February 27, 2011 - 4 Night on the Disney Dream!

Well, I'm excited!!! I purcahsed one-way airfare today to get to this cruise! I know I'm buying really early, but with it being a school vacation week here, I find it is usually better to buy early. I saw Delta had a NS Boston to MCO for $124, so I decided to go ahead (we paid about $310 for r/t Manchester to MCO this February) and hope I can get a similar deal on the other leg once it is released.

I booked an evening flight on Friday, 2/25. We will stay at AKL Friday and Saturday nights and then to the Dream on Sunday! We have park tickets, so I figured we might as well spend Saturday at a park before the cruise.

Ive got our PHX-MCO tickets already.........

My DH was fiddling around on united.com because we are doing the cruise and staying a total of 10 days at the parks plus 4 nights on the Dream. So he was playing around putting in some different ideas of airfares and one popped up for us leaving on February 24th from Santa Barbara to LA and than onto Orlando for 271.00 per person for a round trip ticket. Our total with taxes and everything 669.00 got out airfare. Needless to say be booked it right than and there. We budgeted a 1000.00 and we saved a little over 340.00 Which is awesome!!1 :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Wow our cruise is slow posting this month!! It will pick up the closer we get! So I went to the Dr. and had my ultrasound and everything is fine! We for sure have a very active baby with a heart and 2 legs and 2 arms:thumbsup2 So I feel so much better. We are 4 months today and we told our boys and they are very excited too. My youngest asked us "if the baby will know Mickey mouse too?" And we told our families and found out my SIL is also having a baby but she is only 6 weeks so it was a week full of surprises. We still don't know what the baby is but with my history of boys I'm sure this one will probably be one too.
Thanks for letting me spill my news with all of you and thanks for all the kind thoughts :hug: Hope everyone has a good week!!
April

Wow our cruise is slow posting this month!! It will pick up the closer we get! So I went to the Dr. and had my ultrasound and everything is fine! We for sure have a very active baby with a heart and 2 legs and 2 arms:thumbsup2 So I feel so much better. We are 4 months today and we told our boys and they are very excited too. My youngest asked us "if the baby will know Mickey mouse too?" And we told our families and found out my SIL is also having a baby but she is only 6 weeks so it was a week full of surprises. We still don't know what the baby is but with my history of boys I'm sure this one will probably be one too.
Thanks for letting me spill my news with all of you and thanks for all the kind thoughts :hug: Hope everyone has a good week!!
April

That is good news! I'm glad to hear the little one's just fine:)

luvmyredheadboys Great News!

Blanche_Neige So sorry you have to cancel. So disappointing...pirate:

My DH just called his vacation request was denied :mad:

I have to cancel our cruise :sad:

That stinks :headache:! You must rebook when he can get off and enjoy the Dream! Best of luck!

April
A huge sigh of relief and continued good thoughts your way for a safe and uneventful pregnancy! :cloud9:

Does anyone have any DD's who will be 13 on our next cruise? Maddie will be 13 , well one month away from 14 when we cruise next and I thought it would be nice if she could get to know someone her age before we go. That way she won't be so nervous about meeting new friends;)

Hello! We will be joining you (and the March 3rd cruise)! This is going to be my DD's 16th birthday gift - it will be:

Me - Krisann
DH - Ashley
DD - Ashlyn (15 on this cruise - 16 on the March 3rd)
DS - Aaron (13)
MIL - Jeanette

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Krisann

As I was getting ready to book this, I got to wondering if anyone got a 'stateroom credit' from their Travel Agent?

I wasn't sure if all the agents are the same. I understand that the travel agents will transfer the booking if you booked through Disney, but what is the 'best' option for room credit or stuff like that.

Probably a dumb question....but I wasn't sure.:confused3

TIA, cortegro

I think it would be great to link up some kids on here. My daughter will be 8 when we sail and my son will be 12. Does anyone have kids simular ages, that would be interested in getting to know each other before we sail. I think it would be so fun for them to have friend(s) on board. They could exchange emails and letters.

DD Rogan will be celebrating her 7 1/2 birthday while we cruise, she'll be in the 2nd grade , she loves reading and American Girl dolls. Maddie will be 13 and exactly 2mo away from 14 while on the cruise she will be in the 8th grade.Maddie is a cheerleader and loves clothes and school.Just let me know if anyone has girls who want to email/write:) I think this would be good for them to get to know someone before we go.Maybe they could start their own thread?

We need to get a post going with the rooms we can all go by and look at......

Cookie I have a son who will be 12 when we cruise and another son who will be 8.
They are so excited about going!!
We had horrible storms and tornados last night:scared1: It was real bad!! It is all over the news about Oklahoma and the homes that are distroyed and lives lost. We have a basement and it was FULL last night! Thankfully we didn't get it near as bad as some did. We mostly got wind damage here but it was a scary night! All 3 of my boys slept together and we woke up with 2 in our bed :hug:
I hate this time of year here! You can never predict the weather in OK. I am very thankful we have a finished basement tho that we can go to and be safe. Hope everyone is haveing a safe happy day!!
April

OK, I will keep updating this post so that we have the rooms we want to look at in one place.

How are we going to tour the rooms if we open ours to each other?... Someone has to stay there to let everyone in! Im thinking we should all get together and go from room to room as a group.

Say 3P to 4P ??

Rooms for tour:

1BR Suite - 12506
1BR Suite - 12000

OK, I will keep updating this post so that we have the rooms we want to look at in one place.

Im thinking we should all get together and go from room to room as a group.

Yep, that is what I was thinking. We have one central meeting location and we move as a group from one room to the next. That way, we avoid anyone being forced to stay back to play "hostess" and missing the other rooms. It does mean the hall and room may be a bit crowded, but it is the best way for all to see!

I am game for any time that allows me to eat, be at muster and sailaway!
Drinking can be done along the way! :)

Ours is another 1 bedroom, totally different location though, so ours is open as well, if it is desired to be seen. 12000.

I don't know about 3pm-4pm time frame, the boat drill is scheduled for 4. Maybe it should be 2:30-3:30 to give us all time to get our jackets on and get our families to the drill:) I'm in for the room tours ,sounds like fun :cool1: Here's our #8029

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter