February 27, 2010 Eastern Cruise on the Magic

Yay! I'm so excited there is only 16 Friday's until our cruise!

We are going to be pirates this year for Halloween in order to get double use of the costumes when we use them on the cruise!

I have everything all planned and have bought all the stuff. We went to Value Village last night and got my husband a shirt and shorts and then to a fabric store to buy fabric to make a waist sash for him and a head band thing for me. I bought WAY too much fabric though. It was near closing and no one was helping me decide what we really needed.

I did see men's pirate costumes for $17 at Value if any Canadians area thinking of going there. We just didn't want "full out" pirate costumes. We will still look like pirates but more casual.

Does anyone else have their pirate night outfits, semi formal and formal already planned and if so tell us about all your outfits!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

we have a halloween discounter in our city
went on friday night . i got 2 buckoneer hats 2 heavy chains and an eye patch for my son. next stop fabricville to get material for headbands . were coming from canada also. how are we going to get this all there ill have to fighure out later but i figure i can stuff the hats with socks to keep them from being wrecked. we arent going full out either do to luggage but were making an effort. this is so fun cant believe how fast its coming keep posting pirate ideas.

We just booked. Husband wife and our DD will be 12 on the cruise. We are staying at the Hyatt the night before as we arrive after midnight. We were on the Magic 5 years ago and cannot wait to return.

we just booked. Husband wife and our dd will be 12 on the cruise. We are staying at the hyatt the night before as we arrive after midnight. We were on the magic 5 years ago and cannot wait to return.

welcome fellow canadian!!!!

I find it so strange that so many Canadians will be on this cruise. It's not like we all got a special Canadian discount or anything. Still, it's neat.

Can anyone confirm for me what our excursion booking date is? I had worked it out but want to make sure! They take reservations for excursions through the DCL website even if we didn't book directly w/ DCL correct? I am hoping to get online at midnight eastern time the night we can book and get it done. I only want to book 1 thing right now so I hope I can get it!

Hi everyone! We are planning on being on this cruise with all of you! We are in the process of booking but it is already quite full. I'm going to keep calling til I can find the rooms we want. There are 6 adults traveling (all family) from Erie, PA. I will post again once we finally book. We're very excited! And we will definitely be interested in participating in the fish extender exchange!

I wish I had a magic wand so that 2 cabins will be open for us next to each other!!! :wizard:

::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Can anyone confirm for me what our excursion booking date is? I had worked it out but want to make sure! They take reservations for excursions through the DCL website even if we didn't book directly w/ DCL correct? I am hoping to get online at midnight eastern time the night we can book and get it done. I only want to book 1 thing right now so I hope I can get it!

The last time I talked with DCL about my reservation I got two dates. I am a silver castaway club member.

November 29th (90 days) is when castaway club members can book spa and excursions (assuming you are paid in full).

December 14th (75 days) is when you have to pay the balance for your cruise, and non-castaway club members can book spa and excursions.

As for booking when using a TA, I cannot tell you anything useful. A while ago there was a thread from someone that used a TA, and the TA held the final payment instead of forwarding it to DCL. This prevented the poster from booking anything until the TA actually sent the payment (which they refused to do). They were very upset about it.

Hope you get on ErieCruiser. :)

Okay, I am going to make sure I pay 2 weeks prior to my 75 days. Then I am going to triple-check to make sure my payments have gone through. (From my ta.)

Then, on midnight eastern time (Dec. 13) I can log onto DCL website and book my excursion!

Hi everyone!
We are onboard!!! We went through Dreams Unlimited to book since we got a nice OBC offer. And if anyone is interested--they were WONDERFUL to work with! Very knowledgeable and helpful!:)

Like I said before, there are 6 of us going:
Stateroom1: Amy (me) and Chris, (both will be 28 at time of sailing)
Stateroom2: Larry (53), Debbie (49), Greg (25), Bethany (19)

My DH and I have cruised with DCL once before and finally were able to talk my parents into it!!! So the whole family will be going!!:yay:

Also--we are all interested in participating in a fish extender exchange! If we can find anyone to be in charge of it:-)

We are onboard!!!

Welcome, glad to see you all could get booked!

Side question for the group?

So, for us first timers, when exactly can we book stuff, such as palo, massages, excursion, etc? Anyone have the exact day on hand?

I hope all is well with everyone, happy fall!

DH

:surfweb:

YoHo all you pirates ! pirate: We are excited to say we'll be joining you on this magical voyage !

Bruce & Gina McGrory 6142
Cindy McGrory , Bruce's sister 6140

2nd Seating

We are DVC members and have sailed 6 times with DCL . Will be on the Sept 8,2010 Med Cruise. No kids this cruise, just us "big kids".

Count us in on the Fish Extender !

We'll be flying in the night before and staying at the Orlando Airport Hyatt with DCL transfers.

Looking forward to Orient Beach in St Martin...our favorite place to relax !
Not sure about St Thomas. We've been there before. I saw where the Mountain Top burned down. :sad2:

Very excited to be cruising on Disney. We have been on other lines and they just don't measure up !!! I can taste that Palo Brunch now !!:cheer2:

What excursions is everyone looking at? We have 2 boys ages 6 and 8... For those of you that have booked before...How many of the animal excursions is worth the $? Swimming with the dolphins? What excursions should we stay away from?

How is the pirate party? Does everyone dress up?

We did the Dolphin Encounter last summer in Nassau with our 3 Grandaughters and we all loved being in the water with the dolphins. It was not a long time, as the whole group gets a turn, but when others are doing it you're sitting on the dock with your feet in the water.

Most everyone dresses up for the Pirate Party, some more than others. It's alot of fun ! Very festive on deck with the band and the characters dressed up.Fireworks, too.:yay:

SamKat-on page 6 your question is answered because I asked it the other day!

This is exciting, more people! more posts! Hurray!

Tons of people dress up for the pirate party! Last year, we were pirates for Halloween so we used those costumes--it was so much fun! We were actually surprised at how many people were dressed up in full pirate attire:-)

scrapycruiser--do you cruise using your DVC points? Last year when we were on the Magic, they were offering some great incentives to join, however, we didnt expect to and didnt have our financing in order at the time. This cruise we are hoping to be able to finally take the plunge and become DVC members ourselves! We've been saving for a while for it! Do you like DVC?
:flower3:

We are planning to be pirates for halloween too so that we can get double use out of our costumes!

As for excursions, I am only booking one for St. Thomas through DCL. I have one seperate excursion booked for St. Marteen and plan on relaxing on the beach at CC. :D

We don't have kids so I can't help in the area of booking excursions with children.

Since more people are onboard does anyone new want to organize the fish extenders? Hmmmmmmmmm????

Hi everyone!
We are the other people traveling with ErieCruiser08. I thought I would join the boards too!
Definitely count us in for the fish extender exchange! This is our first Disney cruise--and our first cruise ever!
I'm looking forward to reading the boards to find out all we need to know about our vacation!
Can't wait til our cruise!!!
:cool1:

really late this time....but....

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 Fridays til our cruise!!!

hi everyone!
We are onboard!!! We went through dreams unlimited to book since we got a nice obc offer. And if anyone is interested--they were wonderful to work with! Very knowledgeable and helpful!:)

like i said before, there are 6 of us going:
Stateroom1: Amy (me) and chris, (both will be 28 at time of sailing)
stateroom2: Larry (53), debbie (49), greg (25), bethany (19)

my dh and i have cruised with dcl once before and finally were able to talk my parents into it!!! So the whole family will be going!!:yay:

Also--we are all interested in participating in a fish extender exchange! If we can find anyone to be in charge of it:-)

yoho all you pirates ! Pirate: We are excited to say we'll be joining you on this magical voyage !

Bruce & gina mcgrory 6142
cindy mcgrory , bruce's sister 6140

2nd seating

we are dvc members and have sailed 6 times with dcl . Will be on the sept 8,2010 med cruise. No kids this cruise, just us "big kids".

Count us in on the fish extender !

We'll be flying in the night before and staying at the orlando airport hyatt with dcl transfers.

Looking forward to orient beach in st martin...our favorite place to relax !
Not sure about st thomas. We've been there before. I saw where the mountain top burned down. :sad2:

Very excited to be cruising on disney. We have been on other lines and they just don't measure up !!! I can taste that palo brunch now !!:cheer2:

hi everyone!
We are the other people traveling with eriecruiser08. I thought i would join the boards too!
Definitely count us in for the fish extender exchange! This is our first disney cruise--and our first cruise ever!
I'm looking forward to reading the boards to find out all we need to know about our vacation!
Can't wait til our cruise!!!
:cool1:

howdy to all our new cruising mates!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter