February 27, 2010 Eastern Cruise on the Magic

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by donaldsgal, Mar 22, 2009.

1. seashell724

seashell724 DIS Veteran

Most of the bags are heavy and by the door already waiting to go. :) Yee haw!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. scrapycruiser

scrapycruiser DIS Veteran

Everything packed ,too ! But I'll have to wait for my husband to put them by the door. Too heavy !! He doesn't understand why I need 1 bag just for non-clothing items !:rotfl2:

My doggies will go to the kennel this evening, we'll watch Am Idol, go to bed then 11AM we'll fly out of here !!! :cheer2:

I'll have a Mickey nametag on w/ green ribbon for DisGroup ! :yay::yay::yay:

4. seashell724

seashell724 DIS Veteran

Good to know Scrappy! We are driving half way to our airport tonight!
    See you soon!

5. seashell724

seashell724 DIS Veteran

ACK!
    Did anyone bring extra zip ties for their FE? I forgot ours and I really wanted to keep ours safe. If you do have extra could we please use one?
    thanks! See you all soon!

6. peanutgirl

peanutgirl DIS Veteran

Leaving for airport in an hour. It looks like we will miss our connection and probably not make the boat. You never know but it does not look good. Hope you all have a great trip. Maybe will will just go to Disney world for the week.

7. peanutgirl

peanutgirl DIS Veteran

Home from airport. Flight never went. They cannot get us to the boat so we have decided to cancel. We hope you all have a great time. Kristeen is very sad not to meet Audrey, tell her that FIESTE. It has been fun

8. feiste

feiste DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh!!!! We are so sad! We will miss you. Tell kristeen that audrey will miss her every moment of the cruise! If she sends her an email it will go to audreys phone, and she will email her back this afternoon.

9. baci

baci Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone, we had a blast !! What a wonderful time. Isabella cried when we left.

Question, this morning she woke up at 4AM and threw up, she got sick 1 more time and we called and they sent up dramamine and pedilight -which didnt agree with her.

Curious if anyone else has a sick little one. The dramamine sure worked its wearing off now and we will give her one more b/4 bed tonight.

anyway wonderful meeting everyone I miss you all already!

Hugs

Isabella was upset that she didnt get to say goodbye to Jessica !!!:sad1:

10. lornak

lornak DIS Veteran

I do not know anyone personally in our group so I'm guessing no one noticed that we didn't make it either! Except maybe SCRAPPY as she had nametags for us! My mother in law was diagnosed with cancer on Feb 18th. She was only given 3-4 weeks to live and so I decided to cancel the cruise. It was definitley the right decision as she only lived for 4 days. We were celebrating her life at her funeral on the day you all were sailing off... I sure missed the cruise but I know I was in the right place. I will be anxious to hear everyone's comments now that you are home. Hope it was a great week!!!

11. scrapycruiser

scrapycruiser DIS Veteran

12. peanutgirl

peanutgirl DIS Veteran

Thanks for the kind words Scrappy. Thank goodness for travel insurance. We kept our daughter really busy all week so she really did not notice that she was not on the boat but I sure did. We thought of you all every day and hoped for smooth sainings. We have a carnival cruise booked for the summer but no Disney in the near future as Sat. depatures are really hard to make out of our airport as you can see. We cannot wait for a detailed trip report. Hope everyone gets home safe.

13. seashell724

seashell724 DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh.
    Peanut-that is too bad. It is nice you still got to go to Orlando though!
    Lorna-I am sooo sorry for your loss. I think you made the right decision and hope you feel that way too. I would have stayed home as well. The same thing happened with my grandma a month ago. Diagnosed and gone very shortly after. Barely anytime to process the information. :(

14. seashell724

seashell724 DIS Veteran

As for an update-well I think we had rough seas for 5/7 days? Is that correct?

After 2 days on the boat I got a nasty cold-then someone smoked my shoulder opening a door so it wasn't the best of times. I am still sore. Boo.

But, it did have it's very fun moments as well. I really wish I would have had more time on the St. Thomas day to do some more stuff.
    Now for the unpacking-eeks.

I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Scrappy and EVERYONE who made our cruise memorable. The FE gifts each day were so much fun. Whoever gave the lifesavers-you literally saved my life because I was sick and needed some hard candies so badly. Everyone was so kind that we met and it's a shame we couldn't spend more time together to get to know one another.

15. jackadoo24

jackadoo24 Earning My Ears

Dear everyone, Thanks so much for the FE fun! My kids had a blast returning to the room to sheck out our FE. I feel badly that we didn't give more - only candy, stickers and pencils/pens. I honestly had no idea how extensive you all would be. We were running late on the 27th and never made it to the DIS meet. Sorry. Thanks to Scrappy for organizing and thanks again to everyone for all of the great stuff!

16. Talray

Talray Earning My Ears

Thanks also to everyone for the amazing fish extender exchange. I had no idea it would be such an involved thing! All the evenings coming back to the room to find treasures were a wonderful treat for our son (and us). Thanks to all who organized, shared information and more. We so appreciated your kindness! To those who didn't make it, you were missed - our thoughts are with you.

17. bigturkey12

bigturkey12 Mouseketeer

thanks to everyone for the wonderful fe gifts josh loved coming back to the room to surprises. thanks to scrapycruiser for all of your hard work to organize us all. to those who didnt make it we missed you and our thoughts are with you. looking forward to another cruise. it was the best vacation we ever had. thanks to all of you who made our trip wonderful.