Feb 23 2013 - MAGICal 6 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX

:thumbsup2

We are flying out of O'hare Friday night and arriving at IAH. We are taking a shuttle to the port Saturday morning. I have not found any discounts on shuttles though :confused: Still looking!! Let me know if you find anything for good rates on shuttle services.:thumbsup2

Best deal I could find was booking through Disney. They will pick up at the Airport or Airport Marriott which is on IAH property.

Hi, all!!! Been enjoying reading posts today. We are so excited for our first cruise!

Driving down from Kansas City area to Galveston for the cruise.

Husband, myself, 8 1/2Y DD, 7Y DS and my my mother-in-law.

Is it still possible to get in on the FE?

We are extremely excited to be going on our FIRST EVER cruise! We are also sailing out on Feb. 23rd and cannot wait. I just requested to join your fb group.

It's my husband, myself, and two daughters who are both celebrating birthdays while we are on board. One will be turning 11 on Feb. 26th and the other will be turning 9 just the day before we depart (we're still celebrating it on board!).

I am really in the same boat with one or two of you. My girls will not be too 'thrilled' with being left in the kids club. My almost 9 year old has a difficult time being left in new places. We've rarely had a baby sitter other than my mom watching them a few times a year and I home school my almost 9 year old, because of health issues. My almost 11 year old will probably love the kids club the instant she steps in. I've decided, though, that I for sure will not be giving my girls roaming privlages around the ship...only because this is all new to us and my DH and I are a little on the over protective side.

I am *THINKING* about doing FE, but I am still new to it- so I need to think about it/learn more about it before I commit.

I need to figure out how to make a FE...I am crafty and like to sew. I've been looking at some other fun ideas and pictures on Disboards and it looks like a lot of fun!

GREAT! Welcome to the group! I am the keeper of the FE info so just update either here or on FB when you have all the info.

Thanks Kellie - Here is the room numbers and details

Stateroom 2083 - 2 adults and 2 kids 2yr old & 4 yr old both Boys (Ethan & Chase) parents Gina and Joe

Stateroom 6068 - 2 adults Jackie and Joann (Mom / Grandma)

WE are still trying to get the how we are getting there figured out. Joe and the kids look like they will be driving - I will have to fly down due to work. But need to figure out getting from airport to port still.

If anyone has any experience from the airport to this port please let me know. We have always gone out of Port Canaveral.

Thanks Kellie - Here is the room numbers and details

Stateroom 2083 - 2 adults and 2 kids 2yr old & 4 yr old both Boys (Ethan & Chase) parents Gina and Joe

Stateroom 6068 - 2 adults Jackie and Joann (Mom / Grandma)

WE are still trying to get the how we are getting there figured out. Joe and the kids look like they will be driving - I will have to fly down due to work. But need to figure out getting from airport to port still.

If anyone has any experience from the airport to this port please let me know. We have always gone out of Port Canaveral.

Updated my spreadsheet with your info. :thumbsup2

Hi, all!!! Been enjoying reading posts today. We are so excited for our first cruise!

Driving down from Kansas City area to Galveston for the cruise.

Husband, myself, 8 1/2Y DD, 7Y DS and my my mother-in-law.

Is it still possible to get in on the FE?

Absolutely NOT too late....just let me know your room number and I will add you to the list!

Is it too late to join the FE exchange? My husband presented myself and our two kids this morning with this cruise as our Christmas gift :-) so I have been bursting at the seams to start researching fun things to do and inside scoops. We are first timers on Disney and would love to be involved in all the fun "behind the scenes" activities!

danielle11 said:
Is it too late to join the FE exchange? My husband presented myself and our two kids this morning with this cruise as our Christmas gift :-) so I have been bursting at the seams to start researching fun things to do and inside scoops. We are first timers on Disney and would love to be involved in all the fun "behind the scenes" activities!

What an awesome Christmas gift!

Nope, not too late to participate in the FE. just let me know kids ages and genders and your stateroom number and I will add y'all to the list.

Feel free to join our facebook group too. We chat in more detail over there.

Great!! Thanks!! We have an 8 year old son, Kayne and a 7 year old daughter, Seminole. We are in cabin 7007.

:beach:

We gave the cruise to our two girls for Christmas and are so excited to be able to talk about it with them. I am behind on the planning and this is our first Disney Cruise, we are excited to be involved in all the fun! Please add us to the FE list

Stateroom 7044: 2 Adults, two girls 9 & 7 (Audrey & Emma)

We also sent a request to join the FB site.

Wow! what a helpful site. This will we be our first Disney cruise and I am soooo technically challenged, just finding you guys is a huge relief.

I will be sailing with my hubby on Magic on 2/23 with my 2 boys ages 7 & 9.

What is FE, is it too late to join?

I feel like I'm late getting started on planning, anything I should be doing immediately?

ALL tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated :)

I am so excited I can hardly sleep and it is still so far away, you'll recognize me because I will look like the walking dead... lol...

how do I find you on facebook? sorry for the "idiot" questions, my excitement FAR out ways my technical and cruise knowledge :)

I want to make this as "magical" as possible for my family, all advice greatly appreciated

my 7 and 9 year old boys want to do the Stingray City Snorkel in GC. I am nervous about their stingers/barbs, thoughts?

also trying to decide which would be more age appropriate and easier for the boys, Dolphin extreme swim and turtle farm in GC or Dolphin Push Pull Swmm in Cozumel, thoughts?

lunch and dinner at Palo or just dinner?

my husband (only) is very interested in going deep sea fishing in either GC or Cozumel, anyone else interested?

Wow! what a helpful site. This will we be our first Disney cruise and I am soooo technically challenged, just finding you guys is a huge relief.

I will be sailing with my hubby on Magic on 2/23 with my 2 boys ages 7 & 9.

What is FE, is it too late to join?

I feel like I'm late getting started on planning, anything I should be doing immediately?

ALL tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated :)

I am so excited I can hardly sleep and it is still so far away, you'll recognize me because I will look like the walking dead... lol...

WELCOME! :wave2:

The FE (Fish Extender) is a pocketed wall hangy thing that you hang on the fish that is outside of your stateroom door. The FE exchange is kinda like a secret santa exchange. Each person / family that participates buys or makes a small gift and puts it inside the Fish Extender for the other people in the group. The only rule is that if you participate, you do a gift of some type. It can be one gift per person in the stateroom. It can be one gift per family. You can do as much as one gift per day, per person OR one gift for the entire cruise for the entire family. By gift - it could be something as simple as a sticker for the kids. One lady in our group has talked about giving single serving bottles of wine. :thumbsup2 It all depends on your level of craftiness and/or budget. We have a big group so we are going to split the group into smaller groups of no more than 15 people.

I am a cruise newbie so any tips that I might be able to give would come straight from this site.

how do I find you on facebook? sorry for the "idiot" questions, my excitement FAR out ways my technical and cruise knowledge :)

I want to make this as "magical" as possible for my family, all advice greatly appreciated

my 7 and 9 year old boys want to do the Stingray City Snorkel in GC. I am nervous about their stingers/barbs, thoughts?

also trying to decide which would be more age appropriate and easier for the boys, Dolphin extreme swim and turtle farm in GC or Dolphin Push Pull Swmm in Cozumel, thoughts?

lunch and dinner at Palo or just dinner?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/482023015150401/ This should take you directly to our facebook group....just send a request to join and either Myself or Mishell will add you to the group.

I have no idea about excursions because this will be a first for my husband and I. Neither of us want to get in the water so our excursions don't involve water. If we ever bring the kids in the future, we will probably do dolphins or turtles....not sure which though.

We are doing dinner at Palo but I think most people recommend brunch. We aren't brunch people though...that menu doesn't really appeal to us, so we chose dinner. It will be my birthday dinner!

my husband (only) is very interested in going deep sea fishing in either GC or Cozumel, anyone else interested?

I would LOVE to go deep sea fishing but my husband would not. Since this is a (belated) honeymoon trip for us, we aren't going to be splitting up.

I just emailed my TA about booking this cruise. Is it too late to get in on the FE? Myself (38) and my daughter, Annabeth (4).

ETA: And if it's not too late, can we participate in all of the subgroups?

AngieEstaAqui said:
I just emailed my TA about booking this cruise. Is it too late to get in on the FE? Myself (38) and my daughter, Annabeth (4).

ETA: And if it's not too late, can we participate in all of the subgroups?

Welcome. Definitely not too late! I will add you to the list. Join us on facebook if you wish.... we chat in more detail there.

Welcome. Definitely not too late! I will add you to the list. Join us on facebook if you wish.... we chat in more detail there.

I booked IGT, but will let you know where we'll be when I get my room assignment. Hoping for pixie dust! pixiedust:

I requested access to the FB page. Just waiting to be approved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter