Extended Weekend Mommy and Son Trip Update 5/21 Tusker House Breakfast

YUM Coral Reef is an old favorite of mine and I am always baffled by the bad reviews. I have not been in many years now and am doing Mom and son trip in December with my soon to be 8 year old and Coral Reef is on the list. So happy to see a good review and I hope we can get a table by the tank :)

I hope you guys get a good seat like we did, it really adds to the experience. The trick is to get there right when they open and ask for it.

Yum! That seafood look wonderful, I want some!!!

It was so delicious!

Glad to see you were able to get away for a fun weekend with a handsome guy :thumbsup2 Coral Reef looks great, that pasta looked yummy! So sweet for the waiter to bring milk and a fruit cup for free :goodvibes

We had the best time just the two of us! Of course we missed Daddy, but we will be going back next month the 3 of us. We had the sweetest waiter ever, free fruit, milk and bottled water. He was spoiling us for sure.

I thought I was settled on the salmon for my upcoming September trip; but looking at the seafood pasta really has me torn. It looks fantastic!

I thought I was settled on the salmon for my upcoming September trip; but looking at the seafood pasta really has me torn. It looks fantastic!

Well salmon sounds delicious too! I really liked the variety in that dish.

That evening I was able to snag a same day ressie for the California Grill at 7:00 PM I had not eaten here since 2009 and was super excited. Of course I was also with a toddler, but other than a little mess on the floor we were fine. While we waited to be seated I ordered a cucumber martini type drink and it was so good, however it was strong!! It had fresh cucumber slices and was cocktail perfection for sure. I had a really sweet server while waiting for our table. We waited 20 min and were seated in the main dining area. The atmosphere here is out of this world! Our sever Joanna was from Scotland and was so nice to us. I really enjoyed talking with her and would ask for her again in a heartbeat. For my appetizer I had the spicy kazan roll, one of the best rolls out there! I also ordered another cucumber adult beverage to go with it! For my entree I had the filet and it was one of the best steak I have ever tasted!! For dessert I had the press pot coffee and the strawberry shortcake made with Plant City strawberries. Everything was so delightful and one of the best meals I have ever had at WDW. Afterwards we strolled over to the MK for a little bit to walk off the food then hopped back on the bus to POP.

beautiful photos and a cute little man...thanks for the weekend review..

Great review Lori! Your Kazan roll looks out of this world yummy and that cucumber cocktail........mmmmm! Alexander looks pretty pleased with his pasta too. He is a great little dining companion!

Great review Lori! Your Kazan roll looks out of this world yummy and that cucumber cocktail........mmmmm! Alexander looks pretty pleased with his pasta too. He is a great little dining companion!

We had such a nice time there! I can't wait to go back with my hubby and Alexander.

The next morning we took a cab from Pop Century over to the MK! I did not have time to stand there will a toddler who is wanting to run around and that line was insane! I tell you it was the best $20 I ever spent to get dropped off at the Contempo. That morning I was so jealous of the guests that get to stay there :rotfl2: but my wallet wasn't!!

For lunch we booked the Skippers Canteen the night before, I was so excited I could hardly wait to try this place! Its beyond me why it isn't popular as the inside of the place is amazing with all the details. We had a super nice, fun skipper for our server. We were seated in a very nice room, the name escapes me though! I started off with a smoothie with boba pearls! It was so much fun to drink and Alexander really enjoyed it. They brough out this exotic bread with honey and butter. It was interesting for sure! For my app I a salad that was delicious. It had a nice blend of ingredients. For the entree I had the steak with chimichurri and avocado salsa, it was quite delicious! It was not nearly as good as the filet at the Cali Grill, but for inside a theme park it was quite nice. For dessert we decided to try the
Coconut Bar with Pineapple-Basil Compote and Vanilla Cream!! This dessert was off the chain delicious. One of my favs from the trip. Overall this place was a delight and a welcome addition to the MK for food options. We will be returning next month to eat here again.

Love the look of the coconut dessert! That and the falafel will make Skippers Canteen as perfect lunch stop for me. Yum!

Looks like an amazing meal! I can't wait to try Skipper Canteen!

Great idea to take the cab. We've used the cabs to get to dinner on time--it helps everyone to stay a little more sane.

wonderful photos...thanks again...and what a beautiful setting ..love the carpets and the chairs...just a beautiful place..

I don't know if it's because I'm in Disney diet mode or what; but your Skipper Canteen photos have me enthralled. I hope my husband wants to take me there in September.

Great pics - I haven't read a lot of dining reviews on Skippers but you've definitely convinced me I have to go!

Love the look of the coconut dessert! That and the falafel will make Skippers Canteen as perfect lunch stop for me. Yum!

It is such a great lunch spot, I totally forgot I was dining in a theme park!

Looks like an amazing meal! I can't wait to try Skipper Canteen!

Great idea to take the cab. We've used the cabs to get to dinner on time--it helps everyone to stay a little more sane.

Thank you! I agree a cab is a great time saver and lowers the old stress level for sure.

wonderful photos...thanks again...and what a beautiful setting ..love the carpets and the chairs...just a beautiful place..

Thank you!! I was enchanted by the place for sure!

Great pics! Can't wait to eat at Skipper Canteen!

Thank you, can't wait for you to try the place :)

I don't know if it's because I'm in Disney diet mode or what; but your Skipper Canteen photos have me enthralled. I hope my husband wants to take me there in September.

Oh please tell him to take you, it is so much fun dining there.

Great pics - I haven't read a lot of dining reviews on Skippers but you've definitely convinced me I have to go!

Yes!! You must go, I know you will love it :)

Great pictures! The atmosphere at Skippers is reason enough to eat there. Looks like there were tons of details to look at while you dine.

The menu at Skipper's looks really good! Glad you liked the dessert...anything with coconut is on my list to try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter