EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

I'm posting this again.....I could really use all of your wisdom fellow Dis board members......
We are now thinking of splitting our poly stay with BC CL for 3 nights then 6 nights Cl Poly. We will land in Orlando at 5:30.Any chance we'll get there in time for evening
appetizers or is this day a waste of club level and money?
Also, if we did arrive past dinner apps could we ask if they could bring us a little something?

I'm posting this again.....I could really use all of your wisdom fellow Dis board members......
We are now thinking of splitting our poly stay with BC CL for 3 nights then 6 nights Cl Poly. We will land in Orlando at 5:30.Any chance we'll get there in time for evening
Also, if we did arrive past dinner apps could we ask if they could bring us a little something?

5:30 is definitely cutting it close, but anything is possible. There are so many variables, however, that I would assume you won't make it and then if you do....great! I wouldn't count on them being able to get you anything to eat either other than a bag of pretzels either. Whether or not you would want to stay CL arriving so late is personal preference. You would still arrive in time for desserts, and they can get you beer or wine anytime up until 10pm. You would still arrive in plenty of time to enjoy a night swim too. Plus, you can relax a bit the next morning as opposed to moving from one hotel to another (if that was your plan). We usually arrive at the airport after 10pm, so we usually stay somewhere else and then transfer hotels the next morning. It is a huge pain, but we don't want to pay CL prices to only sleep a short while. You, on the other hand, could actually get some enjoyment out of CL, but it would be up to you as to whether or not you would feel you are getting your money's worth. Honestly, I think most people would go ahead and stay CL that night too for the convenience. I would probably do the same if we could fly in that early. Good luck with your decision! Sorry about the redundant "either" in my third sentence.

I agree - I do not think the BC CL will get you anything for snack. At 7pm they lock up the lounge - but they could get you something to drink - like coffee or soda. You do have a chance of getting there. When we flew in February it took about an hour but when my DH flew to meet us last month it took him about 2 hours because it was late and they were waiting for the bus to fill up. They do offer a lot of desserts. The BC new lounge is huge and they offer a large variety - much more than the Poly CL. I hope that helps.

5:30 is definitely cutting it close, but anything is possible. There are so many variables, however, that I would assume you won't make it and then if you do....great! I wouldn't count on them being able to get you anything to eat either other than a bag of pretzels either. Whether or not you would want to stay CL arriving so late is personal preference. You would still arrive in time for desserts, and they can get you beer or wine anytime up until 10pm. You would still arrive in plenty of time to enjoy a night swim too. Plus, you can relax a bit the next morning as opposed to moving from one hotel to another (if that was your plan). We usually arrive at the airport after 10pm, so we usually stay somewhere else and then transfer hotels the next morning. It is a huge pain, but we don't want to pay CL prices to only sleep a short while. You, on the other hand, could actually get some enjoyment out of CL, but it would be up to you as to whether or not you would feel you are getting your money's worth. Honestly, I think most people would go ahead and stay CL that night too for the convenience. I would probably do the same if we could fly in that early. Good luck with your decision! Sorry about the redundant "either" in my third sentence.
Thanks for your help. It's true that we would be getting to reap at least some of the benefits of club level when we get there. A cold beer, glass of wine some dessert. I'm sure my family would hate having to move in the morning only to move again a few days later to Poly. No worries I didn't even notice the redundant "either" ha ha!!! Thanks again.

I agree - I do not think the BC CL will get you anything for snack. At 7pm they lock up the lounge - but they could get you something to drink - like coffee or soda. You do have a chance of getting there. When we flew in February it took about an hour but when my DH flew to meet us last month it took him about 2 hours because it was late and they were waiting for the bus to fill up. They do offer a lot of desserts. The BC new lounge is huge and they offer a large variety - much more than the Poly CL. I hope that helps.

Its very unpredictable that Magical Express. If we got there in an hour that would be a nice bonus. If not then maybe we will stuff our faces with sweets.... it is vacation after all:dogdance:. Glad to hear the Beach club has a new and improved club lounge. Now I am excited.Thank you for your help.

We land at 5;15 PM and are staying with CL at BC that night. I want to wake up in the morning and not have to do anything but Disney. Our last family trip in 2012 we few out of the first flight in the morning so we got to MCO at 9 ish. It was such a long day. This way if we arrive at night, grab the rental car, check in, get a drink and see Illumination!

Just thinking about what time I'm going to arrive at BC CL - normally I land late afternoon/early afternoon and arrive at the resort straight from the airport but this time I'm staying at universal resort a couple of nights before moving over to the BC. I was thinking of checking out of universal and transferring to the BC late morning, that way I can activate my Disney tickets and probably spend a couple of hours in a park before returning to BC when hopefully my room will be ready - can anyone advise what time the lounge closes after breakfast and then reopens? I will have breakfast elsewhere but would just like to have a rest/drink before heading into a park. Thanks

Just thinking about what time I'm going to arrive at BC CL - normally I land late afternoon/early afternoon and arrive at the resort straight from the airport but this time I'm staying at universal resort a couple of nights before moving over to the BC. I was thinking of checking out of universal and transferring to the BC late morning, that way I can activate my Disney tickets and probably spend a couple of hours in a park before returning to BC when hopefully my room will be ready - can anyone advise what time the lounge closes after breakfast and then reopens? I will have breakfast elsewhere but would just like to have a rest/drink before heading into a park. Thanks
Morning Clare!

Erika has all that info one page 1 of this thread. :thumbsup2

She has some menus and all the times with pictures too! Just scroll down to BC

Breakfast is 7am-10:30am then opens for snacks at 11:30am-4pm; then 5pm-7pm; then 8pm-10pm for desserts. You will not have a problem getting a seat - the lounge is huge compared to all the other CLs.

Hey gang!!! :)
I have some bad news, some good news, and some bad news. LOL :crazy:
I was having issues with my Tahoe, took it to 3 different mechanics, and all of them said it needs an engine overhaul :crazy2: and that would cost about 4 grand. :( So I dipped into my vacation budget and bought myself a new car!!!!! :car:

image.jpg

It's a 2015 Traverse , and I got AWD so it's still good for driving in the snow and ice like my Tahoe was. :cloud9: I love it!!! And it's the first time I've bought a car all by myself!!! I was a nervous wreck the whole time. I don't know a thing about making deals or checking out engines, so hopefully I didn't get taken for a fool.

The second bad news is I might have to postpone our June trip for a few months until my wallet recovers. But I told the boys this new car was more important and sometimes things happen that are unexpected and you have to sacrifice something in order to do what is best. They were actually cool with it and then proceeded to argue all night about who would sit in the front seat. :rotfl2:

I was having issues with my Tahoe, took it to 3 different mechanics, and all of them said it needs an engine overhaul :crazy2: and that would cost about 4 grand. :( So I dipped into my vacation budget and bought myself a new car!!!!! :car:

View attachment 89108

It's a 2015 Traverse , and I got AWD so it's still good for driving in the snow and ice like my Tahoe was. :cloud9: I love it!!! And it's the first time I've bought a car all by myself!!! I was a nervous wreck the whole time. I don't know a thing about making deals or checking out engines, so hopefully I didn't get taken for a fool.

The second bad news is I might have to postpone our June trip for a few months until my wallet recovers. But I told the boys this new car was more important and sometimes things happen that are unexpected and you have to sacrifice something in order to do what is best. They were actually cool with it and then proceeded to argue all night about who would sit in the front seat. :rotfl2:

Congrats on the new car!!! It does stink to have to dip into the vacation budget but at least it was for something fun (even though unexpected)! And you won't have to cancel your trip altogether but just postpone it - so in the end it sounds like it's a win-win :thumbsup2

Club level CM's are not allowed to accept cash tips. They can accept gifts and/or gift cards, food items, basically anything that isn't cash.

I tipped several times at the AKL for them bringing wine to me at off hours. They never once declined to accept it.

Just wanted to add my opinion on doing 9 days at Poly CL... We are fans of split stays and usually like to spend around 4-5 days in each resort. We once stayed 7 nts CL at the Poly (it was during the pay for 4 get 7 days deal, so we altered our split to save the money). My whole family felt like we were there too long (we were tired of the food, esp. the breakfast and snack since there was no variation day to day). It just felt too long for us, but I know plenty of people who would happily spend a week or more over there. For 9 nights, if it were my trip, I'd split it with an Epcot resort or just any resort that you've been wanting to try.

Please add us to the list...Beach Club CL with my three besties! May 31- June 5...absolutely cannot wait!

Last edited:

View attachment 89108

Congrats on the new car! It's always a bummer to have to spend money on something that you didn't plan to spend it on, but getting a new car is fun at least! What's worse is having to spend it on stuff like fixing drainage issues in your yard or putting new windows in your house - ugh! Super expensive and nobody will know you've done a thing. At least people will see you driving in that pretty new car:) Just be careful about your kids sneaking a drive in it. I got a new car for Christmas (my other was 11 years old), and my sixteen year old took her sister to the mall last weekend in my car...she has her own car! And she went to the mall that is 30 minutes from here rather than the other two malls that are 10 minutes away. At least she was smart enough to know that she should wait a few months before sneaking away in it. The funny thing is, as my husband and I left to go shopping in the other car, I asked my husband," you don't think she will take my car, do you?" I knew she was taking her sister shopping...but not in my car, and it was supposed to be at the mall in our town! Fortunately, she didn't wreck my car. I was just warning you....but maybe your kids would never do that.

View attachment 89108

Congrats Erika we went from a suburban to a traverse and I love it! It's a fair trade off

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter