• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy February 16, 2013 - 7 Night Western Cruise Meet

There is the FE group that signed up here on the DIS that Silmarg organized.

There is a family in the Face Book group for this cruise that is doing their own FE exchange.

The third group is our group of 19. We all met here on a DIS cruise thread became friends and kept in touch after the cruise. Now we cruise together or meet up at WDW. We took over Deck 9 aft with the connecting balconies that we plan to turn into party central party: Feel free to stop by and say hi! I will be playing mixologist and this trip I am mixing up Butterbeer Martinis!

For me THAT is the is the BEST thing about the DIS and the DCL cruises. We have met wonderful people and made some pretty amazing friends!

I think you've mentioned this before, but do you mean the aft as in facing the aft? We're in 6690 so we'll be sure to wave up to you all :)

We took over Deck 9 aft with the connecting balconies that we plan to turn into party central party: Feel free to stop by and say hi! I will be playing mixologist and this trip I am mixing up Butterbeer Martinis!

For me THAT is the is the BEST thing about the DIS and the DCL cruises. We have met wonderful people and made some pretty amazing friends!

Butterbeer martinis, I may just take you up on your offer to stop by and say hi:thumbsup2. May also send you a PM to find out how you make them :goodvibes

BTW---Thanks for the countdown you have been posting each week!!! I can't believe that there will only be one more until we sail:cool1:

I think you've mentioned this before, but do you mean the aft as in facing the aft? We're in 6690 so we'll be sure to wave up to you all :)

Yup! We are below you in 9172. :wave2:

Butterbeer martinis, I may just take you up on your offer to stop by and say hi:thumbsup2. May also send you a PM to find out how you make them :goodvibes

BTW---Thanks for the countdown you have been posting each week!!! I can't believe that there will only be one more until we sail:cool1:

You are welcome! :goodvibes

I should have the recipe nailed down by next weekend. I have the idea for the basic flavors. Now it is a matter of the right combination and proportions. I need to get some friends and family over next weekend to play mixology guinea pigs with me. The last time I did this everyone got hammered on variations of red velvet cake martinis. Hopefully they have forgotten that by now :rolleyes1

We are driving up after work on 2/14 and staying at AKV. We managed to snag CL for both the pre and post stay :cool1: Not sure if we are going to the parks though. We've done several trips without venturing into the parks. They've been quite nice.

I am going to attempt the 5K but have no intention of running. I am planning to walk a bit fast. I only run if someone is chasing me with a machete. Without that kind of incentive there's no motivation :lmao: I hope your calf feels better!

Shark ..... (Just thought I'd put that out there.... :wave2:)

Thanks for the tip, I hadn't heard that, unfortunately the only one in my family with a passport is my 16 year old daughter.

Sorry, don't mean to open a can of worms here, but doesn't everyone need a passport? :confused3

So who's going to WDW before the cruise? We're going from 2/13-2/16, going to HS on 2/14 and MK on 2/15 for the Birthday Boy!

He still has no idea! Although I have no idea how, I'm sure when we surprise him, he'll say "I knew it!" I was doing a little organizing today and he knew the bag I was re-stocking was for vacations (travel size toiletries), but I told him I was just looking for something and he bought it ;). Plus he's been trying on summer clothes for me :rotfl2:.

I also was thinking about running the CC 5K, but hurt my calf muscle a few days ago. Hoping it's better in a few days because I really wanted to do the 5K. I just started running a few months ago and have only run one other race. That's what I get for trying to get in shape for bathing suit weather.

So much to do but so excited!!

We are going to WDW after the cruise. We've done the World before our previous cruises, and love the relaxing time on the cruise after the hectic hubub of WDW, but it did not work this time with our older boys' school schedules (their qtr. ends 2/15--better to miss the first few days of qtr. 3 classes than the finals of qtr. 2). SO, we are going to WDW for 4 days after. i am hoping it helps with the depression that comes along with getting off the ship! :hyper:

I have boys ages 5, 16 & 18...most of the time our 5 year old is more "with it" & observant than the teenagers...boys grow in & out of their levels of common sense, I am afraid.

About the 5k on CC...do they give you a t-shirt or anything? Now that I know people walk it, I am more interested. That would be a cool shirt to have...does it exist???

OK, wow...gotta get the trip insurance. I always figured it was important for the pre-trip part...now I see it is very important for the ACTUAL trip part. :sick:

Yup! Losing money that you already meant to spend isn't nearly as painful as dealing with a medical emergency while you are out of the country and wracking up medical bills that your insurance won't cover and could bankrupt you. :sad:

So who's going to WDW before the cruise? We're going from 2/13-2/16, going to HS on 2/14 and MK on 2/15 for the Birthday Boy!

He still has no idea! Although I have no idea how, I'm sure when we surprise him, he'll say "I knew it!" I was doing a little organizing today and he knew the bag I was re-stocking was for vacations (travel size toiletries), but I told him I was just looking for something and he bought it ;). Plus he's been trying on summer clothes for me :rotfl2:.

I also was thinking about running the CC 5K, but hurt my calf muscle a few days ago. Hoping it's better in a few days because I really wanted to do the 5K. I just started running a few months ago and have only run one other race. That's what I get for trying to get in shape for bathing suit weather.

So much to do but so excited!!

Still on track to fly out of TF Green on the 13th,we are going to stay off property at Lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa.We stayed there a few years
ago and really liked it.Have ressies for Bomas that evening,but will play the rest of the pretrip as we go.We do the cruise and the parks every year so
I've done the rush around and try to squeeze everything in.

This trip I think we'll relax by the pool at the hotel the first day,hit the super Walmart and grab some goodies and beer for the fridge.

Hope your calf feels better,you'll have a jacuzzi all week prior to the 5K
to give it a lil TLC :)

We are staying at VWL the 12th through the 15th. Gonna spend the 15th at the Country Inn and Suites at the port. We want to get to the port as early as we can!!

Anyone at WDW before with kids want to meet up?

Sorry, don't mean to open a can of worms here, but doesn't everyone need a passport? :confused3

Not technically, but here's a thread that shows why everyone should have a passport and travel insurance.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47392046#post47392046

As a general rule, everybody really should have their U.S passport. By now, everyone going on this cruise has gotten (or will be getting, very shortly), their official paperwork from Disney (in the form of those nice little spiral-bound booklets). You need to take a look inside at the page that lists all the things you are required to bring with you.

Top of the list is either a passport or a "passport card." They DO accept other forms, but it's very specific (things like a government-issued photo ID along with your birth certificate, or a special driver's license from your state if your state also lists your citizenship on the license). The idea is that you need to have paperwork that shows that you're an American citizen.

I got a passport card last year. You can use it as ID in American airports but it's not accepted as a passport at overseas AIRPORTS, but IS acceptable in PORTS.... so using it on a cruise is perfect. The good thing about those passport cards is they are the size of a standard ID/credit card so it fits easily in your wallet (whereas a passport is too big and you need either a bigger pocket or a bigger case for it).

Should anyone discover that they don't actually have the required identification to go on the cruise, you still have about a week and a half so you can get expedited rush service from the US Passport Office, but it will cost you a mighty mint since you'll need to overnight express everything. If you live in a large city with a regional passport office (San Francisco, Honolulu, NYC, etc.), you can get your passport that day.

About the 5k on CC...do they give you a t-shirt or anything? Now that I know people walk it, I am more interested. That would be a cool shirt to have...does it exist???

My understanding is that the shirt isn't free. They sell it for something like $15 or $20 at the gift shop by the finish area for the 5K.

I plan on doing the 5K; it'll be a nice jog a couple of days before the Princess Half Marathon, which we registered to do on the day after we disembark. :)

I got a passport card last year. You can use it as ID in American airports but it's not accepted as a passport at overseas AIRPORTS, but IS acceptable in PORTS.... so using it on a cruise is perfect.

I don't recommend the Passport Card to my clients for one simple reason, in emergency situations, it's no better than having a birth certificate and a driver's license. So, for example, in the case of a medical emergency, where the ship has to leave you in a foreign port, you _can not_ fly home with the passport card.

It's not as if you won't ever be able to return to the US, you will. But, you have to go through the American Embassy, which may not even be on the island, or area, you are currently stranded on, to get emergency papers. Red tape, huge headache and in an emergency situation, where you or your loved one are hurting or needing to return to the US for life saving surgery, you don't want the delay or the stress.

Please don't think I'm trying to freak anyone out, but emergencies happen more often than you think. I'm aware of three emergency situations on DCL since the first of this year, in which the value of having travel insurance and/or passports would have far, far exceeded the cost of buying both. Even before I became a travel agent, we always traveled with travel insurance and passports. Maybe it's just the fact that I've been a Cub/Boy Scout leader for the past nine years, teaching my guys, by example to always Be Prepared? But, having both is always worth it to me, just for the piece of mind alone. :thumbsup2

I don't recommend the Passport Card to my clients for one simple reason, in emergency situations, it's no better than having a birth certificate and a driver's license. So, for example, in the case of a medical emergency, where the ship has to leave you in a foreign port, you _can not_ fly home with the passport card.

Good point. I plan to bring both my passport and my passport card, and use the card when I disembark at the ports. That should cover my bases. ^_^

IN 24 hours ~ We will be boarding a plane heading to Orlando, FL!!! :cheer2:

Just missing a snowstorm that is coming our way for FRIDAY!!! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter