February 1, 2013- 4 night Magic from Galveston

Bad news: DS6 has the flu!!! We got him Tamiflu today, and we got some as a prophylactic for my DS8. DH and I will get scripts tomorrow for Tamiflu, also. I called DCL, and as long as he doesn't have fever by Friday, he can sail. The doc at the urgent care place told my DH that he should be ready to go back to school Wednesday or Thursday, so hopefully, he'll be good to go. We do have trip insurance if we need to cancel. I hope we can still sail. We're playing it by ear right now. --Katie

Oh no! Sending get well vibes your way!

ekatiel said:
Bad news: DS6 has the flu!!! We got him Tamiflu today, and we got some as a prophylactic for my DS8. DH and I will get scripts tomorrow for Tamiflu, also. I called DCL, and as long as he doesn't have fever by Friday, he can sail. The doc at the urgent care place told my DH that he should be ready to go back to school Wednesday or Thursday, so hopefully, he'll be good to go. We do have trip insurance if we need to cancel. I hope we can still sail. We're playing it by ear right now. --Katie

Praying for you all and hoping he gets better soon!

Anyone else planning to go to Paradise beach? Any idea how much the cab ride should be?

I am not really sure - but wanted to suggest that you stop by the Guest Services desk once on the ship and ask them. On our last cruise - they were very helpful when we had questions about going ashore.

OMG only 4 more days! :jumping3::jumping2::bounce::Pinkbounc

has anyone heard from Madmommy17? I think thats the last room # we are waiting on..

4 more sleeps!!:banana:

We will be praying for you all. Hope everyone feels better Pronto!

Oh Man!! That is really rough - I sure hope he gets to feeling better and everyone else does not go down with it as well. Thank goodness for trip insurance, though! We never get trip insurance but decided to get it for this trip specifically for the flu - it has really hit my daughter's school bad this year. Will keep you guys in our prayers and hopefully we will see you on Friday! :hug: Feel better soon!

Jana

Oh no! Sending get well vibes your way!

Praying for you all and hoping he gets better soon!

Thanks for the prayers guys. He woke up without a fever this morning :thumbsup2. I'm hoping he stays that way. That Tamiflu must be working! The rest of us will be on Tamiflu, too, so hopefully, we'll be good to go. I have SO much to do before Friday!!!!! Anyone else feeling the time crunch??! --Katie

Katie-
Tamiflu does WONDERS! my DS had the flue the first week in Dec, he was the only one that didn't get the flu shot. I took him in the second day of his fever and after 24 ours on tamiflu his fever was gone and he was normal. We still hade to stay home for 5 days but his fever never came back. Tamiflu is the bomb lol. I hope he bounces back quickly!:jumping2:

I am not sure I am ever going to finish packing...probably packing to much! Do we need towels for our beach excursion?

I am not sure I am ever going to finish packing...probably packing to much! Do we need towels for our beach excursion?

Nope, you can bring the Disney Pool towels with you. Just don't lose them. Most cruise lines charge a fee if you don't bring them back. :thumbsup2 --Katie

Thanks for the prayers guys. He woke up without a fever this morning :thumbsup2. I'm hoping he stays that way. That Tamiflu must be working! The rest of us will be on Tamiflu, too, so hopefully, we'll be good to go. I have SO much to do before Friday!!!!! Anyone else feeling the time crunch??! --Katie

Glad he is better and yes I am totally feeling the crunch. I had so many quarterly tax reports and w2's and 1099's to get out that it really dug into my cruise planning and getting ready time!!!

They usually have someone in the designated area you will meet at to give out towels before leaving on excursions.

has anyone heard from Madmommy17? I think thats the last room # we are waiting on..

4 more sleeps!!:banana:

She is the last room number I need and I have not heard from her. I think I even sent her a pm.

Like I said there might be a few room changes if people upgrade at the port and hopefully we will get all that at the meeting and if not I will be the go to and you can leave the information at my stateroom or on my room phone.

GETTING CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::dance3::dance3::yay::yay::cool2:

I have twomore tips on cruising Disney.

The first is the Martini tasting. I think the cost is 15 dollars. It was so worth it on the Magic but only if the girl is teaching it. I learned way more about gin and vodka on that tasting than I did on the Wonder with Jesus ( he was from Cartegna Columbia)

Second tip is the Art of the Theme Show Tour. I hope they have it on a four day cruise. Its adult only and so great. It is a free tour and is a tour of the ship. They talk about how well planned out every detail of the ship, nothing on the ship was not considered even the Mickey hands above the elevators showing you the floors. I went twice on my Panama Canal Cruise.

I am already planning my activities and haven't even got our navigators yet.

Helping the granddaughters pack tonight. :wizard: Sherry

Oh man! We went through this over Spring Break last year. Our son came down with the flu the week of the cruise we were planning on taking, so we had to cancel. It was such a disapppointment! I wish you all the best!!

I have twomore tips on cruising Disney.

The first is the Martini tasting. I think the cost is 15 dollars. It was so worth it on the Magic but only if the girl is teaching it. I learned way more about gin and vodka on that tasting than I did on the Wonder with Jesus ( he was from Cartegna Columbia)

Second tip is the Art of the Theme Show Tour. I hope they have it on a four day cruise. Its adult only and so great. It is a free tour and is a tour of the ship. They talk about how well planned out every detail of the ship, nothing on the ship was not considered even the Mickey hands above the elevators showing you the floors. I went twice on my Panama Canal Cruise.

I am already planning my activities and haven't even got our navigators yet.

Helping the granddaughters pack tonight. :wizard: Sherry

I have done the Art of the Theme Show Tour on the Wonder and you are right in how well it is thought out. The tour was very informative and a good way to learn our way around the ship.

I heard on nightly Houston news tonight that this Friday kicks off Galveston annual Mardi Gras celebrations. We are driving from our house in Houston and I think we will leave a little earlier than we had planned. It usually takes us approx 45 minutes to get on the island but because of traffic on a Friday it once took us two and one half hours. For those of you driving in you can check traffic on www.houstontranstar.com. Click on real time. Green is great, red awful.
The celebrations on the island seem to start around 5 pm. I think we have one of us who lives on the island, maybe she can advise us as to traffic. Sherry

I talked to Meliza (madmommy17) and she won't be making the cruise. Her military son made it home and they will be spending time with him.

I heard on nightly Houston news tonight that this Friday kicks off Galveston annual Mardi Gras celebrations. We are driving from our house in Houston and I think we will leave a little earlier than we had planned. It usually takes us approx 45 minutes to get on the island but because of traffic on a Friday it once took us two and one half hours. For those of you driving in you can check traffic on www.houstontranstar.com. Click on real time. Green is great, red awful.
The celebrations on the island seem to start around 5 pm. I think we have one of us who lives on the island, maybe she can advise us as to traffic. Sherry

Well now I'm nervous... We are driving down from San Antonio Friday morning. It's 4 hours with no big cities (traffic) in between so I figured we'd be fine. We were already planning on leaving early but now I don't know what we'll get when we get closer to galveston. If anyone can give me an idea of what we're dealing with I'd really appreciate it. :(

I talked to Meliza (madmommy17) and she won't be making the cruise. Her military son made it home and they will be spending time with him.

Thanks for letting us know. I will take her off the list and with that we have a total room listing.

I am not stressing about the traffic since we are driving down Thursday and spending the night on the island.

Getting Closer.

OK, took madmommy17 off the list. All it really effects is the stateroom count, since there were no children involved. Anyway, the latest and greatest is up in the cloud. See everyone soon.

Our check in time is 11:30 to 12:00 . Since it usually takes us approx. 45 min we have decided to leave a wee bit before 10. Morning rush will be over so I think we will be fine. Our parking lot is right across from the ship. We are very comfortable with our selected time. Anyone else have some info please let us know. Sherry

Thanks so much for the update. I am sorry that she will not be able to join us - but if you have to cancel a cruise - I would say this is a really great reason to do so.

Only three more days! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter