February 1, 2013- 4 night Magic from Galveston

Only three more days until its time to start planning the next cruise. I've been so busy lately that I hadn't had a chance to get excited until now. Now to finish packing and get through the next two work days. See you all onboard!

I heard on nightly Houston news tonight that this Friday kicks off Galveston annual Mardi Gras celebrations. We are driving from our house in Houston and I think we will leave a little earlier than we had planned. It usually takes us approx 45 minutes to get on the island but because of traffic on a Friday it once took us two and one half hours. For those of you driving in you can check traffic on www.houstontranstar.com. Click on real time. Green is great, red awful.
The celebrations on the island seem to start around 5 pm. I think we have one of us who lives on the island, maybe she can advise us as to traffic. Sherry

Yes, we are fairly new residents to the island and this will be our first Mardi Gras! From the websites I have checked events don't begin till 5pm! Next weekend will draw more people than this weekend. My advice is if the traffic is backed up at the Harborside exit to come on down broadway. You can turn at the first light after you come off the freeway and go up to Harborside! I would check where your parking lots are and familarize your self with the streets around! :) If you are traveling from afar you will want to get gas for your car before you get to the island! :) It can be significantly more expensive on the island (race track was 3.25 for regular today)! Let me know if you have any further island questions and I will do my best to help out!

Was going to get my packing all done today, but work got in the way again. I am finally finishing all the FE gifts. Hope I am not forgetting anything.

Hopefully all the packing will be accomplished tomorrow morning before I go to work. Finishing the laundry right now. Also have to pick up the last minute odds and ends tomorrow before work. Guess I better get the list ready so I won't forget anything. Then if I do my usual, I will forget the list!!!;)

I also had every intention of finishing everything today. I did get my Fe packed but my grandkids got in the way. First Josh ,who is three ,stuck a bead up his nose at school. Met my daughter at the doctors office. Josh was very sorry and sad about it. I took Him to my house for the rest of the day. I then picked up the two Kindergarten kids (at different schools , of course). I wouldn't have it any other way, it's why I retired and couldn't get more joy from it. Maybe I can finish tomorrow the only thing on my "list" is to get 100 googlie eyes at Hobby Lobby for my grandson's 100 days of Kindergarten. Let's Cruise! Sherry:wave2:

Is there a ferry we will need to take to get on the island? I know sometimes those can get backed up.

Is there a ferry we will need to take to get on the island? I know sometimes those can get backed up.

It depends on where you are coming from. Even then there are easy ways of avoiding the Bolivar Ferry. Most people I would imagine will be coming through Houston and that is a straight shot down I 45 with no ferry to worry about.

Does anyone know if there is a way to lose abut 10 pounds before Friday? Just pulled out the suits and...yeah...um...no. If anyone has an answer please le me know. Thanks :rotfl2:

Does anyone know if there is a way to lose abut 10 pounds before Friday? Just pulled out the suits and...yeah...um...no. If anyone has an answer please le me know. Thanks :rotfl2:

LOL - me too! I need that secret as well.....;) I am in Dallas and the wind is blowing that cold air in like nobody's business - if it doesn't get a whole lot warmer - I may not need a swim suit!

Can't wait to meet everyone on Friday!

:jumping1:

Somehow I have to figure out how to get through 2 more days at work...:badpc:

Jana

A quick question. I'm starting to pack, and I think I remember reading that the 4 night cruises have the special pirate night and an optional "dressy" night....does that sound right?

I thought ahead... well about a month ahead. I went on a diet on new years and wanted to lose 10lbs for the cruise.. I'm down 4.5 and that's just going to have to work!! LOL

I haven't been getting much work done this week!! I'm too freaking excited!!:banana:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnori
I just found this site on Tuesday and wanted to see if it was to late to register for the FE fun? I am new to all this and didn't realize there were activities like this. I totally understand if it is to late. My kids are 5, 8, and 11. I wish I would of know about this sooner...sorry.

Thank you.

I sent you a pm. I am so excited and nervous about our trip. I am new to all of this and luv this site already. My kids don't know yet about the trip....we plan on telling them this weekend. I do appreciate your thoughtfulness. Thank you.
My family and my parents Kathy/Dick will add you too!!

Hello,

I'm not on this cruise but a later one but i have some research questions.
Would there be someone on this thread/cruise that is willing to invest 5 minites of their time for me??

Please pm me if you do....

Thanks in advance

A quick question. I'm starting to pack, and I think I remember reading that the 4 night cruises have the special pirate night and an optional "dressy" night....does that sound right?

There will be a Pirate night , it will most likely be the night we leave Cozumel . I am taking a semi dressy just in case we have an opportunity to dress up. Sherry

There will be a Pirate night , it will most likely be the night we leave Cozumel . I am taking a semi dressy just in case we have an opportunity to dress up. Sherry

I am wondering about the Super Bowl - I would think that they will do something for this - but if Pirate Night is on Sunday night - it might be hard to do both. I am not going to be all that fused if I miss it - but I know my husband would like to see it. Mostly I just watch for the commercials. I guess they will have the game up for sure in Diversions, but had visions of watching the game up on the big screen on deck. :scratchin

Jana

I called today to check on dinner attire and this is what they said:
Night 1-cruise casual
Night 2-Dressy, but not formal
Night 3-Pirate night
Night 4-cruise casual.

She said that you can wear jeans on the casual nights. I mainly was asking because we are bringing four guys!

Only one more night at home for us!! :wave2:

We may not be there for the meet and greet AND our cabin has changed to 6143.

Can you update the sheet for me and/or make sure everyone knows at the meet in greet in case we don't make it. I'm hoping to be there, but we had to wait for DS' passport to check in online, and we got stuck with the 3:00 boarding time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter