Ever see anything totally shocking and unexpected on a cruise?

On our recent Western cruise, we had just walked out of our stateroom and were walking down the hall towards the stairs when a family opened their stateroom door to walk out. DH heard the grandma say “I have so much gas I feel like the Hindenburg!” :lmao:

(Apologies to grandma if you are reading this forum)

We saw a man at the adult pool throw a metal beer bottle cap into the pool and looked on while another man stepped on it and cut his foot. Medical attention arrived, the pool had to be drained etc.
Beer Daddy sat on the lounge chair and kept sipping on his bottle as if he'd done nothing wrong.

I have read this post from the start and just giggle every time we get a new post! Thanks to everyone for sharing their funny stories!:lmao:

KEY WEST 2002

We were on our verandah, watching the sunset at Key West, and had all the little boats going by, then a big Catamaran came past and everyone on the top deck was completely naked and waving their bits around for sunset.

Hope they covered themselves with extra suncream.:)

Andrew Derek-I hope you know how much you are appreciated! I read this comment and it reminded me of my sweet English mum who passed away a couple of years ago! I'd only ever heard them referred to as 'bits' by mom and Austin Powers until this! :laughing: Thanks for your humor and your wisdom!

We saw a man at the adult pool throw a metal beer bottle cap into the pool and looked on while another man stepped on it and cut his foot. Medical attention arrived, the pool had to be drained etc.
Beer Daddy sat on the lounge chair and kept sipping on his bottle as if he'd done nothing wrong.

Seriously? What a jerk, (not the word I really wanted to use).
:mad:

I came upon a few adults smoking some "funny" cigerettes on deck 4 about 2 in the morning...

A Carnival cruise... in March... was a woman that was 80ish... in a bikini... and was so "wrinkled" from a life of being in the sun.... she looked like a wrinkle dog from the front...

However... from the back... her rear sagged... in rows of wrinkles, almost down to the back of her knees... There were 17 separate wrinkles! :rotfl2:

Ok, how do I know 17? We had a contest (after many drinks :drinking1 ) to see who would be brave enough to count them. We managed to arrange chairs near her... wait until she flipped and then started snoring :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry, it was childish on our part but OH MY GOSH... ever hear of sun screen? :wave2:
Just amazing

This is one of those really old threads that has been resurrected, but I must say it made for enjoyable reading while having my morning coffee!

My pre-teen daughter learned a lot about anatomy at Orient Beach....there is supposedly a family friendly area, but we sure didn't find it. The funny thing is that I expected topless women--wrong! In DD's language, all the "swimsuit optional" people were "gross, fat old men." Her best comments were about the one who was "petting it."

Yes, Orient Beach definately ruined all future clothing-optional beaches for my teens.

While at Castaway Cay we noticed a lady in a thong. My DS who's 6 asked me why she had her butt out. I shushed him and didn't pay her any mind. We went and sat down and thong lady was sitting ahead of us. She sat in her hubby's lap as he proceeded to rub suntan lotion all over her butt. Which was kind of difficult since she was sitting. As she got up he smacked her a few times on the butt. DS said to me "Wow mommy she must be a bad girl" :rotfl2: I told him not to worry about it.

We saw a woman walking along the adult beach at Castaway Cay topless. We were in a cabana and I said to my husband, "is that a man or a woman?" Embarrassing for her I guess since it was hard to tell......:rotfl2: This was on May 11th btw

My first cruise was on non-Disney on a seven day Western Caribbean itinerary; the ship was less than six months old. In seven days:

1. A passenger jumped from one of the sports decks onto the pool deck and had to be removed using a helicopter basket rescue.

2. We picked up 12 people sailing off the north shore of Cuba on a teeny tiny makeshift raft. They were turned over to the authorities when we returned to Miami.

3. One of the engines died. We had to skip our final stop so we could limp back to Miami and stay on time.

No extra charge for all of this excitement!

I thank the person to bring this thread back to life... Learned a lot... now I know to expect thongs, spee-don'ts, and hairy people!!! Oh and the rare 4-5 year old breastfeeding.

Here's a funny one:

I was on a Disney Cruise back in 2009. We were on our way to dinner when Minnie and her cast member showed up. All of a sudden, an elevator door opened where there were people in there. Minnie and her cast member all of a sudden go in.

Here's a funny one:

I was on a Disney Cruise back in 2009. We were on our way to dinner when Minnie and her cast member showed up. All of a sudden, an elevator door opened where there were people in there. Minnie and her cast member all of a sudden go in.

Must have been cool for the Guests in the elevator to take a ride with Minnie!

Bet it was a magical moment for them!

Ex Techie :)

While in PC, standing by the rail, a boat came by, and multiple people on the boat mooned the Magic and the Carnival ship that were in the port.

While in port at St. Maarten, walking along the beach, and saw multiple female topless sunbathers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter