• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feb 23 2013 - MAGICal 6 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX

Hey all,
I just found out about the Disboards last night from a Disney Cruiser guru. Thinking of doing the fish extender thing. I love a new craft and love me some theme style!:love: Hope it's not too late to join the group!

Hi, This will be our first cruise and can't wait!! We would love to get in on the FE , if able to. Not too sure what it is although I have an idea and we don't want to miss out on anything if we can help it! Let me know if you can fit us in. Thanks. Lisa

OK, My wife and I just got in on this cruise with the GTV discount, we saw the offer and said "Wouldn't that be nice if...." then realized

1. Kid is in college
2. I have the vacation time
3. Wife's Temp Job just ended

So we took the plunge and got in. So we have about 20 days until we leave, never been on a cruise before (but we are Disney Fanatics) and the information is a little overwhelming to say the least.

So, all of my future cruise friends, what is the one suggestion you can make assuming we are clueless (which we are) and Hello!

It also turns out I will be celebrating my birthday on the Cozumel Day!

I don't think we are very interested in port adventures since this was kind of a spur of the moment thing but want to enjoy the ship. Reservations are full at Palo's so that is out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You!!!!!!

We are taking our very first Disney Cruise on Feb. 23 out of Galveston and just heard about the FE groups. We would love to be part of this! Is it too late to join the group?

New to the idea but LOVE it! Please let me know if spots are still available!:cool1:

Hi, This will be our first cruise and can't wait!! We would love to get in on the FE , if able to. Not too sure what it is although I have an idea and we don't want to miss out on anything if we can help it! Let me know if you can fit us in. Thanks. Lisa

Hi Courtney, Lisa and Lisa! :wave2: Welcome to the group! Sorry it's so quiet here - I am really the only one that comes back and updates here but we are way MORE active in our Facebook group. For the fish extender, we had a group of 95 people originally and many people wanted to split into smaller groups, so that was done 3 weeks ago. Since the 3 of you (plus Erica that posted after Courtney) expressed interest in joining, I am going to create a 6th group for all of you - if you still want to participate. There are several people in the group that are buying/making gifts for everyone and several that are only giving gifts to those within their smaller group. You choose your level of participation based on budget, time and space. Please consider joining us on Facebook (Erica already did!) so that you can "meet" the rest of the group. I will post the link below.

OK, My wife and I just got in on this cruise with the GTV discount, we saw the offer and said "Wouldn't that be nice if...." then realized

1. Kid is in college
2. I have the vacation time
3. Wife's Temp Job just ended

So we took the plunge and got in. So we have about 20 days until we leave, never been on a cruise before (but we are Disney Fanatics) and the information is a little overwhelming to say the least.

So, all of my future cruise friends, what is the one suggestion you can make assuming we are clueless (which we are) and Hello!

It also turns out I will be celebrating my birthday on the Cozumel Day!

I don't think we are very interested in port adventures since this was kind of a spur of the moment thing but want to enjoy the ship. Reservations are full at Palo's so that is out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You!!!!!!

Hi Mike! Welcome! My husband and I are traveling without our kids, we also LOVE Disney, this is also our first cruise, AND my birthday is on 2/26 - Grand Cayman day! There will be two other kid-less couples on board, in our group, besides you and I. Also several other adult birthdays. We have talked about getting together for a celebratory adult beverage at some point. We have Palo dinner reservations for 2/26. I am very excited about that. I have read on these boards that Palo holds back 1/2 of it's time slots for people to book when they board the ship. People have said that it's a good idea to go immediately to the place where you can book (I can't remember where but there are veteran cruisers on the Facebook page that can help with this) when you board the ship.

:cool1:

For all of you - we have planned a "meet" at 3pm at Diversions on embarkation day. I hope you'll join us there. ::yes:: Many people want their kids to meet so that they have familiar faces in the kids clubs. There's also a good chance that the people in the group will be attending the same activities at some point, so it's nice to see familiar faces there too.

Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/482023015150401/

We have decided to do all the rooms. I know there were a few added after the close date but I ordered my stuff so all rooms will be getting FE gifts from 6068 and 2083 staterooms. I just hope I can get it all boxed up and shipped out next week in time to the port. I need to avoid suitcase overweight charges due to the FE gifts.

UPDATE-YAY!!! OUR CRUISE IS NOW BOOKED AND PAID FOR IN FULL FOR 2-23!!!

Hi all!!!

We L-O-V-E-D our 1st cruise (which was on the Disney Magic out of Galveston) so much Christmas 2012, that we are considering booking to go on another Disney cruise on February 23rd, without our only kid that's in college.

We're having a difficult time trying to decide if we want to try out a different brand of cruise ship companies out of Galveston since we just took a Disney cruise.

We have a feeling if we don't do Disney, we will compare all the other brands to Disney and we really don't want to waste time, energy & money only to be dissappointed, but DH is curious about the other Galveston Cruises.

Have any of you ever gone on any other brand besides Disney? Anyone our age (43 & 45) in this thread going without kids? Any advice?

Thanks in advance !!!

~~~Happily Feathering The Empty Nest~~~

Our first ever cruise leaving on Sat the 23...my birthday! Cant wait! Does anyone have any advise for us or tips.

Our first ever cruise leaving on Sat the 23...my birthday! Cant wait! Does anyone have any advise for us or tips.

1. Let DCL know its your Birthday (if you have not already done so).
2. Book dinner and / or brunch at Palo's (find time / place to make reservation on board as soon as you check in at port).
3. Dress up as a pirate on pirate night and watch the fireworks topside.
4. Let your room steward / guest services know if any thing is wrong during your cruise - they will do their best to fix it (take post it notes to leave messages for your room steward on your bathroom mirror).
5. Board early as you can and carry swimming attire on board - take advantage of all the time you can on the Magic.
6. If you have kids - take pillowcases / frame mattes with markers and turn in to guest services after you board - you will be rewarded with character signed mementos of your trip before you debark.
7. Let your room steward know you would like a bucket of ice left in your room daily - they will do it at no extra cost
8. Order cookies / Mickey ice cream bars from room service (take dollar bills for tips).
9. Relax and have fun
10. Book on board a future cruise (dummy or real date) - you will save money.

Hi all fellow cruisers!

In 8 days, I'll be cruising your se itinerary. I have a few questions for you.

Can you tell me who your captain, cruise director and "cruise entertainer" we're?

Also, was it cold at any time that I will need more than one pair of pants? Last year in the Caribbean , I wore shorts and skorts all week.

Thanks!

Sonia

Hi all fellow cruisers!

In 8 days, I'll be cruising your se itinerary. I have a few questions for you.

Can you tell me who your captain, cruise director and "cruise entertainer" we're?

Also, was it cold at any time that I will need more than one pair of pants? Last year in the Caribbean , I wore shorts and skorts all week.

Thanks!

Sonia

If I remember right, I think the Cruise Director was Peter, and caption was John (now that one im really not for sure). It was only cold leaving Galveston Port and cold coming back into Galveston. Other then that shorts were a must for the beautiful weather! Hope you have a great time. That was the most AMAZING vacation I have EVER had!!!! :beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter