Fantasy February 16, 2013 - 7 Night Western Cruise Meet

For those looking for flights out of the northeast...

Frontier Airlines is $205 ROUND TRIP from Allentown PA to MCO. Fri evening departure and Sunday afternoon return. That is a bargain. (and Allentown is a quaint airport). We are looking to leave on Thurs nite (so we can goto the parks on friday) so I will prob pass this one up.

US Air is now $335 round trip out of Philly (thats about $100 less than Southwest). Lots of choices... Down on Thurs or Fri and returning on Sun (if you return on Sat its actually a bit less!). DW hates flying out of Philly, but me thinks its a good deal (esp compared to $600+ out of NYC).

My kids would love the dolphin swim but not sure of the cost...do u know?

Hi there!:wave:
We are on this cruise too. We are me, DD11 and DD8. We are traveling with a work colleague and her family, including DH, DD12, DS10 and DS5.

I have just spent an ridiculous amount of time reading all the posts on this thread. It seems like there is a fun group of people here and Incan't wait ti meet everyone! :thumbsup2

We definitely want to do the FE, so please add our room to the list. It is 12518. My friend is still on the fence. It is her first cruise and she is trying to figure out how much they want to do.

Anyone give any thoughts yet as to port excursions? We mostly like the beach breaks, although I am thinking the Salsa and Salsa tour looks like fun and my kids are BEGGING do do a dolphin swim.

kpd320 said:

We did a dolphin swim in puerto Vallarta on the panama canal repo cruise 4 years ago and it was great fun. (we didn't see much of PV which is a downside to such an excursion).

I recall it was not cheap, but we got around $700 of on board credit for that cruise, so the dolphins were our splurge.

Grand Cayman:

Dolphin Encounter and Turtle Farm A- $95 C- $89 (ages 3-9)
Dolphin Extreme Swim and Turtle Farm A-$125 C $115 (ages 6-9)
Dolphin Observer and Turtle Farm (Must Be Booked With a Dolphin Experience) A $39 C $29 (ages 3 to 9)

Costa Maya:

Dolphin Swim A-$119 C-$99 (Ages 8-9)
Dolphin Encounter A- $89 C- $74 (Ages 3 to 9)

Cozumel:

Dolphin Discovery Cozumel A - $112 C- $89 (3 to 9)
Dolphin Discovery Observer $49 – all ages (must be booked with an interaction dolphin adventure)
Dolphin Kids at Dolphinaris C $105 (age 4-9 only)
Dolphin Observer at Dolphinaris All - $25
Dolphin Push Pull and Swim A $132 C- $109 (ages 5to9)
Dolphin Swim at Dolphinaris A - $146 C- $117 (ages 5-9)
Dolphin Trainer For A Day in Cozumel $285 A (10 and up)

To find out more about them and other Excursions try this link

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/shore-excursions/search/

One more thing be very careful about the ages of the children going - Disney is NOT FLEXIABLE about this at all. (Not even if its only a day). Don't forget to also book your excursions online as soon as you can some excursions do sell out and you can always cancel later (with in a give time frame) if you opt out.

Time Frames:

•Silver Castaway Club member: after 1 cruise - 90 Days out
•Gold Castaway Club member: after 5 cruises - 105 Days out
•Platinum Castaway Club member: after 10 cruises - 120 Days out

1st time crusiers - 75 days out

*** In order to book Excursions, Adult Dinning, Spa treatments you have to have your reservations paid in full

Does anyone have any recommendations on which port to do a dolphin swim? I've done Blue Lagoon in Nassau which was incredible. But I don't know anything about these companies.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which port to do a dolphin swim? I've done Blue Lagoon in Nassau which was incredible. But I don't know anything about these companies.

The extreme Dolphin swim we did in Grand Cayman was wonderful. We saw the location for the dolphin swim in Costa Maya and it just looked sad :sad2:

Last time we were in Cayman we did Stingray City on Moby Dick Tours
$45a $35c had a great time... We saw the ships (we were on Carnival Legend) excursion come about 20 mins after we were there and their was a big difference in the amount paid and how many sting rays came to visit...

http://www.mobydicktours.com/

The extreme Dolphin swim we did in Grand Cayman was wonderful. We saw the location for the dolphin swim in Costa Maya and it just looked sad :sad2:

We are leaning towards the Dolphin Extreme Swim and Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman. Is this the one you did???

Has anyone done the dolphin swim in Cozumel? That's where we were thinking of doing it, at Dolphinaris. I guess my question is...after the swimming with the dolphins part is there a beach or a pool to hang out at? b/c isn't the dolphin swim only 45 minutes long? I have a DS that 9 so he'll be with me and the dolphins, but DH and DS that's 2 will watch but I'd like them to get a chance to at least enjoy the water. Also we were thinking of Boatswain in Grand Cayman. Has anyone ever gone to that and what are your thoughts? good for all ages?

Has anyone done the dolphin swim in Cozumel? That's where we were thinking of doing it, at Dolphinaris. I guess my question is...after the swimming with the dolphins part is there a beach or a pool to hang out at? b/c isn't the dolphin swim only 45 minutes long? I have a DS that 9 so he'll be with me and the dolphins, but DH and DS that's 2 will watch but I'd like them to get a chance to at least enjoy the water. Also we were thinking of Boatswain in Grand Cayman. Has anyone ever gone to that and what are your thoughts? good for all ages?

Did you check out there website? http://www.dolphinaris.com/swim%20programs/cozumel.aspx

It also has a declaimer as follows: •Important note for all cruise ship passengers. If you are visiting via cruise ship, please contact the cruise line directly to book activity tickets.

There is a contact form you could fill out on the website - you could email them with your question to find out directly.

Not sure if this helps. :confused3

Some reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d911372-Reviews-Dolphinaris_Cozumel-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=286

You mentioned one of your sons is 2 if he will be 2 at sailing time he most likely won't be able to go on excursions :sad2: most are min age of 3 - I would call disney cruise line direct to verifiy if you can take him - Disney is very stricted with the age limits. This is from experince my son was a week away from the min age of 8 on one excursion and they WOULD NOT let him particapate - Lucky we knew before hand and were able to avoid disappointment once on vacation.

Its official... We book flights today... at a bargain price $189pp ROUND TRIP! Out of Allentown PA on Frontier Airlines. Out on Fri eve, back on Sun.

Incredibly Frontier is starting to fly out of Trenton, NJ in a few months (who knew there was an airport in Trenton) and flights can be had for as cheap as $127 ROUND TRIP is you can leave Fri AM and return Mon AM.

We couldn't do those dates w the kiddies on school.

Its official... We book flights today... at a bargain price $189pp ROUND TRIP! Out of Allentown PA on Frontier Airlines. Out on Fri eve, back on Sun.

Incredibly Frontier is starting to fly out of Trenton, NJ in a few months (who knew there was an airport in Trenton) and flights can be had for as cheap as $127 ROUND TRIP is you can leave Fri AM and return Mon AM.

We couldn't do those dates w the kiddies on school.

Great price!! :woohoo:

NewShipFantasy.jpg

GOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS! WE SET SAIL IN 27 WEEKS! THAT IS 189 DAYS!
:banana::banana::banana:
Fantasyinagural.jpg

:wave2:We did the Dolphin Swim at Dolphinaris in Cozumel a few years ago. The facility was beautiful, close to where we docked and we all had a great time. After the swim we went back to the ship. I don't remember having access to a beach, sorry - doesn't mean there isn't one, I'd contact them directly to be sure.

Thanks for the FB page I did do a "like" :thumbsup2 and I posted once but I am upset that FB has changed so much... I want to be a part of the conversation but I don't want people yet to know we are going on this sailing..

After my last post my wife commented that it came up on her wall...

I'll be a lurker on the FB page

OMG me too! when i post have I to go to my fb page and delete post. I also adjusted my private settings.
I'm just to excited! lol
My daughter is 12 she will be 13 jan 5th and is looking to make friends b4 the cruise.

OMG me too! when i post have I to go to my fb page and delete post. I also adjusted my private settings.
I'm just to excited! lol
My daughter is 12 she will be 13 jan 5th and is looking to make friends b4 the cruise.

Mom3ny~my girls are also looking to make friends prior to the cruise. They will be 12 and 13 at the time of cruise. It can't come soon enough for us :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter