunday... I like to weigh every day and just accept whatever number is best and ignore all the others... Bahaha.

Went to the gym to use the dreadmill since it is -12 here today. I put some Disney music on my phone and you know what it made the time much more enjoyable. I just need to add more songs since I ran out before I was done. 3.9k today

24.4k/60k goal for this month so far. 40%

I don't want to go to the gym today, but I'm going to suck it up and do a little walking on the treadmill.

Maybe. I don't know. o_O

.... Need some motivation. I'm not feeling motivated right now.

I don't want to go to the gym today, but I'm going to suck it up and do a little walking on the treadmill.

Maybe. I don't know. o_O

Half marathon in 2 weeks there's your motivation haha.

Meanwhile I can do my Fast Passes for my April trip!!!!!!

That sounds more exciting than me going to the gym and trying to get back to it for the race in two weeks. :rotfl:

It is. I'm going to the movies though. It's going to be in the single didgets today and tomorrow so no running for me till I do 4 on sunday. Hopefully I'll get my own motivation.

Maybe. I don't know. o_O

DOOOO ITTTTTTTT. If I did, you can!

This may not mean much here but I saw Deadpool and I am so happy. Yes, I'm that kind of nerd haha. It was near perfect. So good.

This may not mean much here but I saw Deadpool and I am so happy. Yes, I'm that kind of nerd haha. It was near perfect. So good.

Glad to hear that.... I'll report it to DS who is anxiously awaiting a time to go see this!

Morning friends! Men are off to robotics and I'm heading south to pick up DD for a quick home visit for her long weekend. First up, a bit of housework and a quick stop at the market on my way though. I know the groceries won't go bad in this cold weather if they sit in a car for a few hours..... in fact, I'm afraid everything will freeze! I'm going to throw two coolers in the car.... one for the produce and dairy and one for the freezer stuff. Hope it works.

Scale did not wiggle down even a LITTLE bit from yesterday's first number, so I'll call it for now.... down just.1 for the week (I cannot "math" today to figure out my percentage....I'll have DS do it for me later). Not going to hit my goal for February at this rate!

Oatmeal is calling me! If I don't pop on again today, have a GREAT Saturday!.................P

So I weighed in this AM and I'm down 4 pounds which puts me 100% to goal. I was at -1 weeklies for the week but earned 61 fit points so not bad! I'm a little concerned with how quickly the weight is coming off. I feel like that means I'm really not eating enough for the amount that I'm exercising. I'm gonna see how much I lose next week and then hopefully maintain the last week of February.

Question of the Weekend - February 13-14
a4ce9a4d173da115826eb6a5326a2808.jpg

:love: Romance at Disney Parks :love:
Our weekends typically talk about Disney parks and ... obviously this weekend is Valentine's Weekend. So - let's combine the two.
The image above is the Wall-e and Eve statue in Disneyland Paris' Discoveryland (aka: Tomorrowland).
Wall-e is totally proposing to Eve in this image. ;)

Tell us about a romantic gesture/experience you've either been involved in or witnessed at a Disney Park.
What are some ideas for Romance at Disney Parks?

Checking in this morning - down 2.7 pounds, which pushes me to 89% of goal.

Nothing too exciting on my agenda today. Same as most Saturdays - errands and kids' sports. Gotta take the car in - check engine light is on. Hope it's a cheap and easy fix and not a $1,000 one.

I am at 0 difference this week and month so far- too many cheats. Like 4/5 milano cookies one night-but boy were they good. I think part is we have been eating really late all week. That always seems to get me.

I adore the wally and eva statue- would like to see that in WDW. Too cute.

QOTD-I have seen a number of weddings, receptions and their photog sessions around at WDW and on the cruiseline. For us, we try to go every year for our anniversary in May. I would rather have a trip than almost anything else.

Question of the Weekend - February 13-14
a4ce9a4d173da115826eb6a5326a2808.jpg

:love: Romance at Disney Parks :love:
Our weekends typically talk about Disney parks and ... obviously this weekend is Valentine's Weekend. So - let's combine the two.
The image above is the Wall-e and Eve statue in Disneyland Paris' Discoveryland (aka: Tomorrowland).
Wall-e is totally proposing to Eve in this image. ;)

Tell us about a romantic gesture/experience you've either been involved in or witnessed at a Disney Park.

Well I got married there so I don't think I could get any more romantic at Disney! We got married at the WL with just my family and my MIL present. They were doing construction on the pool at that time and the wedding coordinator actually made them STOP construction so that there wasn't awful noise ruining our wedding. Then we took pictures around the hotel. We also bought the package to get pictures taken in the parks. We chose MK and DHS because they're our favorite and it was just such a cool experience! I loved being there where there was no one else but us and the cast members. Even if we did have to get up at ungodly hours to do it. I'd do it again and again.

Good Saturday afternoon. It is freezing here in jersey. We expect to hit 0 tonight. I hate to think how cold it will be by Pamela. I went grocery shopping this morning so I don't have to do it tomorrow. All I have to do is go to church.

QOTD. Just being in the parks with dh is romantic for me. Our last 2 trips have just been the 2 of us. I know it reminds us of our honeymoon where we went DL.

Have a happy healthy and WARM day.

It is freezing here in jersey. We expect to hit 0 tonight. I hate to think how cold it will be by Pamela. I went grocery shopping this morning so I don't have to do it tomorrow. All I have to do is go to church.

Yikes. It's 88 degrees today in Southern California. We're watching the Olympic Marathon trials this morning... which are also from Los Angeles. They're dying in the heat.

Glad to hear that.... I'll report it to DS who is anxiously awaiting a time to go see this!

My DS and his mates saw this on Friday night and they all liked it - @flvy glad you enjoyed - I'm not trying to compare your enjoyment to a bunch of 15 year old geeky boys lol!

Sorry - I have nothing on this one - I am hiding from Valentines Day - been single way too long.

My DS and his mates saw this on Friday night and they all liked it - @flvy glad you enjoyed - I'm not trying to compare your enjoyment to a bunch of 15 year old geeky boys lol!

Hahah me and the sons. :rotfl:

It's currently -2 here and getting colder. I can't run in this so I'm extremely frustrated. Today was horrible. I'm calling it at 8 and just going to be and hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.

After a little gain last week due to TOM I'm down 2.2 lbs this month finally. 25% of the way to my goal for the month. I'd need some big loss weeks to make up for the first one. Frustrating that I have to count on that water retention/bloating gain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter