• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feb 2013 car rental

I just booked a SUV with Alamo for 2/2-2/10 for 265. Hoping it will keep coming down as it gets closer. I did insider deal plus $20 off code.

I'm trying the same dates. I don't see your rate and the coupon says it expires before my trip. It's supposed to end on 2/10. You're using 7015135? (edit...I see you posted which coupon you're using)

I'm trying the same dates. I don't see your rate and the coupon says it expires before my trip. It's supposed to end on 2/10. You're using 7015135? (edit...I see you posted which coupon you're using)

What kind of car?
I have had a friend that told me that car rental and airplane tickets websites remember your IP address. Each time you go on their website their prices go up making you think you should book right away before they go up again. I don't know how true this really is but I was just Alamo website price was around 500. Then I cleared my history and cookies and the price dropped right back to the 265 which is what I booked at. Hopes this helps someone.

:cheer2:For 2/8-2/18 my Dollar rate just went down.. Now at 234 and moved up to a Full Size. This is using the city special

How do I get the city special? Do you have any links?

thank you

Just go to the Dollar site, put your dates, times, and pick up location in, under car type leave it 'all types' and get rates (without putting any discount codes in). It will take you to a page with prices on the different size vehicles. About 1/3 way down will be a bright yellow area that says City Specials. Click on it and it will give you any specials for your pick up location.

http://www.dollar.com/Reservations/ResStart.aspx

Thanks!

I booked a mid-size with Dollar.Com for $225.77 for 4 days. I'm hoping the price goes down a little by February.

I booked a mid size with Dollar for 8 nights for $329.90, from 2/16 through 2/24. Used the City Special. Will keep watching for something lower.

I got a MUCH lower quote with Alamo by picking up at the Dolphin and dropping off at MCO. It dropped my reservation quote by over 200 dollars!
I will go this route if I am unable to find something better as the time comes.
The problem is we are going to Universal first for a few days.
I might switch it so that we are going to Disney first, use Magical Express to get there and pick up our car on our first day. Then we can go to Universal on the back end of the trip and drive to the airport from there.:)

I got a MUCH lower quote with Alamo by picking up at the Dolphin and dropping off at MCO. It dropped my reservation quote by over 200 dollars!
I will go this route if I am unable to find something better as the time comes.
The problem is we are going to Universal first for a few days.
I might switch it so that we are going to Disney first, use Magical Express to get there and pick up our car on our first day. Then we can go to Universal on the back end of the trip and drive to the airport from there.:)

How you do this. When I looked it was more expensive this way.

It might just be my dates. I sign in as an Insider (or use my AP discount code.. they are both 10%) and then choose the Dolphin as my pick up and MCO as my drop off. It brings the total way down. Still more than I want to pay unfortunately but much better than the quote that I am getting for MCO to MCO.:)

I've decided that if I can't get it down to 200 we will just rent for the Universal portion of our trip and use Disney transportation. We do prefer a car but I am not paying 300 for a midsize for the week.

FWIW I got a coupon for National in my email with a discount or free day for a 5 day rental. It expires at the end of the first week of Feb, which is out a bit further than the other National coupons I'm seeing on mousesavers.

Signs of good things to come, I hope!

I just booked a minivan with Budget for Feb 14-17 picking up at Cape Canaveral and dropping off at MCO. I used the code BCD X474200 and my total came to US$135++ for a grand total of US$153.91. No one way drop off fee either. :cool1:
I'm quite happy but will check again in January.

Thanks - I just had to switch from full size to Mini because 3 more people are coming with us. This budget with the code beat the Dollary City I had. For Feb 14-21 all in price was $302.84 fo the minivan.

We are flying into Tampa 2-2 leaving 2-16. We have booked with Advantage. We got a rate of $400 full size car for the 2 weeks. Basicly, every other company is over 700 for the same size.

Has anyone used Advantage? I have read some reviews, and it does not make me feel confident. Plus, they were owned by Hertz when I made the reservation, now they have been spun off this month.

Just booked a Ford Fusion or similar for 8 days over President's Week with Dollar. Pick up and drop off at Sanford airport (usually same as or more expensive than MCO in our experience) for $233.

I used the City Specials tab (no coupons or discounts). Thanks to the person upthread who mentioned it!

Happy with this rate but hoping to get low enough that the cost of a rental plus self-parking at the Dolphin ($15 a day) ends up being same as or less than the cost of a car service r/t from Sanford, so I can justify it.

For those loyal to National...I just cycled through all the airline, etc codes, and I'm seeing the prices come down for my dates in Feb. Before, the rates were absolutely incredibly high, disturbingly so. And now they are coming down.

Got a $30 off per week coupon in my email, but it's only good to the 9th. Our rental starts on the 10th. Come on, appropriate coupons...

For those loyal to National...I just cycled through all the airline, etc codes, and I'm seeing the prices come down for my dates in Feb. Before, the rates were absolutely incredibly high, disturbingly so. And now they are coming down.

Got a $30 off per week coupon in my email, but it's only good to the 9th. Our rental starts on the 10th. Come on, appropriate coupons...

I have noticed in the past when National comes down, Alamo usually comes down right around the same time. At least if we're starting to see some movement at all it means there's still hope. I've never seen it stay this high this long before though:worried:

I still have my midsize with pickup at the Dolphin for 290 for the 9 days. I have never ever paid that much before, but it's even worse out of MCO.

I have noticed in the past when National comes down, Alamo usually comes down right around the same time. At least if we're starting to see some movement at all it means there's still hope. I've never seen it stay this high this long before though:worried:

I've been preparing my scrapbooking for my WDW trips (yep, that's right, haven't done anything for 2 years, woo!) and found old National printouts and receipts. For two of our trips, I didn't get my final price until a WEEK before the trip. This helped to calm me down! :)

Arrrrgggghhh. Are these rates ever coming down?!?!:crazy2:
I can not believe how high they are. A midsize for 10 days from MCO is over 700 dollars!!!!! I know it won't stay that high but it was 6 months and 9 months ago that we got them for under 200:confused3

I am hoping it isn't Presidents Week that is affecting my rental. We plan to fly in the Friday night just as it's ending and that Saturday will be busy too. It's got to come down a bit right??

People in the March thread are seeing way better rates than we are and that has me concerned.

I'm at 265 with insider and 20 off coupon for mid size SUV 2-10.... That was booked a few weeks ago and now it's a little higher than that. Pick up is at mco. I think they will drop again soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter