February 3rd, 2011: 3-NIGHT DREAM CRUISE (lots of pics!) - COMPLETED 3/3!

:)

Great report!! Keep it up. Can't wait to see more especially excited about Castaway Cay.:banana: Pictures are awesome. The room you have, we missed on getting for our cruise. Instead we have two rooms like that facing the front of the ship. We will know if we hit something head on:scared1:

I am loving your very detailed trip report and pictures. I see you are going on the Eastbound transatlantic in a few months, will you do a report for that cruise? Karyn

Thank you for your trip report...can't wait til August to see it in person!! All of your pictures are great! :thumbsup2

Thank you to everyone for your kind words, compliments, and comments! I enjoy reading all of them! :)

This is great. Is the towel animal an shark?

That's what we were thinking :)

I am loving your very detailed trip report and pictures. I see you are going on the Eastbound transatlantic in a few months, will you do a report for that cruise? Karyn

Very good question, haha. It is my *hope* to do a trip report for that one. :)

Great report! I am so excited to see Jack Sparrow on pirate night! Do you know if he sticks around for pictures after the show?

Just wanted to add my thanks as well! We couldn't stand the temptation so booked a 3 night over Memorial Day weekend. I do have a coupel questions though..

How late did the Aqua Duck stay open at night? How early did it open in the morning?

Were there two Pirates in the Caribbean parties or just one?

We booked a Category B cabin (all that was available) and read they were the only cabins with the round shower, but I see this is not the case. Do you know which categories have round vs rectangluar tub showers?

Thansk again!

Can't wait for your Castaway Cay photos!

Thanks! Unfortunately, I didn't take that many photos (as we already have PLENTY, and we didn't spend that much time on the island). Maybe I can share some of my Castaway photos from my December or January cruise to help supplement...

Great report! I am so excited to see Jack Sparrow on pirate night! Do you know if he sticks around for pictures after the show?

I'm honestly not sure...I'm thinking he doesn't. It didn't say he was doing appearances in the Navigator. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2651600)

Absolutely fantastic post, thank you for all the pics and info!

You are most welcome! :)

Just wanted to add my thanks as well! We couldn't stand the temptation so booked a 3 night over Memorial Day weekend. I do have a coupel questions though..

How late did the Aqua Duck stay open at night? How early did it open in the morning?

Were there two Pirates in the Caribbean parties or just one?

We booked a Category B cabin (all that was available) and read they were the only cabins with the round shower, but I see this is not the case. Do you know which categories have round vs rectangluar tub showers?

Thansk again!

You're welcome! Did you look through the Navigators I posted a link to (in the first post)? Here's the link again: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2651600 . That includes answers to some of your questions, especially the AquaDuck one (the hours are listed on the last page of each day). Regarding the Pirates parties, there's "Mickey's Pirates in the Caribbean" at 8:00pm, "Buccaneer Blast" (fireworks) at 10:30pm, and "Club Pirate" immediately following the fireworks.

Regarding the stateroom question, I'm not sure what you're asking. There's no category listed as just "B", but there are categories with "B" in it (4B, 5B, 6B, 8B, 9B, 11B). From the info on this site, it appears the categories that list "Family" in the title include round tub showers. So, that would be Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (V), Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (4A-4D), and Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom (8A-8D).

Hope this helps!

I'm currently working on Day 3 and hope to have the first part posted by tomorrow evening! :)

). Regarding the Pirates parties, there's "Mickey's Pirates in the Caribbean" at 8:00pm, "Buccaneer Blast" (fireworks) at 10:30pm, and "Club Pirate" immediately following the fireworks.

Regarding the stateroom question, I'm not sure what you're asking. There's no category listed as just "B", but there are categories with "B" in it (4B, 5B, 6B, 8B, 9B, 11B).

Thanks for the response! Sorry, I fat fingered that category, should have been 4. I didn't realize there were "family" cabins in more than one category.

With pirate night, I was wondering if everyone would be able to see the Pirates in the Caribbean party between the 2 dinner times and 3 show times (or is the Pirate party the show for the night)?

With pirate night, I was wondering if everyone would be able to see the Pirates in the Caribbean party between the 2 dinner times and 3 show times (or is the Pirate party the show for the night)?

For the 3-night cruises, "Villains Tonight" is shown on "Pirate Night". As you read from my report, we saw "Villains Tonight" at 5:00pm, "Mickey's Pirates in the Caribbean" at 8:00pm, ate dinner at 8:30pm (second seating), "Buccaneer Blast" at 10:30pm, then "Club Pirate" right after that. I feel the times for these events are scheduled in a way that EVERYONE (regardless of their seating or show time) can see EVERYTHING. If you try and do everything like we did, it's definitely crazy. Lots of running around. But it's definitely doable. If you notice in the Navigators I posted, those scheduled for the middle show (7:00) have a show time of 6:45 on this night instead. That allows you to make it to "Mickey's Pirates in the Caribbean" at 8:00. If the show time was at 7:00, you might miss some of it. See! They think of everything! :)

Wonderful details and pictures. A couple of questions about Pirate night.

1) How long does the Villians show last aproximately? We have the 9pm showing but I want to make sure we are up to get good spots for the fireworks show.

2) There are two pirate shows. Which did you think was better, and would the first one be better for kids (ages 7-10)?

3) Where would you recommend for prime spots for the fireworks and show?

Thanks a bunch for all of the hard work you are putting into this report. It is amazing!

Karla

Thank you for such a great trip report. This has really helped in my planning for our May trip.

Quick questions:

*Do the shows only last 1 hour. I am assuming so since we have 5pm show and 6pm dinner but I just wanted to check.

*I know you wrote that you were at the theater at 4:30pm to get "your" seats :) but what time do you think is a reasonable time to get there and still get a decent seat. (We made the mistake of being minutes before the show once and had horrible seats - way too close)

* Were the wings found inside a restaurant at the clubs?

Thank you again. I am eager to read more!

1) How long does the Villians show last aproximately? We have the 9pm showing but I want to make sure we are up to get good spots for the fireworks show.

2) There are two pirate shows. Which did you think was better, and would the first one be better for kids (ages 7-10)?

Thanks a bunch for all of the hard work you are putting into this report. It is amazing!

Karla

I think I have read that most shows are about an hour. I have also heard that the firt pirate show is for kids, while the 2nd is more just the fireworks and kind of a dance party after. nothing really great happening (except for fireworks of course)

First of all, sorry for the lack of updating! I came down with a cold and I'm just now starting to get better...it is my hope to have another installment by the end of the day! In the meantime, let me answer some questions! :) (And thanks to jenseib for helping with some of the questions!)

Karla

Hi Karla! jenseib pretty much answered your questions, but I'll give my responses as well. ;)

1) All the shows last approximately 1 hour. It all depends on what time they actually start, and how much the Cruise Director talks before and after. We got upstairs at around 10:00 and had pretty much our choice of location for our fireworks viewing pleasure.

2) Both Pirate shows were great in their own way. The first one at 8:00 ("Mickey's Pirates in the Caribbean") is geared more towards kids/families. "Club Pirate" after the fireworks is darker and geared more towards older kids/adults.

3) Regarding a prime spot, it really all depends on your taste. We always go up to the top deck to look "down" on all the action. The fireworks are shot off from the port side, so it depends on how close you want to be. We typically stand on the port side on the upper deck but know that it will involve a lot of tilting you're head back to see the fireworks since they're so close.

Thank you for such a great trip report. This has really helped in my planning for our May trip.

Quick questions:

*Do the shows only last 1 hour. I am assuming so since we have 5pm show and 6pm dinner but I just wanted to check.

*I know you wrote that you were at the theater at 4:30pm to get "your" seats :) but what time do you think is a reasonable time to get there and still get a decent seat. (We made the mistake of being minutes before the show once and had horrible seats - way too close)

* Were the wings found inside a restaurant at the clubs?

Thank you again. I am eager to read more!

Yep! The shows pretty much last an hour...see above for a more info.

I say if you're there about 15 minutes early for the show, you should be good.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your trip report! LOVE the pictures! :love:

Thank you! I appreciate that!

First of all, sorry for the lack of updating! I came down with a cold and I'm just now starting to get better...it is my hope to have another installment by the end of the day! In the meantime, let me answer some questions! :) (And thanks to jenseib for helping with some of the questions!)

Hope you are feeling better! We are anxiously awaiting the next installment! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter