February 5, 2013 - M&M's Disney Magic 4 Night From Galveston

Both parties in our family group are on deck six. Us interior and them up the walk a ways...but you guys are only one floor up. :)

Sorry I took so long, didn't realize lmackay had put the info up on the thread. LOL was waiting on PM. Anyway, now everyone knows how ditsy I can be. Here's the link to the mini FE group information!

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwPv4I3U5M13THFTOC1fRThsZWM

Please let me know if the link works right, it's my first time linking my drive to a forum!

--Carla

Can we join your mini group, too? We are also in the larger group but want to make sure you guys get plenty of fun stuff. Let me know. If not, no problem. :)

Both parties in our family group are on deck six. Us interior and them up the walk a ways...but you guys are only one floor up. :)

Sorry I took so long, didn't realize lmackay had put the info up on the thread. LOL was waiting on PM. Anyway, now everyone knows how ditsy I can be. Here's the link to the mini FE group information!

Please let me know if the link works right, it's my first time linking my drive to a forum!

--Carla

I clicked on the link and it worked perfectly. Thank you for putting this together! I am fine with others joining. Not sure how all this works. By the way...they won't let me respond to your private message! I can read it, but obviously I haven't "Earned My Ears" and posted enough to be allowed to respond. ;)

Thanks for the info on the park at Cozumel. We are signed up for the Beach Break through Disney but really do not want to spend that much money since all we really want to do is let the kids enjoy an ocean and warm weather - being land locked in Wisconsin the kids have never seen an ocean and we will be leaving lots of snow and sub freezing temps - so unsure what to do at this point.

Beach Break is fun and if you haven't been to Cozumel before it is perfect! It is nice to know everything is taken care of by the tour group and you don't have to worry about getting around. The beach is white sand, the water is gorgeous and everything is taken care of by the staff. I think there is a trampoline out in the water for the kids to swim to and jump on. We brought little beach pails from the dollar store at home for the kids to play with on the sand. (I have a feeling Wisconsin doesn't have a lot of beach pails in the dollar store...but the CVS and Walgreens down here usually have them!) Some people left the pails for the next group because they didn't want to take them back on the ship.

I think you can do Playa Mia the same way we do Chankanaab. (Taxi, pay entrance fee on your own). If you end up going, look and see if there is a place where someone could just pay and get on the beach. Just curious and would be good to know for next time. :)

Can we join your mini group, too? We are also in the larger group but want to make sure you guys get plenty of fun stuff. Let me know. If not, no problem. :)

I'll pull your info from the large group's sheet if the other's are ok with it. :)

I clicked on the link and it worked perfectly. Thank you for putting this together! I am fine with others joining. Not sure how all this works. By the way...they won't let me respond to your private message! I can read it, but obviously I haven't "Earned My Ears" and posted enough to be allowed to respond. ;)

It did the same thing to me. I was whining earlier in the thread about needing three more posts. After 10 posts, you can PM. :rolleyes2

CorBBalter said:
I'll pull your info from the large group's sheet if the other's are ok with it. :)

Great! Let me know and we'll keep up the craft bonanza over here. :) I also sent you a PM with our info.

lmackay (or anyone else who wants answer) - how does the snorkeling thing work. Do you bring your own stuff? Rent? If rent, how much?

lmackay (or anyone else who wants answer) - how does the snorkeling thing work. Do you bring your own stuff? Rent? If rent, how much?

If you booked an excursion, the snorkel stuff is usually free. You just go to a counter on the beach, sign out the stuff, and bring it back when you are done. It is supposedly sanitized...the way Mexico sanitizes you might want to at least wipe it down before you put it in your mouth! They usually have life jackets to check out for the kids. Some people bring the little floatie arms for their little ones.

Most of the beaches you pay to get into advertise that the snorkel stuff is included in the price. The water is a little cold. My kids are fine, but I am get chilly. Still worth it to see the colorful fish and sea horses!

We bring our own stuff. I bought the fins/mask and snorkel for around $12 each. Since it is February not sure if Walmart or Target have the items yet. Academy Sport store does.

Hope this helps. If they do rent to you they usually take American $$ so you don't have to worry about pesos. Oh....there are also many "peddlers" on the beach so be ready to say "No-gracias!". They sell everything from personalized bracelets to massages, sea shells, hair braids, etc. My kids still have the personalized bracelets and the massages are pretty cheap compared to the US! All take American $$.

I am so excited!!! Going to the Disney Outlet to see what fun stuff I can find! :cool1:

Laura

The FE list works great. Thanks for putting it together... now this is forcing me to look through Pinterest for ideas, because my notebook full of ideas is obviously not enough :surfweb: :hyper:

I don't mind at all. Go ahead...admit it...you just want to do more Disney stuff. LOL

Matyka Kulp (a member of our facebook group for this cruise) should be contacting you soon Carla to be added to the FE list for us. Also, I'll update Post #1 with a link to the mini FE list for easy access, or for any more people who join us to be able to find.

So is anyone here planning on doing any of the tastings that are offered? Last time they offered Beer, Wine, Tequila & Margarita, Mojito, Martini and I can't remember what else. I've read some posts that suggest they offer a Mixology and then a Champagne tasting, but I don't remember that, so I'm eager to see what all they offer when we are there.

Carla,

I would like to be added to the mini FE.
I've never done this beforehand annoy crafty, so not sure what in getting myself into. But my family loves Disney and meeting new people do thought it would be fun. Please let me know what info you need and a few tips about what I need to do. Thanks so much
Matyka

The FE list works great. Thanks for putting it together... now this is forcing me to look through Pinterest for ideas, because my notebook full of ideas is obviously not enough :surfweb: :hyper:

I think I spend more time looking for ideas than actually making them. It's just as fun!

So is anyone here planning on doing any of the tastings that are offered? Last time they offered Beer, Wine, Tequila & Margarita, Mojito, Martini and I can't remember what else. I've read some posts that suggest they offer a Mixology and then a Champagne tasting, but I don't remember that, so I'm eager to see what all they offer when we are there.

I don't know anything about this but it sounds like something we'd like. Do you have to sign up/pay a fee in advance or can we decide last minute and just show up

xmansmom said:
I don't mind at all. Go ahead...admit it...you just want to do more Disney stuff. LOL

Haha, you got me there! I am loving all the crafty fun we have going on around here, the prep for vacation is half the fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter