Feb 2013 car rental

I was able to get a good deal through National Emerald Aisle from 2/2-2/10 for $235 using the KLM code and a coupon code. Not bad. I am hoping to have it come down a little bit more but will be ok with this deal.

Picking up car at Disney Car Care Center, Alamo. Dropping off at MCO.
Feb 9-16. Visa cardholder rater= $245.45

I would rather rent at MCO and drop off at MCO, but the rates are just too high right now.

You will score the best rates closer to your travel date. The best deals can be found 7-10 days before your trip. Thats because rental companies will release their last minute rental rates usually on a Tue or Wed each week.

You will score the best rates closer to your travel date. The best deals can be found 7-10 days before your trip. Thats because rental companies will release their last minute rental rates usually on a Tue or Wed each week.

Unfortunately I haven't found that to be the case at all for our last 3 trips (August 2011, May 2012, and August 2012). I stalked rental rates like a hawk and the best rates were always found somewhere around 2 months out each time. They did in fact get low as the trip got closer but never as low as the rate I got at 2months to 6 weeks out. For our August 23rd trip I specifically remember the date I booked the lowest number was the 4th of July. It shot back up the next day and never got quite that low again.
YMMV.

So, it's time to start looking for February. Right now I can't get anything reasonable at all. I'm in the 350 range for a compact (not happening). So I'll keep checking.:)

I can't believe how high the rates are for the first week of February!

Last year, we went the last week of January and paid under $75 for a week for a Jetta.

Guess I'll just keep looking

emmabelle said:
I can't believe how high the rates are for the first week of February!

Last year, we went the last week of January and paid under $75 for a week for a Jetta.

Guess I'll just keep looking

Look at Dollar.com. They have a special city rate for February that is MUCH lower than anything else I found.

They will come down. How much is anyones guess though. They were like this for my late August trip which was unusual but I got it down to 200 with Alamo for the 10 days about 7 or 8 weeks out. So it's time to start watching every day and when you notice rates start to fluctuate check several times per day.

I am having trouble finding coupon codes that are good for 2013. Most of them expire at the end of the year.

Look at Dollar.com. They have a special city rate for February that is MUCH lower than anything else I found.

I just booked a mini-van for 8 days = $340 all in. Thank you!!

Does anyone think I can do better than $340 for a mini-van, or should I just be happy and stop looking?!? :upsidedow

Does anyone think I can do better than $340 for a mini-van, or should I just be happy and stop looking?!? :upsidedow

It's hard to say. We've never paid more than 200 the two times we rented minivans and both times were for 10 days. I would keep looking but there's no guarantee. People will post the deals on this thread once they pick up :)

What's the code that you used and what are your dates? Thanks!

I reserved a full-size for February 10-14 on Dollar.com. $200 for the week, including a car seat, all taxes and fees. I will keep looking for other companies to offer similar or better rates, but its nice to have something booked.

If 2013 is like every other year, prices will start dropping in January. Watch the January car rental thread as well. Some of those deals will also span into February. Keep your current reservation and when prices start moving, book the new one before cancelling your old one. Don't get locked in to a non-refundable deal unless you know it's absolutely unbeatable!! I changed my reservations a few times last year before winning a minivan through priceline 7 days before my trip. That was $202 total for 10 days in Feb 2012, would have been $222 without the bonus cash they gave me, equivalent of a $13 per day bid before all the taxes and fees. My dates this year overlap yours and I plan on finding a killer deal again on a minivan in 2013 as well. Good luck!

I just booked a minivan with Budget for Feb 14-17 picking up at Cape Canaveral and dropping off at MCO. I used the code BCD X474200 and my total came to US$135++ for a grand total of US$153.91. No one way drop off fee either. :cool1:
I'm quite happy but will check again in January.

I just booked January 25-February 3 through Dollar's City Rate for $218 all inclusive for a full-size. I've never used Dollar before. I actually booked it as my back-up reservation since I have two good rates with Alamo for the same time, but with iffy-codes.

Dollar doesn't have the additional driver, which is fine with my husband since he doesn't really care to drive in Orlando anyway, but is kind of a PITA. Does anyone know if you can combine a coupon with Dollar's city specials?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter