February 5, 2013 - M&M's Disney Magic 4 Night From Galveston

We're getting sooooo excited for our cruise on the Magic (and I'm quite possibly getting moderately obsessed)!! I feel like 'planning for the cruise' has become my new hobby. :)

Here are my questions:

1. What does DIS of the DISboard stand for? I'm assuming it's something more than just 'Disney' because I've seen you all refer to others as DISers, etc.
Actually it stands for....
Disney.
Sorry, I know, unoriginal, but it's true.

2. Are we able to request our dining room rotation order? If so, what do you think is the best rotation?
Yep, if you don't like your rotation, you can request to get it changed durinng the afternoon after you board in Rockin' Bar D. I'm not sure I'd mess with it though, usually they kind of sort out the rotations, so that they're age mates...most of the families with young kids in one rotation, while the families with teen-young adult kids in another, and so on. Not perfectly so, but enough that the room seems to blend well.

3. What are most people doing in Cozumel?
I'm hoping most people are getting off the ship to enjoy a beach or port adventure, so I can enjoy the Quiet Cove all to myself...:rotfl:

4. Do we have any ideas about the weather? Does it get pretty chilly in the evenings?
Hmmm...In November, it was chilly the first morning as we were heading into the gulf, and late the last evening on our way back...but the rest of the cruise was deliciously warm...running in shorts and a tank top on deck predawn was comfortable, not cold.

Last one, I promise...

5. How do we all meet one another &/or know we all were part of this Meet-up Thread? Should we plan some sort of meet-up for the sail-away party (of course, everything is optional).

I thought it would be fun if we all had matching rubber/silicone bracelets in a bright color (similar to those LiveStrong yellow ones) - that way we'd see each & recognize the bracelet as a sign we're from this Fish Exchange. Just an idea! Maybe I'll get those as part of my FE gift!
We've voted (pretty unanomously (I know that's spelled incorrectly) ) that we'll be splitting into two groups. I'll be getting the split version of the list out by next Friday. People are thinking maybe a meetup the before the muster drill. Around 3 or so. If you want to be the coordinator, I'd be glad to make sure everyone hears about it.
::yes::

-Kristi
::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

p.s. I'm not on Facebook, so I'm sure I'm missing out on quite a bit here

Sigh...Yes you're missing out a smidgeon. But not too much. Mostly new bie questions today, and me going oh, my goodness...
they published my article!!!
http://www.passporter.com/articles/making-most-small-living-space-disney-cruise.php
:faint:

good article, I am totally putting my kids' outfits into ziplooc bags for easy dressing...great tip!

@cruisecrasher: I loved your article - nice work! You sound like you are much more organized than I am. I may get on Facebook just to join you all. I set up an account for my son to play a game or something a while back...maybe I can log on under that. I'll send you a message directly... the name is something like HungerGamesClay.

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions. I don't know the ship well enough to pick a meeting spot...but someone pick the time & place and I'll be there with a bunch of containers of bubbles & hopefully bracelets for everyone!!

@cruisecrasher: I loved your article - nice work! You sound like you are much more organized than I am. I may get on Facebook just to join you all. I set up an account for my son to play a game or something a while back...maybe I can log on under that. I'll send you a message directly... the name is something like HungerGamesClay.

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions. I don't know the ship well enough to pick a meeting spot...but someone pick the time & place and I'll be there with a bunch of containers of bubbles & hopefully bracelets for everyone!!

Awesome! I just saw a post by Hunger Clay, that must be you.
:cool1:
You've made it to facebook!

ALLERGIES???

Have we been keeping track of allergies anywhere or can we? I almost bought some peanut M&Ms for an add in to the FE but didn't because I want to make sure we are all clear.

Alliebellemans said:
ALLERGIES???

Have we been keeping track of allergies anywhere or can we? I almost bought some peanut M&Ms for an add in to the FE but didn't because I want to make sure we are all clear.

Nope. And as someone with dairy allergies who is vegan, getting stuff I don't eat is no big deal. I just give them to someone else. Pay it forward style.

ALLERGIES???

My daughter does have peanut and dairy allergies, but like cruise crasher stated, we usually don't eat homemade goods and certainly not peanut M&M's. You don't have to worry, most people with true food allergies will know to avoid. Just don't sprinkle peanut dust on our FE. :rotfl2:

Also, to anyone who is keeping track - we got our room assignment - 2024. Yay! Getting close!

Thanks, Stephanie - your post sent me looking.

We are room #2646. I guess that makes us across the hall from Miss Daisy and connecting to 2648 (whoever those lucky people are lol)

Hello fellow cruisers! We were gifted this cruise at Christmas for myself, hubs, and our 6 year old daughter. Traveling with brother in law, mother in law and niece and nephew as well. Just discovered the boards today, and discovered this thread today. Just figured out what a FE is...and looks like we missed the deadline. Drat! Ah well, here's hoping we can still make new friends and enjoy our cruise.

Any tips for a first time cruiser?

CorBBalter said:
Hello fellow cruisers! We were gifted this cruise at Christmas for myself, hubs, and our 6 year old daughter. Traveling with brother in law, mother in law and niece and nephew as well. Just discovered the boards today, and discovered this thread today. Just figured out what a FE is...and looks like we missed the deadline. Drat! Ah well, here's hoping we can still make new friends and enjoy our cruise.

Read the FAQs! They helped a lot. I'd get Passporter's Guide to Disney Cruise, it's great for a first time cruiser.

And you won't be able to do everything, so relax and enjoy!

Welcome aboard. We are 1st time cruisers and the cruise was also a Christmas Gift from my FIL -though he gave it to us back in Sept - It is myself my daughter my granddaughters 5 and 3 and my daughter in law and granddaughter 12, and grandsons 9 and 5.
I am sure you can still join us on FB there are a lot of 1st timers in our group and a lot of questions being answered by the more experienced ones in our group.

FE Teams (AKA, splitting the list)
available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgNDLcYGZ6H0dDhSR1RfZEducnhxYUFEYVJZcF9HUEE

Or below:
Mickey
tdbdolphin 2006 Jason, Tracy, DD Shelby Rae-2
2630 Jane, Jim, Cooper (DS7), Kara (DD6)
t4w 2646 Tom, Tracy, DS9, DS7
krissy2803 5133 Krissy & Veronica
fyermedik75 6034 Randy, Denise, Camden - 4, Dasha - 2
gamax7 (room 2) 6047 DDIL Debie, DGD12 Tailor, DGS9 Adison, DGS5 Gideon
gamax7 6049 Sue, DD Christina, DGD5 Felicity, DGD3 Cassidy
gigismama 6112 Jennifer, Christian, DS7 Cooper, DD3 Grace
friend of Heastons 6534 Ross Family-Jack, Caryn, DS13 Jackson, DD10 Caytie
Goofysrus 7003 Debbie, DHTerry
nhrmomma 8014 Nicole , DH-Paul, DD Julia-15, DD Lauren-12 , DS Quinn-12
8546 Allison, Uncle, DD Audrey-5

Minnie
wdw_monster 1030 Christina and DH big Jon
wdw_monster 1032 Bro Matthew-21 Sis Cathy -24 Bro Jon-16
Stephandy03 2024 Stephanie, Andy, DS6 Tyler, DD3 Isabella PEANUT ALLERGY
friend of Heastons 2075 Walkers-Amber DH Cortney, DD Kaydra (9), DD Brooklyn (7), DS Drake (5), DS Deklin (3)
CruiseCrasher 2543 Lori & Ben
mommy2allgirls 2631 Chris & Casey
friend of Heastons 2638, 2640 McWhorters-DeAnn, Brian, GM Debbie, DD13 Brianna, DS6 Brian DS8 Ben DD 18m Braelynn
MissDaisyofTexas 2645 Brian & Nancy, MIL - Pat, DS8 Nathan, DS5 Joshua, DD2 Alyssa
texastraubs 6510 Grandma Lee, Joepa and DS13 Clay
texastraubs 6550 Kristi Mark DD8 Mallory, DS11 Jared
heastonfarm 8074 Mandy-BIRTHDAY, Dan, DD9 Cadence, DD8 Cami, DD5 Holly
TOTALS 0

We just booked today and were disappointed to miss the FE deadline. Would you be interested in forming our own mini FE group? I know of another family who is also interested. I've heard so much about FEs and I have so many ideas. Say yes, say yes! :laughing:

We just booked today and were disappointed to miss the FE deadline. Would you be interested in forming our own mini FE group? I know of another family who is also interested. I've heard so much about FEs and I have so many ideas. Say yes, say yes! :laughing:

Welcome aboard!! :thumbsup2 We're getting closer!!! :hyper:

FE's do cause some major brain storming... that is my problem.. I have too many ideas and not enough time/money to do everything I want too (of course surfing the FE Gift Ideas threads and Pinterest only makes it worse... but it's a guilty pleasure of mine....:bitelip:)

DH has already informed me that on this cruise I may need to take my magnets down a notch.. even our stateroom host last time made a comment that we *may* have had to many last time since he, and we, and everyone kept knocking them off last time...

Is it possible to have too much Disney? I don't think so! I'm always happy to meet a fellow Disney overachiever.

FE's do cause some major brain storming... that is my problem.. I have too many ideas and not enough time/money to do everything I want too (of course surfing the FE Gift Ideas threads and Pinterest only makes it worse... but it's a guilty pleasure of mine....:bitelip:)

I think we have a lot in common. I have a million ideas and want to do them all. Sadly, at some point I have to come back to reality. :) I've never looked for FE's on Pinterest. You should NOT have told me that. LOL

I'd be quite happy to do a mini group...who else is involved?

If you haven't made a countdown chain yet for the cruise, I made a 28-day one that you are welcome to print and use.
Simply print the first 4 pages, then flip them over and print the last 4 pages on the back side (this is optional, it's just fun Disney facts).
Then cut on the dotted lines and make your paper chain! have fun!

Here is the link to the file: http://ow.ly/gEueF

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter