Find Your Own "Directive" - the February Weight Loss / Life Style Change Challenge

Morning all! I will have to dash so no time to read/reply/answer QOTD for now. Scale showed the tiniest movement down.... and then a big swing up the second time I stepped on and then an even BIGGER swing up the third time I stepped on! :crazy2: What the heck??!! All weigh-ins done within an half hour time period with no food, drink, or potty in between. I do NOT understand my scale at all. Last time I had a scale that did this I kicked it to the curb and got a new one..... so maybe it's time again. Any recommendations? Last one was a Thinner brand and this one is a WW brand.

Dashing! TTYL.......................P

Reminder: Please submit your final weigh-in results no later than Sunday evening.
You may PM them to me or post directly in the thread here.

I'm now down 6 lbs from Feb 1 - My goal was 15 lbs for the month of Feb which puts me at 40%. I had the lowest carb total from my meals yesterday that I ever had, and the scale was very kind this morning - I guess I need to make that a thing now.

Question of the Day - February 12
Let's talk... Favorite Disney Parks Parades/Shows

The clip above is from the original World of Color show at California Adventure - and features our favorite robots Wall-E and Eve.
Were all obviously fans of Disney and Disney Night Time Shows. Let's take today to talk about them!

What is your favorite Disney Night Time Show(s)?
Why do you like it? Is there some special meaning behind it?

We went to the last MVMCP last year at DW and really liked all the shows that night. Celebrate the Magic might get the nod for my favorite.

Morning all! I will have to dash so no time to read/reply/answer QOTD for now. Scale showed the tiniest movement down.... and then a big swing up the second time I stepped on and then an even BIGGER swing up the third time I stepped on! :crazy2: What the heck??!! All weigh-ins done within an half hour time period with no food, drink, or potty in between. I do NOT understand my scale at all. Last time I had a scale that did this I kicked it to the curb and got a new one..... so maybe it's time again. Any recommendations? Last one was a Thinner brand and this one is a WW brand.

Dashing! TTYL.......................P

We finally broke down last month and bought a Physician Scale (Detecto model 437) - best purchase ever. Our old scale was a digital that would jump around a few pounds every time I would step on. No more. Now at least I feel I'm getting a legit reading every time.

The clip above is from the original World of Color show at California Adventure - and features our favorite robots Wall-E and Eve.
Were all obviously fans of Disney and Disney Night Time Shows. Let's take today to talk about them!

My favorite nighttime show is Main Street Electrical Parade. It the first one that I remember seeing and I have always loved it. We were in DW a couple of years ago and got to stay at BLT. Dh and I like to take it easy in the evenings so we walked over to MK twice to see the parade. The first time I took picture and the second time I did a video.

I also like Fantasmic. I saw it only once with my friend and her girls while our husbands were doing something else. We ended up waiting over an hour to see it. Dh had never seen it because I know he doesn't like to sit that long waiting for something. When we were there in Oct I got sick one day. Dh and our friends (the wife is the one I saw Fantasmic with) did the parks without me. They were in DHS for dinner and she suggested that they see Fantasmic. Dh loved it. I plan to see it again with him.

I woke up this morning with a really bad headache. I just took something for it and am going up to shower. Going to the quilt shop this afternoon for a meeting so that I don't have to go out tomorrow. It is supposed to be near zero all day tomorrow so if I don't have to go out I won't.

I had a good week. I am at 31% of my goal for the month.

Have a happy and healthy and WARM day

My favorite is Illuminations at Epcot for WDW. I think mostly for sentimental reasons. I have memories going back to 1986 of watching it as a kid, then with my husband before kids and now with my own kids. It has changed over time, and although the original version was my favorite, I still love it.

Out in DL, I loved World of Color. We had a room at VGC with a view of it, so we watched it from the room each night. We needed to keep somewhat of an east coast schedule sleep wise for the kids, plus I had 3 early mornings with races. But it was awesome and we hope to watch it from the park next time we are at DL.

I found a few photos of my running "costumes".

Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 8.39.57 AM.png PHM 2014, Sleeping Beauty

Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 8.34.45 AM.png PHM 2015, Princess Leia, hard to see my hair buns;)

Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 8.28.03 AM.png Avengers Half 2015, Hulk Inspired

My 5k and 10k pics are not great, I stink at selfies, and the ones taken by my family are too far away tone clear, and I don't love my character ones;)

All of them?? I'm a sucker for the nighttime shows! Sentimentally, I love Illuminations because when we got married in Disney we went to Epcot that night and saw Illuminations for the first time and it was just a perfect ending to the night. However, my all-time favorite is a tie between Wishes and Fantasmic! I looooove Wishes. Makes me cry every time. But Fantasmic is just amazing. I cry watching that too! It just feels so "Disney" to me that I can't help but love it.

HALLOWISHES AND THE BOO TO YOU PARADE.

The Boo to You Parade is soooo fun! I randomly start singing Boo to You all the dang time lol.

I have never been to DL and have many shows I still need to see. My #1 is Osborn Spectacle of lights. Love love love it! Close second is Wishes. Then the third and not in a park is pirate night on DCL.

@DVCFan1994 Love the Leia buns! haha! Very cute!

I LOVED Disney Dreams in DL Paris. We went as part of our honeymoon and so that has special memories for me in that. But I just loved how it was a super conglomerate of like fireworks, water show, light show, and projections all on a castle *sigh* I was stunned. So much that we stood in freezing rain all three nights to watch it. I just absolutely loved it!

But Wishes is my favorite here at home. I cry-- everytime.... Haha! DH thinks I'm a nut.

I have not been to DL as an adult and don't remember much from my one trip as a kid, but seeing those videos makes me think I would just be in AWE of WOC. Confession: I literally watched like a minute of the video and turned it off so as not to spoil myself Hahaha! DH and I have been trying to squeeze in a DL trip, and all this talk on here is just hyping me up to want to go even more!

The Boo to You Parade is soooo fun! I randomly start singing Boo to You all the dang time lol.

LOL. You are not alone in that one!

Gosh, it's such a toss up. I absolutely love Wishes! but (sad to say) it's getting a bit old, I love Celebrate the Magic (before Wishes!) that one gives me chills at certain points. Illuminations always brings a tear down my cheek. I just love the music, so powerful. I could really honestly take or leave (mostly leave) Fantasmic! I know I am going to be shamed for saying that. But it just doesn't do anything for me, my favorite scene in Fantasmic is the Pocahontas scene, where she's up on top of the rock, and that's about it.

I've never been to Disneyland/California Adventure but I have the World of Color soundtrack on my phone and I love it and know it by heart! Would love to see it some day!

For Walt Disney World, I have to say that the Main Street Electrical Parade wins. I remember watching that parade as a kid at Disneyland! It's the music that really does it for me - every time I hear the music I start crying because it's so special. I think a lot of us feel that way though :)

For Disneyland, it has to be World of Color. While Paint the Night is great and Fantasmic is too -- there's just something magical about World of Color. It's water, lights, and projection technology - yet I'm fascinated every time I watch it because of what they're able to do with that.

Hello Checking in for the month lost 1 lb so that puts me 25% .. slow but sure..

QotD -- Oh man if I really had to pick just one I'd say Wishes.. Star light Star bright first star I see tonight.. yeah that's the tug on the ole heart strings..

on another note - I think (with my parents help) we can pay off our CC's in the next week! which means we will hopefully have a zero balance when the credit report is pulled at the beginning of March which means we can proceed with the home loan.. OMG.. I am so excited and VERY VERY nervous at the same time, I just don't want to have our hopes/dream dashed again at the last minute

Back story!! we went thru a horrible experience last spring - we tried to purchase a friends older 20+ yr mobile and I told the bank it didn't fit the criteria for the Maine state housing but they put the pre approval thru for Maine state housing unbeknownst to me and so we were all excited and told our friend we got approved then told another friend we'd sell our mobile to her then the bank called 2 days later and said oh no we made a mistake and you can't get that old of mobile must be newer then 20 yrs and I said but I told you it was older and you put it thru and they were like oh well it can't be that type of loan sorry maybe we can do it another way, so I went and told both other families that the bank made a mistake and was trying to fix it and they'd call back the next week so they call me back the next week and say we'll approve you for these other types so you still can get the loan it will just be 3 different ones and I am like I don't care whatever just give us the stinking loan and after filling out endless paper work Friday afternoon and opening a new bank account and depositing $$ 2 days later they call and say oh it went to the loan committee and they said no you are too high risk due to a 5 yr old bankruptcy and your husband has too much debt to income to do it on his own .. so once again I have to go back to the two sets of friends and say no the bank denied us again... IT WAS HORRIBLE.. 3 weeks of ups and downs I can't handle anything like that again.. The lady at the new company we talked was very nice and went to the underwriter when we submitted our application last month .. she did find out that because my bankruptcy was only 6 yrs old I needed 3 lines of good credit for 12 months and I only have two .. she suggested I take out a loan for 18 month and come back in 13 months and shouldn't run into any issues OR we could pay off my hubs $6K CC debt which would make him only have the mortgage, taxes and lot rent as debt and his income would be sufficient for the loan.. BOTH very daunting choices but when speaking to my parents they offered to help out with half and we have some tax $ and I get a yearly bonus in March that would pay off the other half but my mom suggested today that they give us most of it (we paid 1K already) and just pay them our tax and bonus $$ (and keep the plan for the half as we had it all hashed out before) I know this was long and maybe TMI but this is going to lead me to some emotional stress eating and I bet my numbers will be all over the place.. PHEW it's nice to get that out I don't talk to anyone but my parents and hubs about it because I was so embarrassed to have to tell everyone on the planet we actually got declined last year... thanks for listening (reading) friends I sure do appreciate all of you..

by the way I love the running costumes.. I have a friend in GA who runs races and always dresses up.. she is so cute! Almost makes me want to get out there and try it myself - but alas that will have to wait to the rest of my life calms down I am not ready for that commitment yet..

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend .. Hugs and Smiles to you all Michelle

Ahhhh @courtneybeth I can't watch that I want a full surprise! Ahhhhh temptation.

Wishes so far is my favorite I've gotten tears every time I've seen it.

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't care too much about the electrical parade. I mean it's super cool. I guess I'm just not a parade person.

QOTD.......For Disneyland it's World of Color....LOVE it! For WDW we saw Illuminations for the very first time this past May and I loved it!

Ahhhh @courtneybeth I can't watch that I want a full surprise! Ahhhhh temptation.

You can watch because it's the old show - not the one you'll be seeing in April. Right now it's the 60th Anniversary version about Walt and his dream. This 1 minute clip is from the original show and features wall-e.

You can watch because it's the old show - not the one you'll be seeing in April. Right now it's the 60th Anniversary version about Walt and his dream. This 1 minute clip is from the original show and features wall-e.

So many feelings watching that. The Walt Verizon is going to make me cry like a small child.

QOTD: I think I would have to say Illuminations. I do love the Main St. Electrical Parade and Wishes but my mental associations with them are both happy and sad. We usually close out our WDW vacations with MK, so they are both lovely and sad at the same time.

I've only seen Illuminations twice and have been absolutely enchanted both times, and that, coupled with the lack of negative associations (even additional positive ones because it's only 9pm and I'm a lot less tired) means it gets the edge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter