Extended Weekend Mommy and Son Trip Update 5/21 Tusker House Breakfast

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen
Greetings my fellow Disney Diners. My name is Lori and I have been partaking in dining reviews on here since 2007. My 1 year old toddler (Alexander)and I took a last minute trip to WDW last month for a weekend trip. We are annual passholders and had no plans that weekend as my DH was out of town for work so we figured what the heck lets go to our favorite spot! We stayed a Pop Century, which Alexander loved all the huge icons, the playground, and their awesome playroom off the lobby! It really hit the spot and for the price I am not complaining. The first night we had a room only reservation and the last 2 nights we had the deluxe dining plan. Upon our late afternoon arrival we checked in and headed to the MK. I was starving from really not eating all day. I tried to get in at the Plaza with no luck so we settled for old Cosmic Rays. The place was a ghost town on that Friday night. I did not take a pic but I had the burger and fries. Nothing great but it wasn't bad. Alexander enjoyed the fries and the show and was dancing in front of the stage while I had my dinner. Not a bad way to end the night.

Joining in! :) How is Alexander so big already?? Such a cutie!

Yeah for a last minute trip. Ya know I'm in!

The next morning we went over to Epcot and met some friends from San Antonio for a delicious adult slushy in France before heading to lunch at Coral Reef. This was my second time here and Alexander's first. I was able to get a reservation that morning on the app at 11:30. We were seated right by the fish tank with fantastic views of the aquarium. Our server was outstanding. He even brought Alexander a fruit cup on the house as well as milk! For my appetizer had I had the crab/lobster foundue, this was sooo good. It was a little salty, but I really enjoyed this and it was enough for 2. I did not eat too much as I wanted to save room for my entree. Also their bread and butter is quite nice too. Also for my drink I had a non alcoholic mojito which was part of the dining plan. The star of the show was my seafood pasta plate with scallops, shrimp, mahi mahi, and mussels. I really didn't eat the pasta, but the seafood was all excellent. I forgot to take a pic of my dessert but it was a chocolate cake lava cake. It was delicious. Overall our lunch was a hit with nice scenic views, top notch service, and great seafood.

I had the seafood pasta dish there last November and thought it was so good!! I about licked the plate clean.

Coral reef looks like fun! We have not eaten there since our first trip in 2009 as we didn't have the best experience but it looks like it might be time to give it another chance. Love the look of your seafood entree!

Looks like you all got a great coral reef seat. And what a dapper young man you have for a dining companion ; )

Your food looks great and you know I'm always a fan of the last minute ADR

Coral Reef holds special memories for me as this was the restaurant that my then fairly picky 12 year DS decided to try some things that he would never have tried at home. After liking his choices, he tried so many new things that trip and because the foodie that he is today!

I am planning for he and I to go back during our May trip. This will most certainly be our last Mom & Son trip for a while (I refuse to say ever!) so I feel like it will bring us full circle. Very happy to read that it was a success for you!

And Alexander is absolutely adorable!

I've always heard negative things about the food at Coral Reef so I'm glad to hear something positive for once. Plus you can't beat that view!

P.S Alexander's Mickey cup is amazing and I may need to get one for myself!

We are celebrating my son's 8th birthday at the coral reef this October I am so excited! The food looks amazing! :fish:

I had the seafood pasta dish there last November and thought it was so good!! I about licked the plate clean.

It was a pleasant surprise for sure and I would go back for this entree for sure.

Coral reef looks like fun! We have not eaten there since our first trip in 2009 as we didn't have the best experience but it looks like it might be time to give it another chance. Love the look of your seafood entree!

We have had two great meals here and love the unique atmosphere and the food.

Looks like you all got a great coral reef seat. And what a dapper young man you have for a dining companion ; )

Your food looks great and you know I'm always a fan of the last minute ADR

I am the last minute dining queen for sure! We had the best seat in the house.

Coral Reef holds special memories for me as this was the restaurant that my then fairly picky 12 year DS decided to try some things that he would never have tried at home. After liking his choices, he tried so many new things that trip and because the foodie that he is today!

I am planning for he and I to go back during our May trip. This will most certainly be our last Mom & Son trip for a while (I refuse to say ever!) so I feel like it will bring us full circle. Very happy to read that it was a success for you!

And Alexander is absolutely adorable!

Thank you so much :)

I've always heard negative things about the food at Coral Reef so I'm glad to hear something positive for once. Plus you can't beat that view!

P.S Alexander's Mickey cup is amazing and I may need to get one for myself!

I know it gets a lot of bad press, but it is great for our family. I found that little cup at the disneystore.com in 2014.

We are celebrating my son's 8th birthday at the coral reef this October I am so excited! The food looks amazing! :fish:

I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did! .

Yay! This is so much fun!

So glad you are here to enjoy our little food party!!

YUM Coral Reef is an old favorite of mine and I am always baffled by the bad reviews. I have not been in many years now and am doing Mom and son trip in December with my soon to be 8 year old and Coral Reef is on the list. So happy to see a good review and I hope we can get a table by the tank :)

Glad to see you were able to get away for a fun weekend with a handsome guy :thumbsup2 Coral Reef looks great, that pasta looked yummy! So sweet for the waiter to bring milk and a fruit cup for free :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter