fanny pack with three prong closure - current status?

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
Any recent experiences with fanny packs on rides that have lockers for bags? I believe in the past I have read that as long as your fanny pack has a three prong closure that snaps together, you did NOT have to utilize a locker on locker rides. Is this still true today? Any rides it's not true on? I know they've been tightening up a bit on some with the installation of the metal detectors. Thanks!

I think anything with a metal detector is a no-fanny-pack ride. That would be Hulk, RRR, and DD. The others you should still be able to bring a fanny pack based on what I've seen in this forum. I am planning to bring an Overland Bayliss bag and use it as a waist pack for the other locker rides.

Thanks! I have a waist bag very similar to that, so we're in the same boat!

No bags at all on Hulk, Rip Ride Rocket and dragon challenge..Everything else we were allowed to wear it on when we went in Jan

Just picked up a running belt with a three prong clasp. Are we good on Forbidden Journey and everything other than the 3 big coasters then?

This may seem like a silly question, but what makes it a "three prong"? I was checking out the Bayliss hiking daypack. Does that count as 3 prong?

Thanks!

three-prong-clasp-30-mm

My understanding is that the clasp has to have three prongs, like above.

There are smaller clasps out there with just one prong or that fastens in various alternate ways and I believe they are not considered acceptable based on what I have read here. Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in.

I specifically looked for a running belt with a three prong clasp based on discussions here.

Thank you Elaine! You included pictures and everything. That makes sense. For some reason I thought 3 prong meant three straps.I hope the Bayliss one counts since I just ordered it. :o

Last edited:
Thank you Elaine! You included pictures and everything. That makes sense. For some reason I thought 3 prong meant three straps.I hope the Bayliss one counts since I just ordered it. :o

Yes, the Bayliss counts as a three prong. It is one of my favorite bags. I use it all the time at Universal.

Just in case anyone is interested Overland Eqipment website has a big sale going on right now. The Bayliss and Pixley are both three prong and can go around your waist or over your shoulder. I love it because I can carry on my shoulder or cross body all day and put around my waist for rides. I think the sale is 40% off right now.

Just in case anyone is interested Overland Eqipment website has a big sale going on right now. The Bayliss and Pixley are both three prong and can go around your waist or over your shoulder. I love it because I can carry on my shoulder or cross body all day and put around my waist for rides. I think the sale is 40% off right now.

I just saw that sale too! I have a Pixley in dove gray and it's great. Never used it as a fanny pack but I will in two weeks! It doesn't hold much but I'd rather be hands-free than carry a bulkier wristlet. Or is it worth it to just skip the bag check line and carry a little zip ID case in my pocket?

I just saw that sale too! I have a Pixley in dove gray and it's great. Never used it as a fanny pack but I will in two weeks! It doesn't hold much but I'd rather be hands-free than carry a bulkier wristlet. Or is it worth it to just skip the bag check line and carry a little zip ID case in my pocket?

I always dream of going bag free, but it hasn't happened yet! There are those few things I just seem to always need so the bags that I can throw around my waist for rides work great.

I did that a couple of times on our last trip, and it worked out ok (I have a Tink lanyard with a coin purse on it), but that was b/c the boys all wore cargo shorts to carry the small necessities (emergency ponchos, sunscreen). I had capris with a pocket big enough for my phone. I'm taking that lanyard again, but will also have the small Bayliss, which I think might work out better.

so You cant take cell phones in your pockets??? or like cargo button up shorts??

Or is this just for like bags and purses?

multifunctional-waterproof-dry-case-bag-pouch.jpg

what about this? its lanyard that can hold a phone????

money-belt.jpg

what about a money belt... this could get really annoying fast. Guess im getting a locker for those rides. ugh. yep whining about 1st world problems today.

For the rides with metal detectors, you cannot take even the wallet in your back pocket. So no cell phone in a lanyard or anywhere else. That's Hulk, HRRR and Dragons. For other locker rides, yes, you could probably do that with the cell phone, but I think it would make my neck ache.

Our last trip was before the metal detectors and we did not ride any roller coasters b/c the boys were not into coasters. For this trip, I will be leaving the cell phone and everything else in the lockers when we ride Hulk and Dragons. Or leaving it with the last ride chicken if they will let him through the line with that stuff, which I do not think they will allow.

Absolutely no cell phones on Hulk, RRR, or Dragon Challenge. You'll set off the metal detector, they'll wand you, ask you to empty the pocket that's setting off the wand, and send you back to the lockers.

For the other locker rides - MIB, Mummy, Gringotts & FJ, I'm sure I'm forgetting one - they don't care what's in your pockets. Just no bags apart from the fanny packs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter