Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

Anyone else having problems getting their uber through resort security for a pick up when not a guest?

I needed an uber from disney springs to cabana bay universal last night about midnight and we decided hopping the first boat we saw to a hotel would be easier than trying to find our driver in the parking lot. We admittedly got off at the wrong stop and needed an uber from the DVC area of Saratoga (we got ourselves rather lost...). When the driver arrived security refused to let him through, demanded a name and a room number and I explained we were just two extremely lost people trying to get out and they refused to let the driver through. We had to hike out from the back end of that complex to the security gate! About half mile left & they finally let our driver through.

Not Uber's fault as I thought Disney Security had relaxed about uber pick ups? We plan on one from F&W to animal kingdom in a couple days, I was going to do as advised here and go to Boardwalk or Beach Club and order an Uber but I don't want to have to hoof it to a security gate like that again!

(And our driver last night was great about all of it, he tried his best and was nice to security and they finally let him through for it!)

I havent had any issues on this matter yet. Honestly, If I had been the driver, Idve been howling for his leader. wdw is well aware that nonresort guests will be departing from the resorts.

I have noticed they are asking for riders for magicbands or ID even for an ADR. This started about a week ago, and of course, is not being done consistently.

We did have to scan our MB to enter at BC when being dropped off but we had a pick up at AKL Kidani and the driver had no problems getting in to pick us up. We were not resort guests

I'm guessing you got a guard that wanted to use more control than he is supposed to. They are out there sadly

1. Coronado Springs to Poly early morning (we have an ADR) . have to pick up in front of resort? how long will it take some to respond? can we request you as a driver?

I have noticed they are asking for riders for magicbands or ID even for an ADR.

I've ALWAYS had to show an ID at a guard gate, unless I already had the parking pass for that resort. When MBs came in they'll use those, too, but I rarely wear mine when not in a park so I still show ID.

1. Coronado Springs to Poly early morning (we have an ADR) . have to pick up in front of resort? how long will it take some to respond? can we request you as a driver?

coronado will usually be a 5 min or less wait. you cant request a specific driver. the system sends whoever is closest, usually.

Where is the pick up for pop century? Will they come right to the main building?

So I decided to ditch the rental car and go with Uber for my upcoming trip to Universal and Disney World. (Except from the airport, where I'm using a Super Shuttle to get to the Cabana Bay Resort). I will be going to the MVMCP on Fri the 20th. I'm assuming getting there from Cabana Bay should not be an issue but where should I call for a pick-up when the party is over? The Contemporary or the TCC, which would be easiest on the driver?

We took an UberXL from Beach Club tonight and got to talking. It was Rob! I told him how much we appreciate having the straight scoop about Uber from him. We used Uber twice today--Food and Wine madness--and it was totally painless. We plan to use it again. Thanks, Rob! Nice to meet you!

(1) Will Uber pick up at the Orlando Amtrak station and go to Animal Kingdom Lodge? If so, is there a special area at the train station where pickups are done?

(2) Is there any way to request a 15-minute grocery stop en route?

(3) For 2 adults, 2 carry-on-size bags, and a few bags of groceries (assuming this is possible), are we talking UberXL?

Thanks so much!

1) Yes
2) Just ask the driver. Usually its not an issue
3) You probably will make it with X. Its hard to say. X is a sedan, usually a smaller one. XL is a minivan or suv.

So I decided to ditch the rental car and go with Uber for my upcoming trip to Universal and Disney World. (Except from the airport, where I'm using a Super Shuttle to get to the Cabana Bay Resort). I will be going to the MVMCP on Fri the 20th. I'm assuming getting there from Cabana Bay should not be an issue but where should I call for a pick-up when the party is over? The Contemporary or the TCC, which would be easiest on the driver?

You should requested to be picked up at the TTC. The Uber driver would go to the MK parking tolls, but they would tell the cast member they are picking you up. The cast member will direct them to the pick up area at the TTC.

We got back from W&D race last week and used Uber every day while we were there. Used Boardwalk almost exclusively, except the one drop off at Epcot for the race. Drivers had zero issues getting in - just had to show ID each time. Our only bad ride was after the race the driver who picked us up at 3:00 am at Boardwalk had a rather drunk passenger with him in the front passenger seat. Driver was fine. He was a very friendly drunk, just made us a bit uncomfortable. We did not want to wait around for another driver (we were exhausted by that point) and it all was fine. Between us, DD25 and I spent around $140 on Uber rides. One was surge pricing, one was a ride to the airport. Other than that, around $4-5 each way from Bonnet Creek to Boardwalk and back, sometimes 2 times a day. In all we were happy and will use them again when we stay offsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter