Feeling Grand - How to Plan a Disney Trip In 18 Days Or Less

The weather reports sound great! Let's hope the weather is relatively accurate for a change. Looking forward to reading more plans!

The weather reports sound great! Let's hope the weather is relatively accurate for a change. Looking forward to reading more plans!

Relatively accurate would definitely be good! :goodvibes

I'm not sure how many more plans there are, although I could go in depth into the food I plan to eat and the shopping I plan to do.

That would be two more separate posts, and get us into the single digit dance! :cool1:

Ohh..your weather does sound great! Almost too great..:lmao: I would be happy with 70's on our trip, 80's would be pushing it! Unless we're in the middle of a blizzard at home, then I wouldn't mind. I'd def pack a few different types of shoes, from the sound of it.

Woohoo for re-organizing. Your plan sounds really good, I'm crossing my fingers that your dh goes for it, though I have a feeling he will! Glad you're feeling better :)

Ohh..your weather does sound great! Almost too great..:lmao: I would be happy with 70's on our trip, 80's would be pushing it! Unless we're in the middle of a blizzard at home, then I wouldn't mind. I'd def pack a few different types of shoes, from the sound of it.

Oh, I'll take the 80s and I'll love it! :lmao:

Honestly, I'll just be so glad to get away from freezing cold, wind that bites right through you, and snow.

Woohoo for re-organizing. Your plan sounds really good, I'm crossing my fingers that your dh goes for it, though I have a feeling he will! Glad you're feeling better :)

I think so too. I tested the waters with my ideas tonight, and he seemed amenable.

I'll wear him down, I will. ;)

I totally understand loving where you live and not wanting to leave. I'm sure there are after school solutions in your area. Have you looked into the Y? In NYC, the Y runs a number of afterschool programs and even picks the children up at school. Plus, the kids aren't just playing. My students have taken guitar lessons, learned to knit, and have had swimming classes.
I love the bookcase for toys, etc. You'll definitely maximize your storage space.

I have two of those fabric storage units and I :love: them. They came with my livingroom furniture. I keep DVDs and Wii games and controllers in there. They are so much more practical than a coffee table.

Oh! I am so glad you guys will have nice weather!

No more getting soaked in your dress clothes this time! :rotfl2:

Your re-organizing ideas sound practical and nice looking too! I'm so glad your mom is helping you out, and I have a good feeling about your DH seeing things your way! :thumbsup2

Isn't that sweet about her sending you all those pretty pictures; only one missing that I can think of... :confused3 Where's the man of every hour?

Weather?? I'd pack flip flops, but tut-tut, sounds like rain, too. Are you planning on taking something more rain worthy??

I sure hope that the weather is great for you TK. I hope you get to wear your flip flops the whole time you are there.

I am sure your dh will agree to a flat screen. I want one too but first I want to go to Disney. I am trying to save enough to upgrade to WL. I hope you will post pictures once you are done streamlining your home.

I totally understand loving where you live and not wanting to leave. I'm sure there are after school solutions in your area. Have you looked into the Y? In NYC, the Y runs a number of afterschool programs and even picks the children up at school. Plus, the kids aren't just playing. My students have taken guitar lessons, learned to knit, and have had swimming classes.
I love the bookcase for toys, etc. You'll definitely maximize your storage space.

The funny thing is they are actually in the process of building the Y in my town! :lmao: So it's not an option yet, but I'm really hoping it will be in the future, and it's definitely something to keep in mind.

I have two of those fabric storage units and I :love: them. They came with my livingroom furniture. I keep DVDs and Wii games and controllers in there. They are so much more practical than a coffee table.

Right now all of my son's Transformers are in a laundry basket under our coffee table. I can't wait for them to go in something and be hidden. I don't have a problem with kids having toys, you know what I mean? I just want some of the spaces in our home to look more adult.

Especially considering that in a few short months my bedroom will be turning into baby central. :lmao:

You're going to have great weather!

I'm sure your DH will agree to a flat screen.

Weather is looking good! I can't wait to check it this morning.

I'm thinking we'll probably wait on the flat screen until next month, since I spent a bit on all that organizational stuff for the apartment. :thumbsup2

Oh! I am so glad you guys will have nice weather!

No more getting soaked in your dress clothes this time! :rotfl2:

HA! Well, I hope not, anyway, there are some thunderstorm forecasts, but I'm not too worried. Have poncho, will travel, that's my vacation motto.:thumbsup2

Your re-organizing ideas sound practical and nice looking too! I'm so glad your mom is helping you out, and I have a good feeling about your DH seeing things your way! :thumbsup2

Isn't that sweet about her sending you all those pretty pictures; only one missing that I can think of... :confused3 Where's the man of every hour?

That was a rather obvious omission, huh? :lmao:

Weather?? I'd pack flip flops, but tut-tut, sounds like rain, too. Are you planning on taking something more rain worthy??

Oh, for sure. I have a pair of closed Merrell Mocs, and I'm thinking I'll be taking those with my walking socks, then a pair of more closed sandals, and a pair of (optimistic) flip flops.

I sure hope that the weather is great for you TK. I hope you get to wear your flip flops the whole time you are there.

That would be AWESOME.

I am sure your dh will agree to a flat screen. I want one too but first I want to go to Disney. I am trying to save enough to upgrade to WL. I hope you will post pictures once you are done streamlining your home.

I love your new countdown ticker!!!

And I will definitely post pictures of my mad organizing skills. Or craziness, as the case may be.

I love your new countdown ticker!!!

And I will definitely post pictures of my mad organizing skills. Or craziness, as the case may be.

Thanks, I was tired of the old one. Now I just have to leave it alone because once it starts to move I won't want to send Mickey all the way back to the beginning. I don't think anybody who is organized is crazy. I wish I were more organized. That is one skill I just keep trying but don't seem to do very well on.

Thanks, I was tired of the old one. Now I just have to leave it alone because once it starts to move I won't want to send Mickey all the way back to the beginning. I don't think anybody who is organized is crazy. I wish I were more organized. That is one skill I just keep trying but don't seem to do very well on.

Oh, that Mickey is too cute to go all the way back to the beginning!

I do think that once I know what I'm having, I will change my pregnancy ticker, so that will be a bummer to watch it go all the way back to the beginning, but oh well! I know how far I've come.

The problem is that I go through bouts of organization with intermittent periods of sloppiness. Sounds like the weather. LOL Anyway, my key issue is consistency. I must learn to be consistent!:lmao:

Oh, that Mickey is too cute to go all the way back to the beginning!

I do think that once I know what I'm having, I will change my pregnancy ticker, so that will be a bummer to watch it go all the way back to the beginning, but oh well! I know how far I've come

It is always hard to see the ticker start all over again. At least with your pregnancy ticker you know that your date really can't be postponed all that much. ;)

The problem is that I go through bouts of organization with intermittent periods of sloppiness. Sounds like the weather. LOL Anyway, my key issue is consistency. I must learn to be consistent!:lmao:

That is my problem to being consistent. I usually do pretty good for about a month then I start slowly going down hill again.

It is always hard to see the ticker start all over again. At least with your pregnancy ticker you know that your date really can't be postponed all that much. ;)

That's the thing, this baby is coming when it wants to, countdown ticker or no.

That is my problem to being consistent. I usually do pretty goof for about a month then I start slowly going down hill again.

Me, too, but I think knowing that there's going to be a whole other person here is really going to kick my butt into gear.

Sounds like your handling everything on your plate okay. Be sure to get lots of rest to help fight off that cold/sinus problem. I think this has just been the winter for illness. I hadn't been sick in 10 years, but this weekend I started coming down with cold number 4. Seriously, I've had enough!

Good luck with the organizing. This year I made it my resolution to de-stash and organize my place as well. For someone who lives alone I would have plenty of space if I didn't save practically everything. I have a bad habit of keeping things because I may possibly need them one day, or because it was a gift. This year I'm getting rid of it all. I want to be able to open my closets without things falling on me. So far so good, but dealing with my out of control yarn collection is going to be a bit harder to deal with.

popcorn::

didn't realize you started a new PTR for your mother daughter trip...will be back to get caught up...thanks for the handy links

Scrappie

I just got caught up on your last few updates, it sounds like things have gotten much better in the past couple of days and things at home are a bit more under control. :thumbsup2 I am all about streamlining the house too, I've been re-doing Henry's room the past couple of days, tonight the furniture is getting moved around and the crib front is being taken off...BIG BOY BED! :eek::sick: :sad2: So many emotions about it, but he's asking for it. :laughing:

Almost single-digit dancing, yay!!!!!!!! :dance3:

Sounds like your handling everything on your plate okay. Be sure to get lots of rest to help fight off that cold/sinus problem. I think this has just been the winter for illness. I hadn't been sick in 10 years, but this weekend I started coming down with cold number 4. Seriously, I've had enough!

A lot of people I know have gotten this. I think I've finally kicked it but it really knocked me on my butt, that's for sure.

Good luck with the organizing. This year I made it my resolution to de-stash and organize my place as well. For someone who lives alone I would have plenty of space if I didn't save practically everything. I have a bad habit of keeping things because I may possibly need them one day, or because it was a gift. This year I'm getting rid of it all. I want to be able to open my closets without things falling on me. So far so good, but dealing with my out of control yarn collection is going to be a bit harder to deal with.

I am the same way, but I have to tell you, you don't need it all. I make the same mistake. And, in all reality, if you haven't touched something in your closet in over a year, it should go. There's just no sense.

popcorn::

didn't realize you started a new PTR for your mother daughter trip...will be back to get caught up...thanks for the handy links

Scrappie

Woo hoo! Happy to have you here, and you're welcome, I'm trying to get better about links to make it easy. :thumbsup2

I just got caught up on your last few updates, it sounds like things have gotten much better in the past couple of days and things at home are a bit more under control. :thumbsup2 I am all about streamlining the house too, I've been re-doing Henry's room the past couple of days, tonight the furniture is getting moved around and the crib front is being taken off...BIG BOY BED! :eek::sick: :sad2: So many emotions about it, but he's asking for it. :laughing:

Almost single-digit dancing, yay!!!!!!!! :dance3:

OMG! Taking the front off the crib!!! Scary. I know how you feel, when we switched to a toddler bed it was a little weird for me. The big boy bed was worse. That was when I really, truly knew I didn't have a toddler/baby anymore. Sounds weird, but that was the turning point for me.

So, I offer you :hug:

Totally and utterly terrified.

I didn't mention it on here because I didn't think anything would come of it. Well, something came of it. A big something.

I went to look at a condo today. And I liked it so much, I made my DH come look at it tonight. And he liked it so much (or I convinced him I guess) that we just put an offer in.

This is the first time I've put an offer in on anything and I am now absolutely terrified. Not because I think it's a lemon or anything, because I am terrified of the mortgage and condo fees! It will stretch our budget, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. And it's turn key. The stove needs to be replaced, and a microwave purchased. That's about it. Paint is gorgeous, wood floors gorgeous, 1 car attached garage, beautiful private back deck, and beautiful finished basement.

It's pretty. And nice. And in the town I work in. And five minutes from DS' preschool, my work, and my parents. And the kindergarten has before and after school care. I'd save on gas at least. :lmao:

But scary, scary I say! What was I THINKING???? :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Next Chapter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter