Fight boarding bus back to AoA at MK closing last night.

wbutter

Earning My Ears
Did anyone else witness this? A man and a woman riding ECVs almost started a fistfight over who was next for the bus. They were swearing back and forth for about 10 minutes and the bus driver had to keep them separated. Then security had to come and they detained the whole bus while a couple hundred people were waiting at 12:45 to get back to the resort. Felt bad for the busdriver and anyone in line who had to witness this. Life is not always fair, sometimes you have to be the bigger person and let things go. Worst display I've ever seen at Disney.

I believe it happens more than one would think....people are tired and all they want is to get back to their resort and they'll squash anyone in their way.

Reminds me of the guy who took a swing at the bus driver because he was told he'd have to fold his stroller and he wouldn't be let onto the bus first just because he had a baby. He got arrested. The bus driver was about 3 times his size, too, so what was he thinking?

This is one reason we don't stay late for the fireworks or stay near park closing. I can barely handle the crowds earlier, no way at closing.

A couple years ago we were standing with the masses watching Wishes when 2 mothers got into a shoving match when a family complained when another family put a small child on her father's shoulders. The first family complained that no one can see and it stayed verbal til the mothers started shoving each other. It was unbelievable and they ALL missed the show because of it and it ruined the "magic" for everyone around them. Grow up people!! *sigh*

I think it's not good when parents are trying to teach their children to be respectful and the adults can't even act that way. It's a shame others had to witness.

I am so glad most guests do not act that way.

Two kids (18 or so) almost started a fight with each other when I interjected. They were swearing for all the little kids around to hear, including mine, and I politley (as best as I could) convinced them not to act like idiots. But that is all I have ever seen at Disney, honestly I see people going out of their way to be nice.

This was the first time I saw anything like that at Disney. Glad it isn't a regular occurrence, just made me sad. I'm glad that 99% of the people I meet are so nice and respectful to everyone.

A fight after midnight? After spending all day at the park?

Good grief...who would have the ENERGY to pick a fight?? :faint:

I wonder if fights and insults are more so in the hot summer months when people are melting from the heat?

Such a shame...

We witnessed a fight last April leaving MK after wishes. what was wild about it was the guys fighting, one had a kid on his shoulders and the other has a kid strapped on his back.

Man o' man, my dh would have hell to pay if he got into a fight with my kid on his back!!! No way would he have been sleeping in the same room.

I don't get it, whenever I step onto Main street I almost here angels singing. what could you possible get mad over?

A fight after midnight? After spending all day at the park?

Good grief...who would have the ENERGY to pick a fight?? :faint:

I wonder if fights and insults are more so in the hot summer months when people are melting from the heat?

Such a shame...

They were on ecv's.

I can't imagine getting into a fight about getting on a bus espically if I already had a nice comfortable seat on and EVC for goodness sake. However, if you are standing in front of me and you put your kid on your shoulders for wishes, I will take you down. Just fair warning to anyone standing in front of a really short 40 year old woman with 3 blond boys with her and a NJ accent, DON'T put your kids on your shoulders ;)

What disappointed me the most was the behavior of the teenagers, I know, go figure. But it drives me nuts when I see ladies holding their kids and nobody will get up and let them sit down.

This is why I usually avoid the insane times for the busses (ie - park closing). If DH and I stay for let's say Illuminations - we will find a nice park bench in the park to sit on for at least 1/2 hr after the show (no matter how tired we are) and just sit and relax knowing that we are avoiding the bus stop chaos.

By the time we mosey our way to the bus stop we usually quite literally walk on the bus.

People get really intense when they are cranky and tired after a long day at the parks. It's sad to see - especially when there are children present.

Have not been to WDW with the kids yet, but every time we have gone to DL I am reminded of how well behaved my kids are. :)

It's stories like this that help motivate us to do split stays at resorts near the parks so that we don't have to deal with the crazy park closing bus situation.

For example, on our next trip, we're planning to stay at CR during the night we stay for Wishes and at BC during the night we stay for Illuminations.

In May there was a problem with a POR bus at the end of the night that was starting to form what I can only call a riot in the bus line. I want to say a bus broke down back at the resort, like an ECV loading issue? So they got really behind, and then dispatched more busses to catch back up. But they started separating POR and POFQ into two lines and people were getting furious. I think because the signs up front weren't correct, so newcomers were getting directed by CM's into lines ahead of the ones in the original line? Still not entirely sure haha.

One father actually started a chant...but that turned ugly and a transportation manager and some CM's had to come down and talk to him because he started getting in their faces about it. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter