February 5, 2013 - M&M's Disney Magic 4 Night From Galveston

We signed up outside of Disney for the dolphinaris dolphin encounter....much less expensive...btw

Sounds like fun.. I kind of want to try a dolphin encounter but my fear of fish seems to be holding me back.. (i know.. weird...) :rolleyes2

We're from Arkansas and are planning on coming down and spending a night before and exploring some of Galveston. :moped:

Sounds like fun.. I kind of want to try a dolphin encounter but my fear of fish seems to be holding me back.. (i know.. weird...) :rolleyes2

We're from Arkansas and are planning on coming down and spending a night before and exploring some of Galveston. :moped:
You'll have fun exploring the island, I just hope our weather is better than it is now, to impress you. It's in the mid to high 50's for the most part and rainy and yuck this week. Thank you by the way! PMs working fine now. Once I get the info from everyone, I'll move the spreadsheet to google drive and link it here.

MrsPotatoHead425 said:
Yeah they would work great!! I went a "tad" overboard last time... i'm trying my best to have some self control and only put up "some" magnets.. I guess we'll see how I do once we get on board :upsidedow

Awesome! Well not the celiac disease, but awesome that you mentioned it.. I like knowing so I can know what to plan and do. ;)

There's no such thing as too many magnets! (former DISigner here!)

CorBBalter said:
And we hail from the smelly side of Houston...Pasadena, TX.
There's a smelly side of Houston? Didn't know that. ;)

CorBBalter said:
You'll have fun exploring the island, I just hope our weather is better than it is now, to impress you. It's in the mid to high 50's for the most part and rainy and yuck this week. Thank you by the way! PMs working fine now. Once I get the info from everyone, I'll move the spreadsheet to google drive and link it here.
What info are you collecting? I think I missed something. Back to reread.

cruisecrasher said:
There's no such thing as too many magnets! (former DISigner here!)

What info are you collecting? I think I missed something. Back to reread.

Never mind, I got it now.

I have lived all my life in Pasadena, TX. When I was growing up, it was nicknamed Stinkadena. Pasadena has two claims to fame. Urban Cowboy was filmed there, thus causing an explosion of popularity for Mickey Gilley's club, and the smell when you drive down hwy 225 between loop 610 and hwy 146. If you happen to make that drive with the windows down, the smell of the refineries lining the port side of the highway is overbearing and awful. (Heck, with the windows up, it's pretty darn awful too!) I can remember asking my dad when I was little why it always smelled like a giant fart over there and him telling me "Babygirl...that's the smell of money". :lmao:

For those FE people on Team Minnie, Amber Walker is personalizing your FE gifts and would like to know your family's last name (or whatever name you would like on your gift). Could you respond here and I'll get it to her? Thank you!!

I have lived all my life in Pasadena, TX. When I was growing up, it was nicknamed Stinkadena. Pasadena has two claims to fame. Urban Cowboy was filmed there, thus causing an explosion of popularity for Mickey Gilley's club, and the smell when you drive down hwy 225 between loop 610 and hwy 146. If you happen to make that drive with the windows down, the smell of the refineries lining the port side of the highway is overbearing and awful. (Heck, with the windows up, it's pretty darn awful too!) I can remember asking my dad when I was little why it always smelled like a giant fart over there and him telling me "Babygirl...that's the smell of money". :lmao:

You crack me up! :rotfl2: We are from League City! (For those of you not from Texas League City is south of Houston too...30 minutes from Galveston!) Since the paper mill closed the smell from Pasadena hasn't been bad.

I am so loving the DIS board. We are a family of four on our first Disney cruise and aready it is very different from our other cruises.

Jamieson and Laura, Maisie (9) and Mallorie (7). We are in stateroom 6512. Late dinner seating...hope this means we can still see all the shows!

For the past couple of years we have done Chankanaab Reef in Cozumel and we will probably do the same this time, unless it is raining. It is not an excursion through the cruise ship. We get off the boat, bypass everyone waiting for the tour, and go to the taxi line. The taxi for four people is around $10 to Chankanaab and takes 5 minutes. It is a park and you pay the entrance fee at the gate ($19 for adults with internet coupone and $13 for kids) You can buy a bigger package with all you can drink/eat, but we usually just bring cash and buy some drinks there. (We were there in July and they took $$ but always subject to change.

Maisie did the Dolphin Swim Adventure for $99 and it was awesome. You can check it out online. Basically we swim in the pool and snorkel at the beach. The blue water and the colorful fish are really cool. The pool is good because we learned you can take back a LOT of sand to your room if you don't watch out.

Any other ideas for Cozumel that are not ship excursions?? I thought about doing the ruins, but not sure what there is to see. The Tulum ruins are too long of a trip for my kids. The transport over there takes forever. I might be interested in the Cozumel ruins, but I love the blue water and fish so I don't want to take a chance if it isn't impressive!

Sorry for the long post!:rotfl:

Go to Casey's! It is a seafood place on the seawall next to Gaido's. Gaido's is a big name in Galveson and Casey's is the "little brother" and run by the same family. Casey's is a little cheaper ($13-$22) and is a little more casual. The view of the beach is great, but remember you are looking at brown water and sand!

Thanks heastonfam. I'm going to do something similar. What font did you use to make those?

Thanks for the info on the park at Cozumel. We are signed up for the Beach Break through Disney but really do not want to spend that much money since all we really want to do is let the kids enjoy an ocean and warm weather - being land locked in Wisconsin the kids have never seen an ocean and we will be leaving lots of snow and sub freezing temps - so unsure what to do at this point.

"Babygirl...that's the smell of money". :lmao:

I love your dad's take on it! I haven't heard it referred to as "Stinkadena" in a long time. I live in League City. I think there are a total of 3 families going from League City.

Two that I know of from cypress as well. My mom in law bro in law and his two children are going as well from cypress. They have a veranda room.

@ lmackay, you will still be able to see all the shows, we also have the late dining, just like we did last time. They do the show twice each night, so we'll go to the first show (while the people who have main dining are eating) and then about an hour in between show and dinner, and then we'll go eat (and the people who ate already will go to the second show) The shows are about 45 mins. long popcorn::

CorBBalter said:
Two that I know of from cypress as well. My mom in law bro in law and his two children are going as well from cypress. They have a veranda room.

Lots of locals. It's nice to live close enough to drive to the port. We saved tons on airfare.
We have a veranda room. Does that mean we'll have rooms near each other?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter