Find Your Own "Directive" - the February Weight Loss / Life Style Change Challenge

QOTW - I, myself have never been to Disney Parks with a SO. Which is why I am SO EXCITED for my December trip with my love. I can't wait to watch fireworks together, enjoy amazing meals together, and just stroll through the parks and Disney Springs at night. Disney does a great job with their night lighting it always seems so romantic! Once when I was on my College Program, my friend and I were watching Wishes from the beach of the Polynesian and the guy in front of us popped the question to his girlfriend! It was so sweet.

Goal for the week, 30%. I know 30% is a great number but I am frustrated because I feel like I'm plateauing, which shouldn't be the case THIS soon. I expect it a few months down the line, but I feel like I just started.

:sad2:
It's -14 out and my heat isn't working right. Ahhhhh. :cold::cold::cold:

NO :sad2::sad2::sad2: It was 0 this morning when we got up. We had a furnace go out when it was 5 and it got pretty cold. During Sandy we had no heat and it got cold enough to snow. Luckily we had the fireplace. We just wrapped ourselves in blankets and slept in front of the fire.

It is now about 14 here in jersey. They say we are going to hit 50 by Tuesday. No wonder I feel like I am coming down with a cold. I have been sitting grading papers and still have to plan for my two classes tomorrow. I am planning to make a pot of meatballs and sausage in a few minutes in the crockpot so I don't have to think about it the rest of the day and we have another meal this week and some for the freezer.

I hit 31% of my goal for this month

Have a happy, healthy and try to stay warm day.

Hi everyone --- happy Valentine's Day! :)

Husband and I are off to Disneyland. We're having the Afternoon Tea at the Disneyland Hotel's Steakhouse 55 and then heading into California Adventure to find the new pin releases and the "I love you, I know" Alex and Ani bracelet.

I'll report if I see any big romantic gestures. The tea service is relatively new at Steakhouse 55 so I'm intrigued how it'll compare to the one at the Grand Floridian.

And here's some themed art to get us in the mood:
wall_e_and_eve_valentines_day_by_aleximusprime.jpg

dsnyfn1022 Your pictures are beautiful. I love your dress and bouquet. I am really into weddings these days since we have 4 coming up in the next 14 months. 2 are for my sons, one for a nephew and one for for my Goddaughter

Checking in with another 0% this week. :guilty: I weighed Friday, yesterday, and today. Technically I'm actually down 2lbs from my weigh-in on Friday - yay!, but that puts me right back to where I started at the beginning of the month - boo. TTotM really kicked my butt this week.

I LOVE those pictures!! Why didn't you share them before? The MK is adorable.... he made your foot "pop" (anyone else a Princess Diaries fan?). .....................P

Thank you so much!!! I don't know why I didn't share them before... I honestly thought I did?? And for the record, LOVE Princess Diaries - 1 AND 2! Haha.

These are the photos from our Disneymoon!

And these are the photos from our wedding!

Both albums are public so you can all see them without having to add me as a Facebook friend - though, feel free to add me if you'd like to! I just looked back through the wedding photos for the first time in a couple of months, and I really am so proud of how that all turned out. All of that stress and hard work really paid off! I need to get some of those printed and framed and put up around the house... I just wish we had gotten a picture of the giant blue construction dumpster that the venue placed in our ceremony spot, that my DH had to chain to his truck and pull to another spot on property so we could get married where we wanted! Bahahaha.

I agree the photos of @JacknSally are great - you look stunning in the one dressed for dinner.

:blush: Wow, thank you!!

Here are pictures!! I could post a million but these are my favorites. Also, sorry for the giant pictures :)

OH MY GOSH THE ONE IN THE CASTLE TUNNEL!!!! Oh my gosh all of them, really. :love::love::love::love::love: Those are the parks I would've picked, too!!!! HOW COOL!!!! that you got that experience and those memories and keepsakes. Those are amazing, amazing photographs.

(look, @courtneybeth, Hollywood Studios DOES exist! :P)

@dsnyfn1022 I'm freaking out over those pictures. It looks so wonderful and magical and both you guys just look AMAZING! Do you have another closer picture of those shoes though?! Also yay foot tattoos!

Question of the day - February 15
giphy.gif

Progress Report: Half-way Point
We are officially half-way through the month and should be well on our way to finding our new Directives.
Take a moment to reflect on the last 14 days and really be honest in your evaluations.
Ask yourself: Are you breaking free from your programing and finding a new Directive?

Are you on target for your goal? Why or Why not?
What will you change over the next 14 days to finish strong?
What will you keep doing?

We are officially half-way through the month and should be well on our way to finding our new Directives.
Take a moment to reflect on the last 14 days and really be honest in your evaluations.
Ask yourself: Are you breaking free from your programing and finding a new Directive?

Whilst I am struggling with meeting my goal for the month I do feel like I am finding a new Directive. I am making much more of an effort to be more active, where in the past I would just be on the couch.

Not on target most likely due to food choices - some days I am really good but then I am really bad.
Focus on food a bit more.
I am aiming to keep doing something I did this morning for the first time - remember last month I talked about working up to going paddling with a friend before work ..... I did it!!! It was a gorgeous time of day on the river - so for those of you who are feeling the cold here is a pic I took when I finished the paddle at 6.30am this morning. I fell in once lol - I turned to quickly and tipped straight over the water temp was perfect though - mind you I got quickly back up on my board as I am super nervous about s-h-a-r-k-s :scared1:

River.jpg

I think my brain froze in the extreme cold here yesterday and I forgot to report! I know I read the threads in the way to visit my dad at the hospital.

Anyway, I'm at 50%. I go to WDW Wednesday, and won't be back until Tuesday. So I will not be reporting in next week unless I happen across a scale somewhere on my travels. But I will be sure to report in the following week, which will either show all the park time walking plus racing kept me in check, or that I managed to eat enough that it didn't. Hoping for the former.

Well.... I am not at the 50% mark for the month...... technically I'm only at 3.33% So obviously I need to get my butt in gear! Food has been good... actually even better than usual because I haven't had any crazy weekends. A few splurges here and there, but not totally disasters.

I am not eating enough on a daily basis and I know that (combined with my lack of consistent exercise) is killing my metabolism. My daily SP target is 30 SP and I've only hit it (or exceeded it) 5 days this month. So 10 days I have significantly undereaten..... not really intentionally, it just happens. I need to start having LARGER meals EARLIER in the day. I'm working on bumping up my breakfast by 1-2 SP as well as my lunches. I end up with waaayyy too many SP left at the end of the day and I KNOW I shouldn't be eating large portions of anything at night, so I often don't eat all my SP... even if I am hungry. Stupid, I know.

Today's breakfast was 5 SP and it was healthy and delicious (one of my "change-it-up breakfast bowls"..... plus I had a whole banana (I often eat just a half.... a hold-over of the old Points program where a serving of banana for 1 Point was half a banana).

My big change for the next 14 days will be BIGGER breakfasts, LARGER lunches, and less SP consumed in the evening (after 7pm). How does that sound? Sounds good to me.... a nice achievable goal!.....................P

giphy.gif

I don't set a weight goal for this thread but a km goal since I have a weight goal on the other thread I am on. I feel like they go hand and hand plus pushes me to get my walking in. I am at 27.4k/60k as of right now so not quite half way but I am setting a weekly goal this week so I make it possible to hit my goal at the end of the month. I started a fitness agenda which I put all my exercise goals in at the beginning of the week for each day so I have plan to follow for the week.

@4Mickeys your shark comment cracked me up. That is SO me. I am so scared of sharks. Thanks for the laugh and great job on doing it.

Yesterday's Disneyland adventure was amazing - we had tea service at Steakhouse 55 around 130 and headed into California Adventure around 3.... when we realized the park was nearly at capacity! (Keep in mind that california adventure is usually at a fill capacity of 30% on a good weekend). We did a full lap around California Adventure and headed over to Disneyland around 5pm and it was super crowded there too.

Suffice to say, husband and I did a lot of walking and window shopping, culminating in waiting for Paint the Night and fireworks... but the fireworks didn't happen due to winds. (This is why I don't like fireworks! Still haven't seen the new fireworks show LOL).

The "I Love You, I Know" bracelet was released at Disney World as of Thursday of last week - but Disneyland is not getting it until this morning. So back we go to Disneyland for a muffin at the Jolly Holiday and going on a quest to find the bracelet.

On the plus side, we did see that the Class of 2016 mouse ears were released --- so now we are on the lookout for a nice pair over the next 2 months so I can get my official ears for my grad party. We snuck into the room where the party will be held (inside Steakhouse 55) and it's ah-may-zing.

Side note: for those of you guys planning trips to Disneyland before May 21, keep in mind that the Southern California resident ticket offers are in effect. Non-passholder residents can purchase three days for $180 (or $60 per day) and it's filling up the parks when many big attractions are closed. We were joking yesterday that you're paying 2/3 of the price for 2/3 of the park! :rotfl:

Is it ok to have woohoos on Friday?! Powered through 35 minutes on the treadmill in one go, followed it up with three sets of 2 minutes each on the rowing machine, just going as hard as I could. I thought my arms would fall off! Ha. And this weekend we're getting my office/craft room set up so I can hopefully move all of this junk out of the living room haha. And I have a few touch-ups to do but I am super pleased with how this painting turned out - the first of many to go out! I love this color blue... Which is good because it's currently all over everything, lol.

View attachment 151116

AND last but not least, DH's birthday is Monday, and last year as a reward, all the employees for the next 365 days were given their birthdays off from work, so we get a free 3-day weekend!

Woohoo Friday!

Happy weigh-ins to everyone! @courtneybeth I weighed this morning but I won't report until Sunday... I like to weigh every day and just accept whatever number is best and ignore all the others... Bahaha.

I LOVE your painting!!!! AND I loved your pictures!!!

Haha I go there 5 days a week! It's where my work is! They moved to Maine so no.

I am a Mainer! I live about 25 mins West of Portland ..

giphy.gif

well I am only 1/4 of the way to goal - but that is less then what I started the month at.. I need to buckle down and not let the stress get to me so much right now, which is a work in progress.. I hope everyone has a great afternoon..

oh and @dsnyfn1022 your pics were beautiful as well..

I have seen one proposal just as Wishes was ending in 2014.. thought it was great! made me tear up.. Hubs thought I was nuts haaaaa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter