February 2013 Discount Watch

Now that the 2013 package rates are available are you guys planning on booking your trips now or waiting to see if any discounts come out in the fall that would apply to Feb 2013 before booking?

I'm waiting. Last year FD for February was released in August, so I'm hoping it won't be as late as the Fall this year either.

Now that the 2013 package rates are available are you guys planning on booking your trips now or waiting to see if any discounts come out in the fall that would apply to Feb 2013 before booking?

1) prices for packages for that time frame just came out today
2) Last year package prices came out earlier and they didn't offer fd until Aug. Hoping it's offered Aug. or earlier this year!

We are planning on a February trip. Any thoughts on why FD hasn't been offered the first week of February? Another questions is Bay Lake considered in hotel discounts if they available for this time?
I'm waiting. But for some reason I've gotten so many pin codes this summer for the fall free dining (I NEVER do!), so I'm hoping I get one early for the winter free dining. pixiedust:

I booked now to secure the room i wanted. I usually do, then call to apply it. Disney is awesome about applying discounts to packages when they become available.
And my god I hope they give us one... cause OUCH!!lol

Does anyone know if AAA discounts will be available today for booking 2013 room only reservations?

If I book a package now and they come out with Free Dining later, can I still call and they'll give me that discount?

Also can dates be changed by a day here or there - of course subject to that category room availability?

Or once we book, whatever date/package we select is what we're locked into?

If I book a package now and they come out with Free Dining later, can I still call and they'll give me that discount?

Also can dates be changed by a day here or there - of course subject to that category room availability?

Yes, and yes, depending on availability. There's always a chance you might have to change resorts or "view" preference.

Newbie - first question :wave2:

How will these discounts be announced? Do I have to have a Disney Visa?

I've always heard about it here, on the Disboards, first.
Sometimes the sale breaks a few days early for Disney Visa holders, but the main part of the sale is for the general public.

Yes, and yes, depending on availability. There's always a chance you might have to change resorts or "view" preference.

If a person has to change resorts in order to take advantage of a discount will the ADR's they made under the previous reservation carry over?

If a person has to change resorts in order to take advantage of a discount will the ADR's they made under the previous reservation carry over?

yes. I changed resorts last trip, after making ADRs, no problem.
I think those are more tied to your phone #.
But I would ask the CM when you call also.

Well the good news is they had the room and view available we were looking for so I grabbed it -- now I have to pray pixie dust comes our way in form of a pin or free dining to bring that cost down. :scared:

Sitting and waiting for either FD or a military discount for our Feb trip. Keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck everyone! pixiedust:

Well the good news is they had the room and view available we were looking for so I grabbed it -- now I have to pray pixie dust comes our way in form of a pin or free dining to bring that cost down. :scared:

Ditto! :goodvibes Reserved WL package for late Jan/early Feb. At least I can make ADRs now. Whew! Now, I just wait for a deal. We've had good luck every other year, so here's hoping.

I called the Dolphin yesterday to see if any better rates have been released for my President's Week trip. I was told that they anticipate a lowering of the teacher rates which were released really high and to check back in the next two weeks. I'm hoping I can get something that is $30-$50 cheaper per night than my current rate. Fingers crossed!

Is anyone else holding off on the airline part? I wanted to book everything at once, but the flight times that were included in the price were pretty bad time wise. They'll have me out of the room by 4:00 a.m. :scared1:

If you are flexible - adjust your days by one and you will get a different airline with different flight times options. I played around with it yesterday and got times for arrival and departure but only coming 02/19 (this was a day or two back of what we wanted. I agree, the rest of the times where awful!

yeah tried that, coming to Disney we'll be up at 4:00 a.m. but we don't anticipate sleeping the nite before anyway. Going home we need a late flight and no matter what date I pick (we're coming back on a Sunday) I'm getting either 6:45 a.m. or pay an extra $500+. :(

Glad I am not the only one waiting to hear about FD for Feb! I want to book our trip now, though, so that we don't lose our rooms. I'm thinking about doing a split stay and it's making my head spin trying to figure all of this out. FD is going to make or break our plans!

Just wanted to say thank you Scrappypeanut. After going back and forth with dates and flights, we moved our reservation one day up and are going Friday to Saturday now instead of Saturday to Sunday -- we got GREAT flights coming/going. Now to hope we don't get a foot of snow and can't get out...LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter