Fantasy February 16, 2013 - 7 Night Western Cruise Meet

...And our Stateroom Hostess, Nicol, was AWESOME!!!...

Is this the Nicol you had as your hostess? We had Nicol on the Magic and she was great.

P1010714.JPG

No. My Nicol was small but mighty with big brown eyes! She was from Romania and I guess her husband works on the ship too but I don't remember his name.

You only get the discount on one future cruise up to 2 rooms for the same sail date booked. We used to be able to book 2 or more future dates, 4 rooms per per future date and get the discount. We have a couple of dummy dates floating around in case we decide to do another cruise between now and our Alaska cruise on the Wonder in 2014.

Terry - Thanks for planning the Pink Champagne Girls ~ We learned a couple of things.

We booked the Alaska on the Wonder in 2014 too. We book for June 30, so July 4th we will be sailing.

We booked a second dummy cruise too ~ we didn't get the 10% discount, but we did get the on board credit

Did your server happen to be Allywn from India? And Brooks from Jamaica? Allywn was terrible the 1st few nights, brooks told us it was his 1st day back on the boat. We had a table of 4 & relatives at 2 other tables of 8 each & they would finish before us almost every night. They had different servers.

We had Allywn and Brooks (Late Dinner) ~ and I have to agree they were a bit slow, Allywn said ~ he did not want to rush us.

Brooks though said his contract was up in April and he would be going back home for a while (he said he had 2 children (I think 9 and 11)) ~ He wasn't at the last nights service because he went to medical (he told us he pulled his shoulder ~ trays are very heavy)

Allywn was very new. He had just joined the cruise 3 sailings before ~ and I think was still adjusting to the time difference.

I hope everyone checks back on this thread now that the cruise is over. I am sorry I did not get to meet all of you. Although I did bust some of you giving out your gifts, LOL. This was my first time doing the FE and all I have to say is WOW!!! I was amazed by all the wonderful gifts we received. The creativity and thought and effort that went into each and every gift just blew my mind. My daughters LOVED going back to the room and checking the FE. My husband said at one point he saw 2 kids looking through our pockets, he wasn't sure if they were just being nosey or if they were helping themselves. So at that point we would clear out the pockets and put everything on the bed if the kids were not with us.

To the person that did the scavenger hunt.....what an amazing idea!!! Unfortunately we ran out of time before we could do it. I was so bummed!!!

Thank you to all of you. Each and every gift was SO appreciated. And each one made it home........my suitcase was 9 pounds over weight!!!!

Looking forward to doing this again someday!!!!

My daughter thought someone might have been taking FE's ~ Reason was she had just dropped one off and noticed that one of the bookmarks fell off. She went back (less then 1 to 2 minutes) to put it on and our FE was gone, but there was still someother FE's left. :confused3

On day 2 we did Remy brunch. While pricey, we thought the food was excellent and the server Yannick was great.

We also dined at Remy (we had Palo brunch on the first sea day, then Remy dinner on Cozumel night and Remy brunch the very next day--I felt so spoiled, and so fortunate for having wonderful platinum Castaway Club travelmates) and Yannick was also our server! He was terrific, and a HUGE improvement over the snooty French server we had for our Remy dinner on the Disney Dream maiden voyage (we could barely understand what that server was saying).

I had the French-inspired fixed menu and I had the best. fish. dish. ever. It was the sea bass dish... I've eaten a lot of fish in my life, but OMG I almost fainted when I took my first bite of the fish. It was SOOOO incredible. Everything was perfect about it... down to the temperature. It was such a simple dish (I think it was just poached, although it had a thin layer of crunch on one side) in a bed of broth and a bit of foam. But SO delicious. I was in heaven. [btw it was not the same sea bass dish they offered for brunch; that was also good, but didn't compare to the dinner version.]

The rest of the (normal) dishes were fine. Definitely better than a standard chain restaurant level, especially considering they have to cook all that without any open flame. We skipped Pirate dinner (since that was Remy night), though.

BrownieBites... I couldnt find your FE on your stateroom door (9506)! Did u change rooms? Sorry I never delivered FEs to you...

There were a couple of folks who must have changed rooms. Silmarg left a note on the door about it but I don't think we ever solved the mystery.

...Even though DH didn't join me on this cruise, I had a fantastic time. I had a chance to go scuba diving, and although not getting to visit Grand Cayman was a bummer, I respected the captain for having our safety as his top priority. Flexibility is the best way to survive any vacation... so Grand Cayman day was spent at the gym and spa, and I had a great time that day.

Sorry to hear that some folks felt seasick. I didn't get seasick at all (or even queasy) but I tend not to get seasick (knock on wood).

I REALLY enjoyed everybody's FE gifts. I'm amazed at the variety and great ideas people come up with! It was like continually getting your Christmas stocking filled!

We had the FE with the runDisney bib numbers (9064)--it worked out really well so I think in the future I might try to put together something a little more permanent (I didn't know how it work out so I made a disposable one with duct tape and no sewing).

We had the FE with the runDisney bib numbers (9064)--it worked out really well so I think in the future I might try to put together something a little more permanent (I didn't know how it work out so I made a disposable one with duct tape and no sewing).

I loved seeing your FE everytime I got off on your floor

Terry - Thanks for planning the Pink Champagne Girls ~ We learned a couple of things.

We booked the Alaska on the Wonder in 2014 too. We book for June 30, so July 4th we will be sailing.

We booked a second dummy cruise too ~ we didn't get the 10% discount, but we did get the on board credit

You are welcome!

There were a couple of folks who must have changed rooms. Silmarg left a note on the door about it but I don't think we ever solved the mystery.

Clearly BROWNIEBITES was aboard. Not sure if it was a stateroom # change with them.

As for LAURITAGODDESS, from her signature on the DIS, it seems like she went to disneyland last week, so I assume she was not onboard.

We had the FE with the runDisney bib numbers (9064)--it worked out really well
I enjoyed your FE as well too! Very creative!

Did you run the princess on Sunday AM?

Did you run the princess on Sunday AM?
We did! It was quite humid, but it neither rained nor got really hot, so it was OK. No PRs (personal records) but I took it easy, and took time to get a picture with Lilo & Stitch (Stitch is my fave).

Lani said:
We did! It was quite humid, but it neither rained nor got really hot, so it was OK. No PRs (personal records) but I took it easy, and took time to get a picture with Lilo & Stitch (Stitch is my fave).

We had an MK view room at BLT and saw all u runners. Way to go!

when I got on the cruise I realized I left me FE list at home. My daughter left a note on our door requesting everyone leave their stateroom number for us. Someone was so kind to drop of an entire list for us. Thank you so much! I was afraid we weren't going to be able to deliver our gifts

I had the French-inspired fixed menu and I had the best. fish. dish. ever. It was the sea bass dish... I've eaten a lot of fish in my life, but OMG I almost fainted when I took my first bite of the fish. It was SOOOO incredible. Everything was perfect about it... down to the temperature. It was such a simple dish (I think it was just poached, although it had a thin layer of crunch on one side) in a bed of broth and a bit of foam. But SO delicious. I was in heaven. [btw it was not the same sea bass dish they offered for brunch; that was also good, but didn't compare to the dinner version.]

I totally agree with you. It just melted in your mouth. The salmon with the horseradish was great too. Remy was just insane!...in a good way.

I totally agree with you. It just melted in your mouth. The salmon with the horseradish was great too. Remy was just insane!...in a good way.

Thinking of that sea bass dish just put a big smile on my face. That was so yummy!

...I think I gained some calories just daydreaming about it--time to hit the gym!! lol

Lani said:
Thinking of that sea bass dish just put a big smile on my face. That was so yummy!

...I think I gained some calories just daydreaming about it--time to hit the gym!! lol

I feel really good! I gained 5 lbs on the cruise and 4 are gone already! (I agree, the sea bass was very good! )

I gained 7 and it's all gone already...just tells ya how much salt is in a lot of the stuff...but don't get me wrong...it was worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter