Everything is moving to Saratoga Springs.

anniet

DIS Veteran
While we were at VWL recently, we toured the model of BCV and I was speaking with the guide who mentioned that EVERYTHING DVC- Sales, Accounting, Member Services are all going to be located at the new Saratoga Springs Resort. He said they will have seperate cast parking and the buildings will look enough like Saratoga Springs so that DVC members won't notice a difference, but apparently everything will be there including Sales, which I imagine will bring a lot of traffic from guests interested in buying.

I hadn't heard this before, so I thought I would pass it along.

Annie T.

Interesting. Wonder what Disney will do with the space on the Boardwalk now occupied by DVC??

I vote for a FOOD COURT!!!

Yes we need a food court just because there is a kitchen in the room doesn't mean we want to cook!!!:p

Originally posted by DVC-Don
I thought Member Services is in Celebration?

That's what I said, however according to the guide, they will be moving to Saratoga Springs. (Resort that is, not NY):)

I believe Accounting is in Celebration as well. I guess they want everyone in one spot.

That makes sense!

The new Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa will reuse the main "campus" facilities of the former Disney Institute. I imagine they'll reopen the old Seasons restaurant (with a new name, new menu, and new interior) and that they'll use the Disney Institute's lobby and retail space, And, of course, the Disney Institute Spa will become the spa for the new resort.

But the Disney Institute also had all sorts of classroom and performance space -- not something that Saratoga Springs needs. So, my guess would be that that's where accounting, administration, and Member Services will go. It's better to reuse that unneeded space than to occupy high-rent office space in Celebration.

And I like the idea that Member Services will be located at a DVC resort. I think it will connect Member Services with the DVC members better, even if there's no direct face-to-face interaction.

Finally, this is another indication that DVC will eventually take over the entire former Disney Institute site. The 194 units that are now under construction are just phase one. I expect several more phases, with hundreds of additional units. And I don't expect to see the DVC resort at Eagle Pines for a long, long time.

I don't expect to see the DVC resort at Eagle Pines for a long, long time.
Probably true. How many units are expected for Saratoga Springs? Is it near a golf course?

The proximity to Downtown Disney activities will be nice, as well as possibly a lower point structure than BCV & WLV. Eagle Pines might not be needed. What would it have besides maybe golf that Saratoga Springs wouldn't have? And Saratoga Springs will have a Spa, woterfront and DD access.

Pulling the DVC support services out of Celebration and placing them at at resort makes great sense.

Originally posted by CaptainMidnight
Probably true. How many units are expected for Saratoga Springs? Is it near a golf course?

The clubhouse for the Lake Buena Vista Course (which runs thru OKW) is right there and the former DI Fairway Villas are situated around the same course. SSR has room for a much larger numebr of villas than currently at OKW.

I agree that the infrastructure for housing the DVC offices already exists right at the former DI buildings.

If the first phase of SSR is successful, using other areas of the former WDW Village/DI resort would be a simple matter for expansion.

Stay Tuned!

At least parts of SSR will be on LBV golf course (same as OKW) or at least adjacent to it. I agree with previous posters, I don't see Eagle Pines in the the near future. I wonder if the Treehouse Villas will be refurb'd to be DVC as well. I know that they can't tear them down and rebuild, but didn't know if they would try to make these DVC in some way.

I plan to add on some points at Saratoga Springs - I like that it's close to Downtown Disney because that is where I am every night.

My guide says I shouldn't count on a lower point structure for SS like the one OKW has. She said that among other things (like the on-property spa), the resort pool will have a waterslide, so it's likely that the point structure will be more comparable to VWL/BCV/BVW preferred than to OKW. (Technically VWL and BCV don't have waterslides, but they do have access to themed pools with waterslides). This is unfortunate - I would love to have an OKW point structure at SS, but it looks like I'll still be booking some OKW trips 7 months out to save points. And I couldn't care less about the waterslide!

Food court! Foor court! Food court!

Originally posted by CarolMN
I vote for a FOOD COURT!!!

I second that.
biggthumpup.gif

I was told it would all be moving to Celebration which didn't make sense to me overall, this would make more sense, at least for the sales.

I agree about the food court but I bet the restaurants on the boardwalk would veto. We have never eaten at any of them because of price and selection but would eat 3 times a day at a food court if they had one. The only reason this may happen is that there are NO rooms on ground level at the Boardwalk so it just may be possible. Anyone else think they would do something different?

QUOTE]Food court! Foor court! Food court![/QUOTE]

Zurg,
Is that all you think about?

OK, it would be nice.

Rob

I agree about the food court but I bet the restaurants on the boardwalk would veto. We have never eaten at any of them because of price and selection but would eat 3 times a day at a food court if they had one. The only reason this may happen is that there are NO rooms on ground level at the Boardwalk so it just may be possible.
I don't know, seems like if I remember right, they have three two bedroom rooms they could easily redecorate and make available to guests in the sales model that would require very little conversion. Other than the waiting area and offices, it almost looked like it was ready to turn back into resort accomodations. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. The front waiting area will turn into another storefront shop. Building commercial kitchen areas without first planning all the plumbing requirements is probably cost prohibative, compared to adding another nice storefront. Perhaps a toy store, or clothing shop. Maybe the most resort friendly option might be a spa area, although that seems to be more in line with SS and it's too distant from the workout area.

I doubt a food court.

I really truly hope that they would not put a food court at boardwalk villas!!! Maybe a "counter service" place like roaring forks, but not a food court!!

Day one of sales sign me up for 500 points.. I'm not kidding !! We have been waiting for a DVC to open near DD..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter