Everything is moving to Saratoga Springs.

I doubt you'll see a food court at the BW sales office. Maybe a shop or two, or perhaps, if we're really lucky, a counter service place like Roaring Forks and a shop. Isn't that area next to Jellyrolls? Maybe they'll expand that into the sales area?

I agree with Captain Midnight, I think they will just use the model villas at BWV as DVC units and make the sales portion into a shop or restaurant. A restaurant like Beaches and Cream would be a nice addition and would fit in with the atmopshere of the boardwalk. I would not be happy to see a food court though.
As for SS, it makes sense to move everything there. There will be more room, easier parking etc. I can't wait to see SS, I think it is a combination of all the best parts of all the DVCs with an adult twist to it. SS will have all deluxe resort amenities available to guests like VWL,BCV,BWV, it will have the quiet and relaxed atmosphere like OKW, VWL, wil have a great pool w/slide like BCV and will have a major entertainment avenue within walking distance like BWV & BCV but instead of a park it is DTD and PI! I know I will am anxious to try this resort.

A restaurant like Beaches and Cream would be a nice addition and would fit in with the atmopshere of the boardwalk.
There's already an icecream candy place near Spoodles, isn't there? Some type of mid level relatively fast eating establishment would be nice, I agree.

There's already an icecream candy place near Spoodles, isn't there?
Yes there is Seashore Sweets right next to the Boardwalk Bakery. I meant a restaurant at BWV more for the burgers and food at Beaches and Cream than for the ice cream. Maybe they could expand the bakery by using the existing Seashore Sweets shop with tables and a bigger breakfast menu and then use some of the DVC office space for a restaurant similiar to B&C for the burgers, sandwiches and ice cream and call it Seashore Sweets & Soda Shop!

I do not think they will put in a food court, because in my opion, I believe this is a more sophisticated resort than say The Carribean or any of the All star resorts which have food courts. If I remember correctly I think our guide said they would eventually be used for occupancy.

I VOTE FOR OPENING THSE UNITS FOR MORE POINTS AT THE BWV. ESPECIALLY OCTOBER USE YEAR. WOULD THEY GO BY THE WAIT LIST?

THANKS TOM

It really looks like the BWV ground floor models and Sales areas were designed to eventually be converted to DVC member accomodations.

Disney can move Sales and the models out of that space to SSR before SSR is ready for guest occupancy. Then they can convert the ground floor BWV space and declare it into BWV inventory. That will give DVC Sales some inventory to sell after BCV is sold out and before SSR is ready for sales.

There's no reason to wait until SSR is ready for guest occupancy. The new villa buildings are just starting construction, but the old DI classroom space is in a different part of the SSR site, with its own parking. They could start converting that classroom space immediately (if they aren't already doing so).

I VOTE FOR OPENING THSE UNITS FOR MORE POINTS AT THE BWV. ESPECIALLY OCTOBER USE YEAR. WOULD THEY GO BY THE WAIT LIST?
Tom, your words to God's ears! I am also on a wait list for Oct at BWV and there are 60+ people ahead of me!!!! I wonder if we have a chance?

"The opening of the first phase is scheduled for May 2004, in which all of the amenities -- check-in, pool, restaurants -- will be operational. Then Disney will open one building a month with the completion date scheduled for May 2005."

Interesting timetable from a recently posted article link at:
http://www.saratogian.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=6990482&BRD=1169&PAG=461&dept_id=17708&rfi=8
"Saratoga, Disney style," by DEANNA AMORE, The Saratogian, February 09, 2003.

We just came back from a Disney Cruise and stopped at Downtown Disney before our flight. We noticed all the construction going on across the water from where we were standing. Is this the future SS? Also, are there any links that have future photos, info., etc?

Thanks!

Deb

In keeping with the tradition of the coney Island Boardwalk, how about a Nathan? Ha! Ha! Not really NATHAN'S-but how about (as was mentioned previously) an old fashioned counter style diner w/ burgers and fries and hot dogs and shakes and vanilla cokes and egg creams!Very nostalgic.

P.S.-My family are from Brooklyn and I grew up w/ all of the lore of Coney Island.

Yes-I gueess so-right down to the entertaining wait staff!!
That would actually work well in that setting, but I think the food court concept was more cost effective-from a customers perspective.
I do like the Johnny rockets type of a place though.

Very interesting, and it does make sense.

Boardwalk breakfast-with NY bagels and bacon,egg&cheese sandwhiches!

Is anyone at DVC reading these ideas?

Dream and speculate all you want about a food service facility where the BWV models and sales office are now located -- but it ain't gonna happen. That space has low, residential ceilings. There's no way to install the ductwork that a food service facility requires. It wasn't designed as restaurant space.

I expect conversion to more BWV units.

Now, if you'd like to dream and speculate about better use of the Atlantic Dance Hall building, at least you'd have a chance seeing something happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter