Excuse me, you'll need to see security. What has Mickeystoontown done? Update 3/25x2

Awww! Its a baby! Not another butt shot!

Daylight seemed to come quickly, our behinds were dragging because the trip had been non-stop since we got back to the World. We had a park to see though so, after some poking and prodding, I had the boys roused and ready to head out to the bus stop. As had been the case thus far, the bus came quickly and we were off to:

DSCF3270.jpg

I could wander around the Animal Kingdom all day long and so could Hunter but its not Johns favorite park. Hes just not into the park all that much. But, hes not into any type of animal park/zoo. I know! I know! The Animal Kingdom is NOT A ZOO but to John, it comes pretty darn close.

We were through the turnstiles and into the park fairly fast and, soon, we were gazing upon this beauty:

DSCF3272.jpg

DSCF3273.jpg

Lingering wasnt on the plans so we maneuvered our way towards Africa. We were to go on a two week safari and I was pretty sure that they wouldnt wait on us so we had to keep moving. Passing by Pizzafari along the way:

DSCF3274.jpg

Africa:

DSCF3275.jpg

DSCF3277.jpg

Oh goodness! It looks like everybody else is going the same direction:

DSCF3278.jpg

The stand by line sign said it was just 20 minutes which wasnt too bad:

DSCF3279.jpg

The wait was all of the 20 minutes posted but it didnt seem like it. Here comes a truck:

DSCF3281.jpg

Everybody loaded in and we were off!

DSCF3291.jpg

DSCF3293.jpg

DSCF3295.jpg

DSCF3298.jpg

I need to take a minute and apologize for the quality of the pictures. Our driver did not slow down and seemed rushed. We figured it was because the stand by line was starting to get longer and longer and they told the drivers to keep moving on. Im going to post some blurry pictures anyway just so you can get an idea of how many animals were out and about that morning.

DSCF3299.jpg

DSCF3301.jpg

DSCF3308.jpg

DSCF3310.jpg

DSCF3312.jpg

I wish this fella (or lady) would have come out from behind the tree:

DSCF3315.jpg

**Continued in next post

DSCF3316.jpg

DSCF3317.jpg

As we approached the elephant viewing area, the driver slowed down a bit and the pictures are better.

DSCF3318.jpg

DSCF3320.jpg

Keep your arms and hands in at all times. Some of those trees and bushes have big thorns on em.

DSCF3321.jpg

Driving over a rickety bridge:

DSCF3322.jpg

DSCF3323.jpg

Aww! Look at the baby!
DSCF3326.jpg

DSCF3327.jpg

Not another butt shot! How many animal behinds do we have pictures of?

DSCF3328.jpg

DSCF3333.jpg

Hidden Mickey island:

DSCF3334.jpg

DSCF3336.jpg

Zoomed way in so we could get a shot of the lazy cheetah:

DSCF3339.jpg

Approaching the lion rocks:

DSCF3341.jpg

Would they actually be up and about? Pleeeze! Pleeeze! Pretty pleeeze with coffee on top:

DSCF3342.jpg

Yes! I couldnt believe it:

DSCF3343.jpg

DSCF3344.jpg

DSCF3346.jpg

DSCF3350.jpg

DSCF3351.jpg

The other pictures were really really blurry so I deleted them. There were three lioness and one male and they were all walking and bouncing around. In all of our trips to the Animal Kingdom, that was the first time we had ever seen them moving around.

More pictures:

DSCF3345.jpg

Warthogs with babies:

DSCF3352.jpg

DSCF3353.jpg

Not another butt shot!

DSCF3355.jpg

**Up Next: I wonder if theyll leave if I simply ignore them?

So glad all is looking up!:thumbsup2

Welcome to the world Tripp Emerson! :welcome:

We are so happy that Mama and baby are doing better every day.

Love the middle name. My little princess is named Emerson:-) great name!!!!!!

I think that Emerson was the last name of one of the mother's grandparents. Emerson is definitely a great name!

That's The Skip Method! :rotfl2:

I remember Skip wearing it just like that.

LOL!!!!!!! Oh my word, too funny!!!!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I was laughing so hard that every one of the pictures came out blurry.

Oh boy, this could be VERY entertaining!!! John versus Skip and the Backsack! :laughing:

Now all Jen's gotta do is talk Skip into going back. Maybe the challenge will make him want to go.

Aw! Welcome handsome Tripp! He will be in my prayers, I'm happy to read the positive report so far!!!

Isn't he a doll! The prayers are appreciated!

OK so my first thought when I saw John with the backsack was that he was using it as a potty:rotfl2:

I'm sorry to hear Jesse never found his watch. Maybe its underneath RnRC!

That's an adorable picture of Tripp. Just looking so content.

Oh My! I hadn't thought of it that way!

Tripp looks like he was very happy to finally be in his mother's arms.

Glad to hear the baby is doing well and Mom got to hold him! Continued thoughts and prayers are headed their way! My friend just had premature twins, and is going through the same thing. They are doing well and the doctor thinks they can come home around Christmas! What a miracle that will be for my friend!

I just love that John can fall asleep anywhere. My friend Amanda is the same way. She can sleep just about anywhere, and we usually take blackmail photos for later lol.

I'll pray that your friends' twins continue to do well and go home by Christmas time.

John can fall asleep anywhere and everywhere!

So glad the baby is doing better. :)

Thank you!

That's great that the hospital is working with them and letting her stay. I'm sure Tripp (who is absolutely adorable, btw) will be just fine. I'm praying that he'll be home in no time.

When my first was born the doctor wrote something up that let me stay in my room for a week while dd was being monitored for breathing problems resulting from a broken nose during birth. (She came out looking like a prize fighter.) That was way back in 1978. It was a blessing he did that for me. It helped that he was head of obstetrics at that hospital. What Dr. McGovern wanted, Dr. McGovern got, no questions asked. :)

It ended up that they didn't have a courtesy room and they were told they would try and get them a room at the Ronald McDonald house. My brother-in-law lives about 30 minutes away and they stayed with them. (We offered for them to stay with us since the hospital is just 15 minutes away but they felt more comfortable staying with parents.)

Oh my! A broken nose? Yay for your doctor being head of obstetrics!

No problem there! I was designated as the family pack mule a long time ago and nobody else seems interested in taking over the job!

Thanks for sharing the news and beautiful picture of Tripp. I hope everyone continues to recover quickly and they are all home where they belong!

I am usually the pack mule as well.

It looks like Tripp is doing well. Just have to wait for the test results.

loved the updates as always!!! Did you hear any slow, deep breaths coming from the "one who was just resting his eyes"? ;)

Prayers and good thoughts for your new little nephew. I know when we have infants born with fevers, they are usually started on a 7 day course of antibiotics after having a blood count and blood cultures done. Hoping all goes well and that nothing serious is wrong.

Oh yeah, there were deep breaths. He can fall asleep in the blink of an eye.

I think that's the route they want to take with Tripp. I haven't heard from anyone today but will text them again this afternoon and see what's going on.

I wonder if they’ll leave if I simply ignore them?

After our two week safari which, by the way, seemed more like 20 minutes or so, we decided to do a bit of exploring on the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. We made a pit stop first and Hunter modeled this hat for me. Kathy, does this remind you of anyone you know?

DSCF3359.jpg

The sign at the start of the trail:

DSCF3360.jpg

Just look at all the different color fish! Aren’t they beautiful? Did you know that you can spit in the water and the fish will come swimming up to it? Not that I’d ever do that since spitting is not very lady like and it’s probably against the Disney rules. :rolleyes1

DSCF3361.jpg

DSCF3362.jpg

DSCF3363.jpg

There were bird nests hanging from the trees and the birds entered them from the bottom. It was so neat to watch the bright yellow birds building their nests and then go into the small little holes.

DSCF3365.jpg

DSCF3366.jpg

DSCF3367.jpg

We continued along the path until we came upon the gorilla area of the trail! I was so hoping that Lily would be out and about and she was:

DSCF3368.jpg

DSCF3371.jpg

DSCF3372.jpg

There were two rather big gorillas sleeping over in the corner:

DSCF3375.jpg

Wonderful! Another butt shot!

DSCF3376.jpg

DSCF3379.jpg

DSCF3379.jpg

**Continued in next post

We moved along so that others could see the sleepy heads, Lily and her mother. As we turned the corner, we could see that more gorillas were out that morning.

DSCF3380.jpg

Look at this big guy! He was amazing to look at.

DSCF3384.jpg

He looked to be giving us the evil eye and saying “what are you looking at?”

DSCF3385.jpg

DSCF3386.jpg

DSCF3389.jpg

DSCF3390.jpg

DSCF3392.jpg

DSCF3393.jpg

Another gorilla was spotted and we watched it for a while. Look at the pictures closely, it seems like he is saying “I wonder if they’ll leave if I simply ignore them.” There was no way that I was leaving. Watching the gorillas is fascinating to me.

DSCF3395.jpg

DSCF3396.jpg

DSCF3397.jpg

DSCF3401.jpg

DSCF3402.jpg

DSCF3403.jpg

DSCF3404.jpg

DSCF3405.jpg

DSCF3406.jpg

DSCF3410.jpg

DSCF3411.jpg

Yet another gorilla sitting amongst the landscaping:

DSCF3413.jpg

DSCF3415.jpg

DSCF3416.jpg

The rest of the family was ready to move on especially since it had begun to rain a little. Had I been alone, I would have stayed there for as long as I possibly could.

A couple of pictures of the flowers growing along the pathway:

DSCF3420.jpg

DSCF3421.jpg

**Up next: Who knew a leotard could look so good on a man?

Hi Lisa,
Oh my goodness...I am sooo far behind...I just read the last few pages...sorry to hear about Tripp's fever after birth...but sounds like he is doing better...that's fantastic...he's soo cute

The gorillas are so neat to watch....I enjoy watching them, but my husband really could watch them ALL day.

John is way to funny with that backsak...lol!!!

Hi Lisa,
Oh my goodness...I am sooo far behind...I just read the last few pages...sorry to hear about Tripp's fever after birth...but sounds like he is doing better...that's fantastic...he's soo cute

The gorillas are so neat to watch....I enjoy watching them, but my husband really could watch them ALL day.

John is way to funny with that backsak...lol!!!

Good to "see" you! Isn't Tripp a cutie pie?

I could stand and watch the gorillas for hours. They are so magnificent to me.

Hi Lisa! So glad the baby is doing better! He is adorable!! Love the name, Tripp too!!

Great updates! I'm with John, not a big fan of Animal Kingdom. The only things I like about that park are Expedition Everest & (like you) the gorillas!! I could watch them all day!! I know Animal Kingdom isn't a zoo, but it does remind me of one. And I live about 10-15 minutes from the Philadelphia Zoo that we visit often. So if I had to choose one park NOT to do it would be this one! ;)

Can't wait for the next update! Pretty soon you will be starting a pre-trip report!!! :thumbsup2 I still haven't booked our trip yet! I don't know where to stay!!! :confused: I so would love to stay at CBR but just not sure if I want to spend the extra money! But having to choose a value is very hard! :confused3 Hoping to decide over the next few days so I can get this trip officially in the books!!! :laughing:

I am finally caught up....I have been so far behind!!! I am still laughing about John getting his gun when he thought someone was in the yard....I can not believe the Police did not tell you guys first.....They do know they are in Louisiana, and everyone here has a shotgun...right???

Praying for your nephews baby!

Love the updates..you guys always crack me up!

I could watch the gorillas all day. Animal Kingdom is my favorite park. Great pictures of Lily. She was never out the last time we went. The CM told me she was getting bigger and doing well.

3 lions?????????????? WOW!

That is magical, blurry or not!

Tripp is adorable, hoping it is much sooner than the up to 14 days! Good news.

Lisa - glad Tripp is OK! :goodvibes

On to your TR. Can I just say WOW WOW WOW on the gorilla shots. They are wonderful. I have never seen a shot of a gorilla drinking. That is wonderful. Such great action!

And you got TWO lions. Waaaaaah! No fair! I am so jealous. So lucky.

OK - I never realized that island was shaped like a hidden mickey. Am I the only person who doesn't know that.

John with the bag in his crotch - way too funny! :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Glad I finally saw those pictures!

Great safari pictures, especially the elephants and the closeup of the animals.

But I'm with Mary Ellen. WOW on the gorilla pictures! I remember you posted some really awesome ones from your last trip, but these are spectacular, too! The ones where the gorilla is drinking are really cool and unique. :worship::worship::worship:

Awww the baby elephant is so cute!!!! :lovestruc

Yay for the lions being out and about!! That's awesome!

Hahahaha that gorilla really does look like he's trying the "ignore them and they'll maybe leave" trick - too bad for him you weren't budging! :rotfl:

There were three lioness and one male and they were all walking and bouncing around. In all of our trips to the Animal Kingdom, that was the first time we had ever seen them moving around.

I'm soooooooooooooo jealous!!! 4 lions PLUS they were walking around!!! :thumbsup2 I feel lucky if I see one of the lions and they're almost always laying down.....kinda like your John does. :laughing:

Wonderful! Another butt shot!
My DW and I love Animal Kingdom. At home we go to the local zoo several times a year and pretty much everytime I'm there I walk away with several pictures of rhino butts!

Wow!!! You had some awesome shots of the gorillas!! And the lions out and moving?!! That has never happened in all my 2 weeks safaris! ;) They are usually lying up on a rock somewhere not doing a thing.

So glad your nephews baby is doing better, prayers continue for the little guy and his parents.

Awesome pics of the Lions, I never see them up and around, they are always sleeping when I have been there.

I love the gorilla pics too, little Lilly is getting big, I remember she was so tiny for so long. I didn't get to either trail on our last trip, that will have to be rectified next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter