February Magical Family Adventures!!~ LAST DAY!! (6/5)

To all my readers....lurkers and non-lurkers....I hope you all have a very
MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

christmaswreathtinkerbemw5-1.gif
christmas-tinkerbell.jpg
TinkerBell-christmas.jpg

Mickey-Mouse-Santa-Gifts.jpg
Christmas-Minnie-Mickey-Claus.jpg
Mickey-Mouse-Big-Present.jpg

Thanks to all you guys!!

Hope you are having a fabulous day. We are watching the Disney parade right now. :love:

I sure hope you all had a FABULOUS Christmas / Holiday!! Our's was wonderful. We had family over to eat Gumbo, lots of deserts, and open presents. A good time was had by all.

This January 2nd will be mine and DH's 15th wedding anniversary!! We were going to have a nice dinner on a weekend night in January and exchange gifts during that time. HOWEVER, DH had something up his sleeve this year. This year he surprised me with my anniversary gift along with my other Christmas gifts. Needless to say, I almost passed out after opening all the boxes. Especially the last one. My sister in law caught it in pictures.....

The card...
3139750834_a24cdf42b9.jpg

The present, the shock, & the tears...
3139751986_d607e46990.jpg

More tears and the hug...
3138920793_97d52f1c63.jpg

This is what was in the box....
3139753238_8f81e1a7ce.jpg

I love emerald cut diamonds! And these match the anniversary ring he got me 10 years ago.

So, as you can see, I have needed to regroup and replan on my anniversary present to him. It's hard to compete with diamonds. :eek: I started thinking about something that he would absolutely LOVE but would NEVER expect or suspect. I came up with a few idea's but after polling a few family members, including DS. This is what won.....

DSC07322.jpg

(**photo from the Dis - by: Corey)

I have just booked DH a "Rookie Experience" at the Richard Petty track at WDW. We don't particularly watch Nascar but who doesn't like speed?? :car: DH has looked at this before and said he would LOVE to do that "someday". Well February is now his "someday". :love: He will go through a training session and then he gets to DRIVE 8 laps around the track in a race car!! He is going to flip out!! :woohoo:

There was no time within our trip schedule to fit this because it takes 3-4 hours!! So the only LOGICAL thing to do?? That's right!! Add another night. :rolleyes1

Ok, I didn't TECHNICALLY add another night. But we will be in Orlando a night early. That means I had to move our hotel reservations back one night for the drive down. Plus, add a reservation to a hotel somewhere near WDW. I checked into Pop and other value resorts. They are booked SOLID. Probably because of the good deals going on right now. When I re-booked the "drive down" hotel it was more expensive. I had a ressie for $109 and now it was $128....BUMMER!! But wait.........

So, then I remembered about our trip home last February. We booked a room at a Residence Inn in Pensacola. When we arrived, it was a HUGE mess. The place was absolutely disgusting. The room was filthy. I marched right back to the front desk and checked out. We stayed at the Hampton instead. When I got home I wrote a letter. I recieved a response by email and by phone within a month from the regional manager. He also sent me a voucher for a COMPLIMENTARY night at ANY Residence Inn in the country because he didn't want us to be discouraged with Marriott/Residence Inn. The thing expires this March. I tore up the house trying to find that voucher today. I am so glad to finally have a place to use it! So basically what I'm trying to say is...we have a FREE night booked at the Residence Inn-Lake Buena Vista for the day(night) of DH's driving experience which is the day before our ressie's at OKW. It will be so AWESOME to already be in WDW on our first day. Usually we don't arrive until around 10am. :yay: :woohoo:

Now all I have to do is figure out how to break the news to DH at our anniversary dinner in January. I'm thinking about making a fake voucher on photoshop or something to put in an envelope to give him.

:woohoo: Wow! Those are some earrings!!!!
Yup. You did the right thing with the rookie exp.

Very nice:thumbsup2

-----------------------------------

Santa brought us everything we wanted. Kevin winning that 30K kinda helped a bit.:rotfl:

Awwww, how sweet!!!!! What a nice surprise for you!! The earrings look awesome!!!
I think your DH will love that! Chad did that a couple of times and he just loved it! He has drove the one in Talladega and got to ride with someone in Atlanta. After he saw your post, he is telling me he wants to do it in Orlando!:lmao:

Aww, love that it was caught on camera

Those earrings are beautfiul

Way to go DH :thumbsup2

He is going to love Rookie Exp for sure :woohoo:

How awesome you have that voucher, too for free night :dance3:

:woohoo: Wow! Those are some earrings!!!!
Yup. You did the right thing with the rookie exp.

Very nice:thumbsup2

-----------------------------------

Santa brought us everything we wanted. Kevin winning that 30K kinda helped a bit.:rotfl:

Thank you.
Yeah, i think dh will be surprised.
I'm so glad you guys had a great Christmas. I am still in shock over him winning that!! Just AWESOME. :woohoo:

Awwww, how sweet!!!!! What a nice surprise for you!! The earrings look awesome!!!
I think your DH will love that! Chad did that a couple of times and he just loved it! He has drove the one in Talladega and got to ride with someone in Atlanta. After he saw your post, he is telling me he wants to do it in Orlando!:lmao:
Thank you.
How cool that Chad got to do the drive and the ride! DH will be doing it on the 6th if he wants to schedule the same day. Boy wouldn't that be a "meet"? :rotfl:

Aww, love that it was caught on camera

Those earrings are beautfiul

Way to go DH :thumbsup2

He is going to love Rookie Exp for sure :woohoo:

How awesome you have that voucher, too for free night :dance3:

Thank you.
I think he will LOVE it!
I am so glad I found that voucher. It can only be used on a weekend and we haven't gone anywhere on a weekend since WDW in May. I was wondering if I'd get to use it at all.

Wow, nice earrings! Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas. Same here!Great plan for the driving exp and free hotel:cool1: Feb is soon here! Today is our 45 days! I can't wait:banana:

Wow, nice earrings! Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas. Same here!Great plan for the driving exp and free hotel:cool1: Feb is soon here! Today is our 45 days! I can't wait:banana:

Thank you.
I can't wait to tell DH about the Driving experience!
I can't wait for the trip either!! :banana:

My DSIL would absolutely love that !! He is into Nascar and has driven race cars locally a few times . How expensive is it !!????You can pm me if you want !! Also info on how to book!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter