Feb 2013 car rental

Well I ended up booking an earlier flight so I had to change my reservation. Back up to 250 and I am actually dropping it off a night earlier:rolleyes2

That's ok. It's a good starting point and hopefully I will see some more price drops in the next 6 weeks.
Fox rental car is a bit cheaper but I really don't want to use A) an offsite company and B) one I know nothing about. I'll stick with the ones that are known a little better.

Did anyone else find alamo had a huge jump on thier prices yesterday. Sunday i booked a suv for 245 today its doubled 500.92. That is crazy.

Did anyone else find alamo had a huge jump on thier prices yesterday. Sunday i booked a suv for 245 today its doubled 500.92. That is crazy.

Yep. They are all over the place so I would keep watching. My dates are the end of February. They were in the 300 range on Sunday,up to 750 or more yesterday, and back down to the 280 range today for a standard.

I would like to book with them since we've always had such good experiences so I'm going to watch every day and see what happens. Right now Enterprise is still winning.

Yep. They are all over the place so I would keep watching. My dates are the end of February. They were in the 300 range on Sunday,up to 750 or more yesterday, and back down to the 280 range today for a standard.

I would like to book with them since we've always had such good experiences so I'm going to watch every day and see what happens. Right now Enterprise is still winning.

I'm hoping to have good luck with them. This is my first rent a car. But I like the fact I can check in online and pick my own car. I'm willing to pay a little more for that.

I'm hoping to have good luck with them. This is my first rent a car. But I like the fact I can check in online and pick my own car. I'm willing to pay a little more for that.

We loved Alamo and found the process easy and painless. It took us all of 5 minutes to get our car and get on our way. :)

Just giving this a bump. I am still at 250. I had it lower but we added a day to the trip and I had to rebook when the rates weren't as low. They are ridiculous again but I am still watching.

We're being silly, and being loyal to National (DH has executive status and we like it), and now I've taken days off the rental and we're returning it to the Dolphin, and will just take ME to the airport. It'll be an adventure.

An adventure I'll give up in a heartbeat if rates go down for returning to the airport! :)

We're being silly, and being loyal to National (DH has executive status and we like it), and now I've taken days off the rental and we're returning it to the Dolphin, and will just take ME to the airport. It'll be an adventure.

An adventure I'll give up in a heartbeat if rates go down for returning to the airport! :)

We are willing to do the opposite. We could take ME to the resort and pick up a car, and then drive it back to the airport after Universal. My kids love M.E. Well let me be more specific.. they love M.E. on the way TO Disney. That's called the "Happy Bus". However they don't like it on the way home and that's called the "Sad Bus".:rotfl:
We haven't taken it in a few years because of our rentals and they requested the Happy Bus so dh is picking up the car and the three of us are taking M.E.

At one point I had a very low rate to pick up the car at the Dolphin and return it to MCO with Alamo but our dates changed and I had to cancel it.

We are willing to do the opposite. We could take ME to the resort and pick up a car, and then drive it back to the airport after Universal. My kids love M.E. Well let me be more specific.. they love M.E. on the way TO Disney. That's called the "Happy Bus". However they don't like it on the way home and that's called the "Sad Bus".:rotfl:
We haven't taken it in a few years because of our rentals and they requested the Happy Bus so dh is picking up the car and the three of us are taking M.E.

At one point I had a very low rate to pick up the car at the Dolphin and return it to MCO with Alamo but our dates changed and I had to cancel it.

:) The happy vs sad bus. :(

Our trip is actually quite convoluted, with us arriving in town and heading to a WDW hotel on the 5th (or really after midnight on the 6th), then a cruise, then Universal, then back to WDW for several days. We don't even pick up the car until after the cruise to head to Universal, so it seems that on THIS trip we'll be taking both the happy and sad bus!

We've never done either; we keep booking it, then the rental car thought pops back up and we don't get on the bus. This time, though, we're getting on the bus.

Well, at least going to WDW. Like I said, I'm willing to change that plan and drive back to the airport if rates come down. :)

Is anyone having any luck getting a decent rental price in mid-February?
Need something from TPA Feb 18-28. The prices have more than doubled in the last couple of days. I have Dollar booked at $380 with taxes for the 10 days.
KLM code is crazy right now,brings $650 for the 10 days. Usually comes in around $30/day taxes in

We are picking up at TPA on 2-2 until 2-16. My rates have dropped. And even dropped a little today. I am using Costco, but even got the same rate at carrentalsavers.com. I have done various combinations of codes and it works. I am getting a full size for a little under 300, depending on the company.

Found a good rate on carrentalsaver but I'm a little nervous about booking through them. Can I cancel with no penalty? Is there any downside?

I have a National rental from Dolphin for under $300 for 8 days. I also have same dates from airport for $550. I am thinking of doing a 1 way 4 hour rental from MCO to Dolphin, this is $50. I am hoping to find something around $300 from airport, as we really don't want to do Magical Express. I am still watching rates, too, for mid-February.

Found a good rate on carrentalsaver but I'm a little nervous about booking through them. Can I cancel with no penalty? Is there any downside?

I've never booked with them. I just look to see what they are coming up with, check the codes they used and then book on the actual company website myself. I feel more secure using the actual company if something were to go wrong. The only exception would be when I used Expedia but the rate was so low compared to the Alamo site I just went for it. It worked out fine.

I have a National rental from Dolphin for under $300 for 8 days. I also have same dates from airport for $550. I am thinking of doing a 1 way 4 hour rental from MCO to Dolphin, this is $50. I am hoping to find something around $300 from airport, as we really don't want to do Magical Express. I am still watching rates, too, for mid-February.

Did you try the KLM code through National? I was able to book an SUV for President's Week for $248, then I applied a coupon and it came down to $224. That's for pick up and drop off at the airport.

Still hoping for a 4 day deal over Princess weekend! I hope they drop soon, I am getting nervous. Even booked ME just in case! lol

Still hoping for a 4 day deal over Princess weekend! I hope they drop soon, I am getting nervous. Even booked ME just in case! lol

I have a 9.5 day (so 10) with Enterprise that starts the Friday of that weekend for 250. Enterprise and Dollar had some very good rates about a week ago. They are back up now but should drop more as the dates get closer.

Did you try the KLM code through National? I was able to book an SUV for President's Week for $248, then I applied a coupon and it came down to $224. That's for pick up and drop off at the airport.

I can save quite a bit using the KLM code (8572130) with National but do I need a membership or anything else to use it? Also could you share which coupon you're using?

I can save quite a bit using the KLM code (8572130) with National but do I need a membership or anything else to use it? Also could you share which coupon you're using?

I booked a car for Presient's week and have never used this code before. However, I read a lot about people using this code on here and no one seemed to have a problem.

Just to be safe, I went to KLM website and signed up and now have a "member number," in case anyone asks.

I can't figure out where I got the coupon code I used. I thought I got it on this website somewhere, but I can't find it and it's not printed on my confirmation. I will continue to look around and see if I can find it. It was a $20 off coupon.

Edit: I found the coupon code (NWEBCPN027). It was on "flyertalk" website and it's $20 off "apology" coupon with no expiration. I guess I will see if it works. If it doesn't, I'm still happy with $248 for an SUV for the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter