Ever see anything totally shocking and unexpected on a cruise?

My husband and I were the victims of this embarrassing moment, but I am sure the witnesses had a nice laugh.

A few years ago when we were on a cruise, DH, DS and DD were enjoying the pool as I sat poolside. I had asked them several times to get out of the pool because we needed to get ready for dinner. Upon loosing my patience, loudly showing my exasperation, I called to my family to get out of the pool. About that time my DS yelled out "Just a sec". My loud response was "We do not have time for secs (sex). Of course all eyes around the pool looked at me and then at my husband standing there with a shocked expression. :guilty:

I laugh everytime I hear someone say "Just a sec".

SweetMagic said:
My husband and I were the victims of this embarrassing moment, but I am sure the witnesses had a nice laugh.

A few years ago when we were on a cruise, DH, DS and DD were enjoying the pool as I sat poolside. I had asked them several times to get out of the pool because we needed to get ready for dinner. Upon loosing my patience, loudly showing my exasperation, I called to my family to get out of the pool. About that time my DS yelled out "Just a sec". My loud response was "We do not have time for secs (sex). Of course all eyes around the pool looked at me and then at my husband standing there with a shocked expression. :guilty:

HOW funny..... :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

SweetMagic said:

Very funny story. My favorite part of it was that this is your first post on the boards! Welcome, and what a first post. :earboy2:

This is a really great thread. I woke up the entire family for laughing so loud. :rotfl2: I wish I had a life enough to contribute but thanks for allowing me to live a part of yours. :rotfl:

a few years ago there was a foreign gentleman in the spa wearing, NOT his bathing suit, but instead his underwear. several days he was there. he had not the first clue that he was dressed differently than anyone else.

another story - not cruise related but still funny. had a pool and back fence neighbor saw my mom in the grocery store and hollered down the isle... "nancy - I didn't recognize you with your clothes on!" He was used to seeing her in her bathing suit but for those that heard... too funny.

Great thread - some funny stories, some just gross:teeth:

The thing I can't believe is that someone would jump off Deck 4 into a harbour - what a complete dingdong!!! It would be so easy to DIE from that - not to mention who knows what the heck is in the harbour! For some reason that whole notion just gives me the giant heebeejeebeeies!:crazy2: :crazy2:

......I f-i-n-a-l-l-y- know how to spell that word..... (FROM POST #46):

"heebeejeebeeies":laughing:

p.s. OMG! I am laughing so hard writing this - via reading these posts that I am actually tearing up from laughing so much ! :crazy2:

I have only been on 1 so my only thing is the very overweight woman who had several thongs she wore the entire cruise. Even on CC. She was just way to big for a thong.

We did the Med summer of '07...a friend who had been aboard for a while had been taking photos of "Spee-dont's" during her stint on the Magic. After we disembarked our family hung out on Las Ramblas where we saw the ULTIMATE SPEEDON'T! There was an 70-80something year old man who was strutting down the street, his bare chest bedecked in chains of gold. At first glance it looked like a Speedo, till I realized it was body paint!!!!! :scared1:
I spewed my Coke Light across the table onto my poor unsuspecting husband. All the kids and DH tried to pay the bill so fast so they could follow and grab a photo on their phones! They were out of luck.

Our second surprise came on the Golden Eagle Catamaran excursion. The kids came back to the catamaran after snorkeling to find the more liberal island guests hanging out...literally. As my boys informed me, the older guys...gals too, were on jet skis and with heads hung and shaking in disgust, they answered...."Mom, it was just wrong...just wrong.":rotfl2:

This story is not funny at all, but still very shocking as it was the LAST thing I expected to see on a cruise. We were on the Magic this past April and we were leaving dinner at Lumiere's one night and there was a woman who was also leaving and she slipped and fell down those three or so steps by the statue in the atrium and she broke her leg or her ankle right there next to us. It was heart breaking to see her lying on the floor in pain on a Disney cruise (or anywhere else for that matter). We saw her in a wheelchair a few times during the rest of the cruise and really felt badly that her trip turned out like that.

I have only been on 1 so my only thing is the very overweight woman who had several thongs she wore the entire cruise. Even on CC. She was just way to big for a thong.

Maybe she was large enough that on her it looked like a thong.

Not pleasant, & very shocking experience.

Last year, we were sitting at the Mickey Pool watching our kids, when we saw one boy, who was a bully, dunking & hitting other children. He kept on dunking another little boy under water & splashing him. My DSIL & I yelled at the bully, to leave the younger boy alone.

Geez where were these boys parents? All of a sudden this Man comes dashing out of now where, & goes over to the bully, & starts to splash him (very ruffly, & tried to dunk him) saying to the bully, leave my son alone. How, does it feel huh? :scared1:

It was quite scary, meanwhile the bully's parent was no where in site.

A woman... who um squeezed herself into a black and green skin suit to go snorkeling... Ok now granted CC water was not the bath water we experienced at Cocoa Beach but dear gussy no one needed to put on a neck to ankle wet suit (thin.... way too thin!) to go snorkeling! Let me tell you every pock mark from cellulite showed... and jiggled as she walked up the beach. My dad nearly spit his drink everywhere! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Wow! I didn't know that I was "totally shocking and unexpected." I wear a one piece snorkeling suit (over a regular swimsuit) everytime I go to Castaway Cay because I need to keep as much of my skin covered as possible because of skin cancer. I wear this suit at every beach I ever visit. One cancer was enough.

On a lighter note: We saw brown booobies on the Panama Canal cruise in August 2005. Even the captain saw them. Unfortunately he didn't realize most passengers didn't realize a brown boooby is a bird (Sula leucogaster) when he referenced them in a ship-wide announcement. There were joking references to the bird throughout the rest of the cruise.

There are no lifeguards at the pools on the ship. There is a CM positioned at the top of the slide to regulate when kids go down and make sure they don't land on each other at the bottom and one who watches the bottom of the slide but it is pretty much up to the parents to police the activities in the pool.

We saw brown booobies on the Panama Canal cruise in August 2005. Even the captain saw them. Unfortunately he didn't realize most passengers didn't realize a brown boooby is a bird (Sula leucogaster) when he referenced them in a ship-wide announcement. There were joking references to the bird throughout the rest of the cruise.

Wasn't that a hoot! Captain Tom made an announcement about several Brown ****ies being spotted from the bridge. It became the joke of the cruise.....

At Orient Beach on St. Maarten, we saw a ways down the beach a harry, tubby "white" guy that decided to do the beach neked. The reason I say he was a "white" guy is because he was mostly white with a nice Flaming Red stripe across "where the sun don't shine" We don't know how he managed to sit down for the next week. Fortunately we didn't see his front side, but I imagine that it was just a red as the backside. And speaking as a guy, I can't imagine how THAT feels!:eek:

My pre-teen daughter learned a lot about anatomy at Orient Beach....there is supposedly a family friendly area, but we sure didn't find it. The funny thing is that I expected topless women--wrong! In DD's language, all the "swimsuit optional" people were "gross, fat old men." Her best comments were about the one who was "petting it."

My pre-teen daughter learned a lot about anatomy at Orient Beach....there is supposedly a family friendly area, but we sure didn't find it. The funny thing is that I expected topless women--wrong! In DD's language, all the "swimsuit optional" people were "gross, fat old men." Her best comments were about the one who was "petting it."

lol :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter