Explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

Didn't look at your CNN timeline, but per the Criminal Complaint at 23. and 24., the clip of the Tsarnaev brothers at the Marathon was released at 5, between 6-7 the three were already in the dorm room and ascertained there were fireworks, etc. Based on the knowledge that Dzhokhar had told at least one of them a month earlier "he knew how to make a bomb" and that at least one knew that Vaseline was part of bomb making, questioning a "what if" does not seem to be too far off base, imo. They got the text at almost 9 to take what they wanted from his room, but they saw the empty firework tubes and the Vaseline, hours before that text.

http://c.o0bg.com/rw/Boston/2011-2020/2013/05/01/BostonGlobe.com/Metro/Graphics/kt_complaint.pdf

ETA: The Complaint referenced Kadyrbayev whose times varied from Tazahakov's. Sounds as if the roommate will have to verify the actual time they were in the dorm room.
Thanks for that link! Kadyrbayev says they were at the dorm between 6-7 but Tazahakov and Phillipos say it was closer to 9-10. It took 4 interviews to get Phillipos to admit he was in the dorm room, so I'm not sure I believe much of what he says.

"Murder" might be a difficult charge to connect the dots, but there was much more malevolence in their actions than just attributing it to youthful stupidity, imo. If you read the Complaint, their actions were calculated, without even a scintilla of concern for the victims.

Haven't read the complaint. I don't doubt they're going to get what they deserve. But I also don't believe in over-charging.

- Still no cemetery willing to bury the body, and

- The family wants an independent autopsy:

Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s body is in Worcester funeral home where services are being planned

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...ompany-says/v6NAWytPxh5SR4p7q2hMxM/story.html

The owner of the Worcester funeral home where the body of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev is now being held said he was not making a statement about the alleged crimes of Tsarnaev and his younger brother, Dzhokhar.

“I’m not honoring a terrorist. I’m just burying a body,” Peter Stefan, owner of Graham Putnam & Mahoney Funeral Parlors, told the Telegram & Gazette today.

Stefan was quoted by the newspaper as saying that he believes that everyone should be treated with dignity after their death. He said he is prepared to face protests.

“Don’t do it? OK, what do you suggest I do? What would you do?” Stefan told the Telegram.

According to Stefan, Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s uncle, Ruslan Tsarni of Maryland, arrived at the Worcester funeral home Thursday to work with Stefan on funeral plans that have not been finalized, in part, because no cemetery has so far said it was willing to accept the remains of Tamerlan Tsarnaev.

According to the Telegram, Stefan has a long history of political activism in his neighborhood and has also long provided funeral services for the homeless or the drug-involved who have no family to pay for, or arrange, burials.

The body of Tamerlan Tsarnaev was first released by the state medical examiner’s office to his relatives Thursday night and then taken to the Dyer-Lake funeral home in North Attleborough, where a small group of protesters gathered.

This morning, Dyer-Lake said in a statement that they no longer had Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s body, but did not say where the remains were being sent.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, suspected of the bombing with his brother, Dzhokhar, died following a shoot-out with police in Watertown on April 19. Dzhokhar, who is believed to have run over Tamerlan with a stolen car as he fled the shoot-out, later escaped on foot before being captured that evening.

The Globe reported today Tsarni and Tamerlan’s two sisters obtained Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s remains from the medical examiner’s office after his wife waived her right to claim her husband’s remains.

According to Kheda Saratova, a human rights activist working with the family in Russia, the Tsarnaev family does not intend to bury Tamerlan until they find an independent coroner to issue a cause of death, the Globe reported. The Tsarnaevs have remained dubious of reports that police were taking Tamerlan into custody when Dzhokhar reportedly ran him over.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who is facing federal charges that could lead to the death penalty, is being held at a federal prison hospital in Ayer.

Three men charged with obstructing the investigation — Dias Kadyrbayev and Azamat Tazhayakov, both 19-year-old Kazakh nationals, and Robel Phillipos, 19, of Cambridge — are being held at the Essex County Correctional Facility in Middleton. Their attorneys have said they are not guilty of any crimes.

The medical examiner's office has not released the cause of death for Tamerlan Tsarnaev. A death certificate could be released as early as today.

I was working the marathon expo today, and they were selling shirts that say I run for Love, not Fear...in honor of Boston.

Also, security is going to be VERY tight on race day.

TLSnell1981 said:

I think a lot of people agree with some of what was said in the video.

But by the end of the video, Pirro, who is, after all, a politician, wandered away from her anger at the Tsarnaev family and into the realm of politics and policymaking. She has become much more right-wing conservative than she was when she served as Westchester County District Attorney. Since we should not be debating politics on this thread, or on this board, it was appropriate for you to remove the video. Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards

I am sure they will find a cemetary willing to take him. Just find one that's near a prison, where large numbers of former inmates are buried.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards

I was working the marathon expo today, and they were selling shirts that say I run for Love, not Fear...in honor of Boston.

Also, security is going to be VERY tight on race day.

Great shirt idea :) What marathon? My husband is going to run Burlington VT in couple of weeks as he didn't get to the finish line at Boston.

Still controversy over the body, and nowhere to bury it as of yet:

http://boston.com/metrodesk/2013/05...ome-protest/NniJNuYhAirQuh8u2YojoN/story.html

While, as of Saturday afternoon, no cemetery had been found that will take the body, Stefan said he is confident that he will locate a burial plot in Boston, eventually.

Some protestors, on both Friday and Saturday, have said Tsnaraev’s body does not deserve traditional Muslim burial proceedings and that his body should be burned or buried at sea -- as was done to Osama Bin Laden’s body after he was killed in a raid by US Navy Seals.

Stefan has said that the body will be washed according to Islamic customs following the completion of a second autopsy this weekend. The Tsarnaev family has requested a second opinion, and has expressed doubt about the official Boston police account that Tamerlan was killed after a gunfight with police April 20 when his brother, Dzhokhar, ran over him in a vehicle hed had carjacked.

Stefan has said there are two cemeteries in Boston that have sections specifically designated for Muslims and both have said they do not want the body. He plans to call and ask both of them again Monday morning.

I think those that are working in the hospital/jail where the surviving piece of trash is currently residing should make it a point to remind him that his brother might still be alive if he himself hadn't run him over and dragged him with the car. Though it may seem like he has no conscience, I think the guilt of what he did to his brother is eating him up, so I'd take the opportunity to rub salt in that wound as often as possible.

I can't help but think that a suitable final resting place for the deceased bomber would be on the body farm at the University of Tennessee where they study how bodies decompose.

I can't help but think that a suitable final resting place for the deceased bomber would be on the body farm at the University of Tennessee where they study how bodies decompose.

I'd prefer..nowhere in the United States. Perhaps, a burial at sea...

I'm sorry for coming in on this thread so late, but I was wondering if the man who notified the police of the bomber being in his boat received any type of reward? I was just looking at a story on HLN about the FBI updating the bounty for someone on their most wanted list, and it made me wonder about the Boston bombing case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter