February 2013 Discount Watch

I can't wait for our next trip to Disney in Feb 2013! I plan on booking soon now that the prices are out. My question is, do they normally have free dining in Feb? We are going for our Mardi Gras holidays. This is the first time we plan on getting the Dining Plan so I have no idea what time of the year they normally have it. I was thinking they would not have free dining during the Mardi Gras holidays because it can be a very busy time in Disney. Anyone know?

I can't wait for our next trip to Disney in Feb 2013! I plan on booking soon now that the prices are out. My question is, do they normally have free dining in Feb? We are going for our Mardi Gras holidays. This is the first time we plan on getting the Dining Plan so I have no idea what time of the year they normally have it. I was thinking they would not have free dining during the Mardi Gras holidays because it can be a very busy time in Disney. Anyone know?

They have for select dates the last couple of years.

Our family has booked for POR-Royal Rooms, because we really wanted to make sure we got that room category.
We're really hoping for FD, as we were able to get it last year by arriving the Thursday before Pres Week. This year our kid's school vacation is scheduled for the week following Pres Week (current plans to arrive at the tail end of Pres Week and stay the following week thru school vacay).
This is what I came up with for FD offers (for the Jan-March timeframe) the past two years; think it's pretty accurate.
Jan 8 – Jan 12, 2012
Jan 21 – Feb 2, 2012
Feb 11 – Feb 16, 2012 President's Day 2/20/12
Mar 3 – Mar 8, 2012
Mar 24 – Mar 29, 2012

Jan 1 – 5, 2011
Jan 9 – 13, 2011
Jan 21 – Feb 3, 2011
Feb 11 – 17, 2011 President's day 2/21/11
Feb 25 – Mar 3, 2011

If the schedule is anything like 2011, we'd be able to get in on free dining by arriving at the end of Pres week. But if it's like this year 2012, we're outta luck.
Either way, I'm still going to Disney even if I have to each chix nuggets and pizza.::yes::

What happens if we're there for a partial week of FD? Like we're coming in on the 8th and leaving on the 16th. Do they somehow calculate the FD for the days we're there, or do you have to be there the entire period?

Our family has booked for POR-Royal Rooms, because we really wanted to make sure we got that room category.
We're really hoping for FD, as we were able to get it last year by arriving the Thursday before Pres Week. This year our kid's school vacation is scheduled for the week following Pres Week (current plans to arrive at the tail end of Pres Week and stay the following week thru school vacay).
This is what I came up with for FD offers (for the Jan-March timeframe) the past two years; think it's pretty accurate.
Jan 8 – Jan 12, 2012
Jan 21 – Feb 2, 2012
Mar 3 – Mar 8, 2012
Mar 24 – Mar 29, 2012

Jan 1 – 5, 2011
Jan 9 – 13, 2011
Jan 21 – Feb 3, 2011
Feb 25 – Mar 3, 2011

If the schedule is anything like 2011, we'd be able to get in on free dining by arriving at the end of Pres week. But if it's like this year 2012, we're outta luck.
Either way, I'm still going to Disney even if I have to each chix nuggets and pizza.::yes::

That's helpful! thanks!

Does anyone have a chart of or info on what the rate "seasons" will be in 2013?

What happens if we're there for a partial week of FD? Like we're coming in on the 8th and leaving on the 16th. Do they somehow calculate the FD for the days we're there, or do you have to be there the entire period?

If your CHECK-IN day falls within whatever the dates are for the free dining offer, you will get it for your whole stay, up to 14 days.

Some people's check in dates (for the current FALL dining offer) are 1 day before free dining, so they are adding a room only night for that first day. Then their free dining starts the next day.

Our school district always has two professional development days before President's Day, so we are taking advantage of that again (we went in 2011 and yes, had free dining then). We are thinking about checking in 2/9 and checking out 2/16. We drive which has its pros and cons. We could stay longer if we didn't. :( Anyway, the peak rates start on Thurs, 2/14. I was looking at a Cars Suite for the first half of our trip and then either one of the AS or CBR for the last half. The rates jump on 2/15 and then jump again on 2/16. blech.

I think Lousiana is the only state that gets any time off of school for Mardi Gras (people in most other states likely have no idea when mardi gras is) so I do not think Disney plans around that time.

Whether free dining is offered during mardi gras is more dependent on where it falls. Since it is early this year (before presidents day week) I think there is a chance.

Jan 8 – Jan 12, 2012
Jan 21 – Feb 2, 2012
Mar 3 – Mar 8, 2012
Mar 24 – Mar 29, 2012

Jan 1 – 5, 2011
Jan 9 – 13, 2011
Jan 21 – Feb 3, 2011
Feb 25 – Mar 3, 2011

Personally, I hope it follows the 2011 pattern! :wave2:

I'm jumping in on this thread as hubby and I want to do the princess 1/2 and are out of points (even borrowed points) so we are going to have to pay cash. Hoping for a good discount besides AAA. Never traveled during this time before and the prices are HIGH!

Jan 8 – Jan 12, 2012
Jan 21 – Feb 2, 2012
Mar 3 – Mar 8, 2012
Mar 24 – Mar 29, 2012

Jan 1 – 5, 2011
Jan 9 – 13, 2011
Jan 21 – Feb 3, 2011
Feb 25 – Mar 3, 2011

I thought it isn't crowded then and they would offer free dining? I am new at this. What am I missing? Thanks!

I thought it isn't crowded then and they would offer free dining? I am new at this. What am I missing? Thanks!
It's not crowded the week before President's Day at all, but the week of is considered a peak week. Just pricing out our trip, the cost per night jumps up the Thursday before and then jumps up again on Friday quite a bit. We plan to check out on Saturday before, so I don't know what the prices look like after that.

We're checking out Saturday the 16th and the room for our last night there (Friday) went up over $200 as I was told its partially due to Valentine's Day and the start of people coming in for Presidents Week.

Jumping in! We've had a Disney cruise booked for Feb 2013 since this past Jan. I finally convinced DH to go down a few days early, so looking to stay 2/13-2/16. DS' Birthday is 2/15 which would have been our travel day so now we can celebrate in Disney!

We are headed down the week of Presidents week...I just saw that the Princess half marathon is the day we are supposed to leave (I don't know how I missed this)! We are staying in our timeshare from Friday to Friday and I was going to treat the kids (dd6, ds3) to BC our last 2 nights because they LOVE Epcot. Is that a bad idea? I was hoping for an AP discount (I'm thinking that is fat chance now) and being that it is a host resort will it just be crazy there?

What are the parks like on that Saturday and Sunday? Can you go to them and enjoy them like normal? I am freaking out a bit :)

Jan 8 – Jan 12, 2012
Jan 21 – Feb 2, 2012
Mar 3 – Mar 8, 2012
Mar 24 – Mar 29, 2012

Jan 1 – 5, 2011
Jan 9 – 13, 2011
Jan 21 – Feb 3, 2011
Feb 25 – Mar 3, 2011

If this pattern holds up for 2013 then it looks like we could get FD for Mardi Gras. It looks like FD could start on the Saturday before Mardi Gras which is exactly what I want. Good luck everybody!!

We are looking to go mid-Feb. Last time we went in Feb, we went over Presidents weekend, but arrived enough before that the deal was good for the entire stay (free dinning).

We are looking to go mid-Feb. Last time we went in Feb, we went over Presidents weekend, but arrived enough before that the deal was good for the entire stay (free dinning).

This is what I'm hoping too. And we're also at the minimum of 3 nights, 2 day ticket purchase so I hope that is still the case then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter