• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fight boarding bus back to AoA at MK closing last night.

What disappointed me the most was the behavior of the teenagers, I know, go figure. But it drives me nuts when I see ladies holding their kids and nobody will get up and let them sit down.

I used to think that too until I realized that I couldn't point out anyone and say I knew for sure they didn't need their seat.

I also look at it this way: If I am with my family at WDW and I know someone can't stand on the bus, then they don't. It is easy to step aside and wait for a bus with open seating. And if that is not a good solution, renting a car is always an option. If it is my family it is up to me to see that their needs are met. If I am too lazy/cheap to do that, then it is ridiculous to expect total strangers to do it for me.

I used to think that too until I realized that I couldn't point out anyone and say I knew for sure they didn't need their seat.

I also look at it this way: If I am with my family at WDW and I know someone can't stand on the bus, then they don't. It is easy to step aside and wait for a bus with open seating. And if that is not a good solution, renting a car is always an option. If it is my family it is up to me to see that their needs are met. If I am too lazy/cheap to do that, then it is ridiculous to expect total strangers to do it for me.

I think this is a good thing for people to remember. I'm 36 and look perfectly normal to the average observer if I'm sitting on a bus seat, but if you look closely, you'll probably see my right hand shaking a little and that my right side looks really stiff when I walk because of Parkinson's disease.

The parks wear me down and I really need the seat even though it might appear that I don't.

I think this is a good thing for people to remember. I'm 36 and look perfectly normal to the average observer if I'm sitting on a bus seat, but if you look closely, you'll probably see my right hand shaking a little and that my right side looks really stiff when I walk because of Parkinson's disease.

The parks wear me down and I really need the seat even though it might appear that I don't.

I'm about your same age and have a hidden injury as well and sometimes I just need to sit down or I will fall over, and there are days when I limp really badly or can't stand for long periods of time. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten dirty looks from people on buses, or me sitting on benches, often followed with interesting comments. For some of the more irritating people I've actually lifted up my skirt or pant leg to show them all the surgical scars on my leg to shut them up. I've gotten to the point where I no longer require an ECV or a wheelchair, but oh man--the time I did need to use those devices, I had to deal with so many strangers treating me like I was "faking it" because the rest of me looked young and healthy.

And TBH, strangers don't pay my medical bills. I'd rather endure their nasty looks and judgment than fall over, re-injure myself, and have to go back to the hospital.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter