February 27, 2010 Eastern Cruise on the Magic

If anyone is interested here is the link to our video from our last cruise. The large group photos were taken at our disboard cruise meets.

The video is about 18 minutes long, so depending on your connection speed it may take a moment to download.

http://gallery.mac.com/czachorski#100099

Our door signs were made for us by a fellow disboarder, and for name-tags we all used the green mickey head paint chips from home depot.

As far as excursions go my husband and father are probably going to do the regatta race in St. Marteen (they have done this one before, and enjoyed it) and DH and DD(9) will be doing a snorkeling excursion in St. Thomas. I think Sea turtles, but I'm not sure. DH likes to book all excursions thru Disney, because he just can't relax thinking that the ship might leave without him if he gets back late from a non Disney excursion.

Anyway, enjoy the video, let me know what you think!

a little late.....but still is valid.
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Fridays til our cruise!!!

:confused3 Doesn't anyone who has been on more than one cruise and knows about FE's want to organize it?

Pretty please? I think it would make the cruise so much fun. :lovestruc

The video is about 18 minutes long, so depending on your connection speed it may take a moment to download.

Awesome Video!! It had me so pumped to go. What a great family you have there. My girls, saw your girls and became so excited to go. DD6 and DD8 would love to hang out with yours, not sure on the age difference.

Thanks for the info on the excursions...

WE ARE GETTING CLOSER!!!!

DH

:surfweb:

:confused3 Doesn't anyone who has been on more than one cruise and knows about FE's want to organize it?

Pretty please? I think it would make the cruise so much fun. :lovestruc

AUSTIN77, you interested in being the FE god or goddess?????

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17 Fridays til our cruise!!!

Awesome Video!! It had me so pumped to go. What a great family you have there. My girls, saw your girls and became so excited to go. DD6 and DD8 would love to hang out with yours, not sure on the age difference.

Thanks for the info on the excursions...

WE ARE GETTING CLOSER!!!!

DH

Glad you enjoyed it! My DH has started replaying our old cruise videos to get us in the mood :cool1:

My girls wil be 12 and 9 when we cruise. They are always looking for buddies to hang out with. My 9 yo would probably like to email with your 8 yo, if you let her do that.

I have never done FE before, so I'm not a lot of help with the planning. We have done gift bags before, but I'm up for participating in FE's if someone else is interested in organizing it...

We need more action on this thread!!!!! When are people planning to arrive in Florida? Any pre or post WDW trips for anyone?

We are flying into Orlando on the 23rd, staying at AKL for four nights, three days in the parks. There is now ten of us coming from Northern California.

Since we are first timers, i would prefer someone else to run the FE..Since I have a minute idea of how it works...Also, no one has talked about a DIS meet and greet aboard..I am sure it will happen, from what I read, looks like most people have it on the first afternoon aboard.

Our plans as of now is to go swimming first thing after we board....

Feiste, I'll mention your idea to Sam and let ya know, I already know what the answer is though, ill pm you after we talk..

DH

Hello! Yes! More action on the thread.
We are also coming down the day (early evening) before and then going to port the next day. We are leaving RIGHT after the cruise, like, we'll be off the ship when the doors open b/c we can't afford more time away. I am thankful for what we do get though. :thumbsup2
I am really excited since we've never cruised before and I also am dreaming of the virgin islands as well.

We arrive on the 23rd and are at WDW on the 24th and 25th. We have a condo rented as we have a gaggle of people with us.
We are driving straight from Ontario, Canada. Should be about a 23 - 24 hour drive, so we are taking the 23rd to rest and, of course, shop.:thumbsup2
After we get off the ship, we usually head to Downtown Disney, but I dont think we will this time. We have to get back, so, we will be heading straight back, another 23 - 24 hour drive....but it is all worth it when you visit the Mouse, especially when it is on his boat!!!!

Since the cruise date is getting closer I thought I would check this board. Wow, quite a bit of activity.

My wife and I have been planning this cruise for over a year now. We started so early we had to book a place holder cruise for December and then switch it. We booked on our last cruise to get the 10% discount.

Our schedule is:

Thursday, My wife completes the Massachusetts Bar Exam
Friday, Get on a plane to Disney World, staying in Pop Century
Saturday to Saturday, the Cruise :dance3:
Saturday to Thursday, Visit WDW staying at Saratoga Springs
Friday, Pick up our son at college for spring break.

A pretty tight schedule.

So for statistics purposes, this is our 4th disney cruise. It will be myself (Rand), my wife (Michele) and her sister (Vieva). Vieva may bring someone else.

A side note. Since I setup the reservations for planes, DVC and the cruise on my own I had to buy my own trip insurance. If you did not do everything through Disney Cruise Lines you should make sure your trip insurance will get you to the ship if there are any weather delays. If you made your own plane reservations, the DCL trip insurance will not do this.

We are driving down as well. From Michigan it will take us about 18 hours. Staying in Orlando Friday night. I am a little obsessed about arriving to the port early It drives my family crazy, but they indulge me :thumbsup2

We will head straight back to Michigan from the port the following Saturday.

We arrive on the 23rd and are at WDW on the 24th and 25th. We have a condo rented as we have a gaggle of people with us.
We are driving straight from Ontario, Canada. Should be about a 23 - 24 hour drive, so we are taking the 23rd to rest and, of course, shop.:thumbsup2
After we get off the ship, we usually head to Downtown Disney, but I dont think we will this time. We have to get back, so, we will be heading straight back, another 23 - 24 hour drive....but it is all worth it when you visit the Mouse, especially when it is on his boat!!!!

Since the cruise date is getting closer I thought I would check this board. Wow, quite a bit of activity.

So for statistics purposes, this is our 4th disney cruise. It will be myself (Rand), my wife (Michele) and her sister (Vieva). Vieva may bring someone else.

This will be our 4th 7th day cruise as well. We did do one three day, but it was so fast it hardly counts! This will actually be our third Eastern. I prefer it for the extra day at sea, and I didn't really care for Key West that much. What other Dis cruises have you been on?

This will be our 4th 7th day cruise as well. We did do one three day, but it was so fast it hardly counts! This will actually be our third Eastern. I prefer it for the extra day at sea, and I didn't really care for Key West that much. What other Dis cruises have you been on?

We have done a 3 day, a 4 day double dip, and the 7 day western.

I have had more than my fill of Nassau. So I am looking forward to the new (to me) ports.

We have done a 3 day, a 4 day double dip, and the 7 day western.

I have had more than my fill of Nassau. So I am looking forward to the new (to me) ports.

WELCOME rahrah, nice to have you aboard. Yes, we have sailed 4 times, 3 times to Nassau. So we are the same.....Nassau, eeeehhh.:thumbsup2

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 Fridays til our cruise!!!

Yay! I'm so excited there is only 16 Friday's until our cruise!

We are going to be pirates this year for Halloween in order to get double use of the costumes when we use them on the cruise!

I have everything all planned and have bought all the stuff. We went to Value Village last night and got my husband a shirt and shorts and then to a fabric store to buy fabric to make a waist sash for him and a head band thing for me. I bought WAY too much fabric though. It was near closing and no one was helping me decide what we really needed.

I did see men's pirate costumes for $17 at Value if any Canadians area thinking of going there. We just didn't want "full out" pirate costumes. We will still look like pirates but more casual.

Does anyone else have their pirate night outfits, semi formal and formal already planned and if so tell us about all your outfits!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter