Ever see anything totally shocking and unexpected on a cruise?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by JRLINK3, Nov 7, 2004.

1. extechie rbd/wdt

extechie rbd/wdt DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mcmckuf

mcmckuf Mouseketeer

Just off the Magic, last cruise from PC...sad to say...

Anyhow...

Our family of 4, standing outside AP and overheard one CM say loudly to another...[Heavily accented]

"Dodie, I have to go to the bathroom....I'll be right back...it's a number 2!"

We couldn't stop laughing the rest of the evening...

4. ranidayz

ranidayz DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

On our Dream cruise last year, we were checking for our bags outside our room on the first day and were inturrupted by a loud ruckus. It was the lady two doors down screaming at her children about what a 'good for nothing piece of....." their father was and many other expletives. Since my luggage wasn't there and they obviously had some personal issue, I went back into the stateroom. When I checked a little later for the luggage, she was still outside screaming, but this time at her husband who hurled some expletives back at her and stomped down the hall. These were not the sort I expected on a Disney Cruise.

Skip to the first dinner and who is sitting at the table next to us -- yes, it's the woman and her family and she is still very upset at the husband. I probably wouldn't have recognized her if not for the very distinctive tattoos and unusual hair color. But it was interesting watching the couple when they did come to dinner on some of the nights.

On a happy, unexpected note..... I had to dry some laundry and of course, remembered this at about 2 am. I bolted out of the bed and ran to the laundry room...who should saunter in but Goofy in a nightshirt and night cap with a handler. Goofy and I 'chatted' for a while, he took a snooze on the ironing board and then he left. I didn't have my camera, but I would have loved a picture of that!

5. disneybeachprincess

disneybeachprincess Disney Girl from Day One

& saddened by how much food is wasted on cruises...:sick:

6. dclpluto

dclpluto Mouseketeer

I was on a dcl med cruise in 2010. we were in france the excursion came with ice cream at a restaurant so after i ate my ice cream there was a worker that took his shirt off and washed the upper half of his body than he washed his hair right in the restaurant in a sink.

7. princessjadesmom

princessjadesmom Mouseketeer

On our January cruise we were waiting to board a tender boat to go to St. Thomas. A boy in front of us was boarding the tender when it began drifting away from the ship. The boy had one foot on the ship and one on the tender, then he fell into the water between the two and hit his chin on the boat on the way down. They pulled him up out of the water and took him to get stitches.

8. BillO

BillO Earning My Ears

We were on the Disney Wonder in December of 2008 when the gangway collapsed during a violent storm at the port. Luckily no one was crossing at the time. The remaining passengers had to be picked up at another location at the port.

9. Suz D

Suz D DIS Veteran

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

10. zealandsmom

zealandsmom DIS Veteran

What? No cover at all? I bet you made sure you covered your face up before drinking your coffee....you know better I assume?!

Any place is proper to nurse a child..... You see more ****s lounging in a bathing suit at the pool......

11. SoCaOC-Mom

SoCaOC-Mom DIS Veteran

I get moving peoples stuff if they are try to "save" chairs but I don't understand why a CM would tell a pregnant woman that her belly had to be covered. There is no rule that women/girls must be in a one piece.

Personally, I wouldn't wear a two piece that exposed my middle but if I did and a CM or a guest asked me to cover it, I would tell them to go scratch.

12. SoCaOC-Mom

SoCaOC-Mom DIS Veteran

That's what I would like to know...

13. SoCaOC-Mom

SoCaOC-Mom DIS Veteran

The OP never said anything about beasts being exposed, just a belly. I have "tank-ini's" that I could if I wanted to pull the belly part up not show anything above it.

14. SoCaOC-Mom

SoCaOC-Mom DIS Veteran

Do you put a blanket over your head when you eat?

15. SoCaOC-Mom

SoCaOC-Mom DIS Veteran

What was the point of that statement? That firm and well shaped breast are tolerable to look at for the purpose of breast feeding but "saggy udders" are not?

16. SoCaOC-Mom

SoCaOC-Mom DIS Veteran

You and your spouse must have tremendous restraint, because if someone knock my child to the ground and cause them to bleed and didn't apologize, never mind they were jumping the que, the police/sheriff would need to be called and I or my DH would be the ones who ended up leaving in hand cuffs.

17. TinkLoverSam

TinkLoverSam DIS Veteran

On our first cruise last October on the WonderDH and I wanted to get our picture taken by the Ariel statue on either formal or sem-fomal night. An older gentleman and his apparently plastic wife set up their tripod and shooed everyone away for the whole half hour we had before dinner attempting to get the perfect picture. We couldn't even get near the statue without him shooing us away never mind actually getting a picture there while dressed up!

18. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

The beast was exposing himself? Does Belle know about this?

19. SallySkelington

SallySkelington <In mourning of my lost tag>

:rotfl: I should hope not, she might get beastly herself.

20. breakingd_awn

breakingd_awn DIS Veteran

On our last cruise we were at the Mickey pool and a little boy just stood up pulled his #@$# out and peed right in the pool.:eek: I never get in the pools.

21. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

On our first DCL cruise, a 4 day Bahamian, we had signed up for the Blackbeard Cay Stingray excursion.

The boat we took to get to Blackbeard Cay was shared by DCL families as well as people from the other ship that was docked that day, a Carnival cruise ship.

The ride there was fine. The ride back was nothing less than X-rated as two of the women from the Carnival group decided to take off their bathing suit tops and flash the Bahamian construction guys that were working on sites we cruised past to get back to the port. They were dancing around and whooping it up topless while their boyfriends/husband's looked on enjoying the show.:eek:

The fact that there were a ton of little kids around (my own two included) as well as some teenagers seemed to mean nothing to them. Perhaps this group was just a very bad example, but it left me with the thought that I would never take my kids on a Carnival cruise ever. Party Boat indeed!