Fantasy February 16, 2013 - 7 Night Western Cruise Meet

I guess you're in the same boat as me then :) I have heard of the Raddison and country inn over there but still haven't looked at prices. If we were to do the $4.00 charge it couldn t be a big deal because it's just 4 of us. Hmmmm, decisions, decisions :confused3:confused3

The Radisson is a beautiful resort! The pool is really cool. We've stayed there a few times. I was actually checking on these for my cousin who is cruising in October. We are actually staying in CL at AKV the night before. :woohoo: Hubby rented a van for one day to get us to the port and then one day to get us back to WDW afterwards. But, now that we'll probably be driving, I think we'll check into one of those $6 per day lots nearby the port. UGH...all the decisions on what's the most economical way to go....my brain hurts just trying to figure it all out! :rotfl:

I currently have reservations at country suites and inns. I thought you needed a stay and park package to use the shuttle free, but I have a room for 5 and a ride to ship for about 200.00 and that includes breakfast. We stayed there before our last cruise and we were very happy with them

:wave2: Good day everyone!
I was wondering~those of us that are driving and staying over night at a hotel near the port...will you be doing the park and ride or will you be driving yourself to port? What is the difference between the two? This will be the first time I am driving to Florida for the cruise and wanted to know what was my best bet. I haven't even looked (no idea) into the hotels by the port yet. I am kind of a hotel snob :scared: and would hate to pick one and hate it. I know it's only one night but it has to be **** and span I get grossed out easily lol. I really don't care about free breakfasts but if they have it that's a nice touch :) Soooooo, what's everyone doing??

Just on the hotel part -- we are reserved at Country Inn & Suites (CI&S) for the nights prior to the cruise.

We stayed there last time and we liked it. The pool was nice and the breakfast was good -- although it can get very busy as the morning goes on.

Radisson and CI&S are both Carlson brand hotels. I tend to see CI&S have better room rates than Radisson.

On getting to port, I am doing one-way rentals from and to the airport, so I don't need to do any port parking.

Speaking of one way rentals, you can now return a National rental car to the Enterprise rental lot in Cape Canaveral. :thumbsup2

John, what is auto train??? I never heard of it

South of DC you and your car board the train leave Virginia at 4:00 pm and you get into Sanford FL north of Orlando at 9:30am you save about 900 miles.

Your car is in another part of the train and you are in the passenger section you can pay extra to have a room we went with just seats on the lower level as it's closer to the Restrooms.

For the car and the 3 of us 1adult 2 kids it's $380 with a AAA rate
We are taking the 4:00 on Friday so we are going to leave CT around 4am and we can check in around 1pm then relax and enjoy the trip.

http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak/autotrain

South of DC you and your car board the train leave Virginia at 4:00 pm and you get into Sanford FL north of Orlando at 9:30am you save about 900 miles.

Your car is in another part of the train and you are in the passenger section you can pay extra to have a room we went with just seats on the lower level as it's closer to the Restrooms.

For the car and the 3 of us 1adult 2 kids it's $380 with a AAA rate
We are taking the 4:00 on Friday so we are going to leave CT around 4am and we can check in around 1pm then relax and enjoy the trip.

http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak/autotrain

I never knew this!!! This might be a viable option for my family we would be coming down from Western Mass about 1hr from BDL Airport. :thanks:

Good to know Yhe raddison) :thumbsup2
Do you know what the price is to park at the port parking garage? I don't know this either lol. omG I am a rookie at this...I usually fly in the day before stay at a disney resort then have them drive us to port. One time we flew in to MCO the day of cruise (i'll never do day of again) and just did the transfers straight to port. This is alllllll new to me (driving in) :drive:

It is $120 for the week :scared:

Hi there!:wave:
We are on this cruise too. We are me, DD11 and DD8. We are traveling with a work colleague and her family, including DH, DD12, DS10 and DS5.

I have just spent an ridiculous amount of time reading all the posts on this thread. It seems like there is a fun group of people here and Incan't wait ti meet everyone! :thumbsup2

We definitely want to do the FE, so please add our room to the list. It is 12518. My friend is still on the fence. It is her first cruise and she is trying to figure out how much they want to do.

Anyone give any thoughts yet as to port excursions? We mostly like the beach breaks, although I am thinking the Salsa and Salsa tour looks like fun and my kids are BEGGING do do a dolphin swim.

Are there going to be any a single parent on the cruise? I am a single Dad and Im going with a few married couples and dont want to be the third wheel the entire cruise. I have a son and a daughter 8 and 12 respectively. Just planning ahead....

Hi! I am a single Mom taking my two daughters, 11 and 8 by the time we cruise. This is our first cruise traveling with another family and I too am worried about being the third wheel at times.

We are on this cruise too. We are me, DD11 and DD8. We are traveling with a work colleague and her family, including DH, DD12, DS10 and DS5.

I have just spent an ridiculous amount of time reading all the posts on this thread. It seems like there is a fun group of people here and Incan't wait ti meet everyone! :thumbsup2

We definitely want to do the FE, so please add our room to the list. It is 12518. My friend is still on the fence. It is her first cruise and she is trying to figure out how much they want to do.

Anyone give any thoughts yet as to port excursions? We mostly like the beach breaks, although I am thinking the Salsa and Salsa tour looks like fun and my kids are BEGGING do do a dolphin swim.

Hi :wave2: and :welcome: aboard! DH and I did the Dolphon extreme swim excursion in Grand Cayman earlier this year. It was awesome!!!

Hiya and welcome....on page 40 (I believe) there is a single dad looking to meet up and hang with other single parents. His id/screen name is *KPD320*. Just a heads up. :)

Welcome!

Latest FE list (please let me know if I have any of the information wrong):
JCARWASH / TOTORO - DH/DW/DS6 - 2525
THEHOLMESBUNCH - DH/DW/DD10 - 5020
THEHOLMESBUNCH3 (parents) - DH/DW - 5022
THEHOLMESBUNCH (sister) - DH/DW/DD12/DS10 - 5518
LAURITAGODDESS - DMom/DS10 - 6040
NANANDIBOB - DH/DW/DD12 - 6178
MAGRUDERSMAKES3 - DH/DW/DD10 - 6188
SILMARG - DH/DW/DD13/DD10 - 6566
MATTHEWSMOMMY - DH/DW/DS6 - 6690
THEHOLMESBUNCH (friend) - DMom/DS10 - 7192
POETICMOE - DMom/DS12 - 7690
MAKINMEMORIES4MYKIDS - DH/DW/DD13/DD12 - 7570
DIZJOHN - DH/DW/DS9/DD6 - 8080
DISDREAM09 - DH/DW/DD12/DD8 - 8116
DISNEY1430 - DH/DW/DD14/DS12 - 8664
KPD320 - DH/DD12/DS8 - 9045
LANI - Lani and Steph - 9064
BROWNIEBITES - DH/DW+DW's parents - 9506
THETHOMSLUVDISNEY - DH/DW/DD16/DD12 - 9536
THREEBOYSNY - DH/DW/DS12/DS10/DS7 - 9540
RIEGERVIC - DH/DW/DD12/DD8 - 10024
MOMTOLEASAWAV - DH/DW/DD17/DS15/DD10 - 10120
POO LOVER - DMom/DD11/DD8 - 12518

Check your Southwest fares. Some flights have dropped in price. :thumbsup2

Prices out of Philly look decent. I am considering it.

My best advice for airfare is when they hit a price you are comfortable with, book it! That's especially true of Southwest. If your flight drops in cost, they'll give you a credit. There are conditions on use of that credit, but it's better than most of the other airlines that just keep your money.

My best advice for airfare is when they hit a price you are comfortable with, book it! That's especially true of Southwest. If your flight drops in cost, they'll give you a credit. There are conditions on use of that credit, but it's better than most of the other airlines that just keep your money.

Philly is a hike for me... which is why I am reluctant to book it. I live close to LGA, JFK, EWR and HPN... but so far they are all a small fortune.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter