Ever had one too many at the parks?

I thought this was going to be about having 3 or 5 people in your group. :rotfl2:

Im lying in bed while my dh is downstairs watching Game of Thrones or whatever its called and literally lol'd when I read your post. Thank you lol

Had a couple of Hopageddons from Block and Hans and then a couple from Unibroue choices at the Canada cart and wine with dinner at Le Cellier and then the dessert offerings come...(btw- I get very silly when I've had too much)...

waitress...'blah, blah, blah, chocolate mousse'

me, "I LIKE MOUSSE!" (said like Micheal Keaton's "I like Pizza." character/copy from Multiplicity.)

dw, 'honey that's a kids' dessert'

me, "I LIKE MOUSSE!"

me, "I LIKE MOUSSE!"

DW gives in/realizes the futility and I got the mousse...

7512d1373910016-chocolate-mousse-le-cellier-img_0648.jpg

Me, "I don't like this MOOSE."

dw's adult dessert get's delivered.

me, "I want DAT mousse."

dw, "NOOOPE!"

Wife has been teasing me about it for a few years now.

EDIT- Pretty sure I pouted like a little kid over ending up with a chocolate moose.

Last edited:
Had a couple of Hopageddons from Block and Hans and then a couple from Unibroue choices at the Canada cart and wine with dinner at Le Cellier and then the dessert offerings come...(btw- I get very silly when I've had too much)...

me, "I LIKE MOUSSE!"

me, "I LIKE MOUSSE!"

me, "I LIKE MOUSSE!"

DW gives in and I got the mousse...

me, "I want DAT mousse."

dw, "NOPE!"

Bahaha!!!!

No, never. It's so crowded at the parks and there are so many other people to consider that it's not a place where I would like to lose control. I have an occasional drink during the vacation, but I make sure to be extra responsible and use moderation, even more than I would at home.

At the boardwalk, had a couple of beers in the summer heat = when passing by the Funnel Cake kiosk, instead of simply reading the sign (and maybe not reading it out loud!), I loudly proclaimed (mispronouncing it on purpose) "FUNNEL COCKS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA" - embarrassed my husband to death!
:worship:

Surprisingly, no. Might have once. If we didn't have to leave the resort bar for a Magic Kingdom dinner reservation!
Might have problems this trip, though. Going with my husband instead of my mom and we're staying at Yacht Club so the walking to Epcot thing might entice us

Want to clarify: I don't like getting out of control in front of children, so when I say "have problems" it's more like getting tipsy and actually feeling the alcohol, not "have problems" being a person haha

No but we saw a lot OF PEOPLE at EC the week of Easter that had WAY TOO MANY. We were there for 9 nights and spent a lot of evenings at EC. We did the same trip 2 years ago and felt that THIS F&G had a lot more kiosks with food/alcohol. The Sat. before Easter EC was pretty crowded more so than other days and there were lots of people indulging in spirits that day. LOL

yes.

in January I did what my group ended up naming The Apple Cider Marathon. AKA you drink every apple cider ale at epcot... guess what... there's only like 3 and once you have a good buzz going you realize how long the walk is back and forth from the UK to the American pavilion. My group consisted of beer connoisseurs so they were drinking at every stop, I however don't drink beer and only enjoy things like Angry Orchard, Strongbow etc We ended up getting fireball cinnamon whiskey and someone proceeded to include it in my angry orchard (which is..the most tasty thing ever) but I'm very much so a light weight when it comes to drinking so after that one we proceeded to do what my group ended up naming

The Epcot Tour Around The World's Bathrooms Marathon where I proceeded to use the bathroom at every Pavilion in World Showcase and ended the night with a croissant donut topped with chocolate ice cream.

In my experience, it's not terribly easy to get accidentally tipsy with mixed drinks in WDW. I'm a small girl and I don't normally drink a lot, but the amount of drinks that gets me tipsy at home is way less than the amount that it takes to get me tipsy in WDW. I usually opt for the fun fruity drinks so the sugar bothers me before the alcohol does anyway. DH goes with beer and does not experience a disney tolerance warp.

I am really excited to try dole whip with rum, maybe I'll be accidentally tipsy with that one :fish:

me, "I LIKE MOUSSE!"

me, "I LIKE MOUSSE!"

me, "I LIKE MOUSSE!"

DW gives in and I got the mousse...

me, "I want DAT mousse."

dw, "NOPE!"

:rotfl2:OH MY GOSH - I don't know why this struck me so funny but I literally had tears streaming down my cheeks!

We ended up getting fireball cinnamon whiskey and someone proceeded to include it in my angry orchard (which is..the most tasty thing ever)

Yes! These are horrible. blech! I have done the drinking around the world for my birthday and some tastings for the festivals. FYI pretty much ANY drink from the china pavilion has surprised me! They don't mess around there. I don't have any stories myself, but I have seen some funny things though so I will share those.

I saw a group of guys wearing kilts dancing on the fountain edge in the American pavilion during F&W. The CM's didn't tell them to get down. I am guessing they didn't have the heart to do it and just pretended they didn't see!

I also witnessed a break-up that same night, which sounds like it would be a horrible story, but it was somehow incredibly funny. Mostly because I think the girl was having a different conversation than her much more sober boyfriend.

But my craziest story was from the princess half marathon weekend. We left EP at closing and hopped a bus to AKL. A guy boarded alone and sat down (we all had seats on the bus because it had been raining all night and the parks cleared). He leaned his head against the storage "hump" directly across from me and fell asleep and I didn't think much about it. Suddenly as we are cruising down Osceola Parkway he JUMPS up out of his seat and the momentum of the bus immediately makes him fly down the aisle (he was in the very front seat so it was quite literally the entire aisle) and slammed head first into the metal arm of the back door. Of course everyone asked if he was ok and without a word he stumbled back up to a seat. We arrived and he got off the bus quickly while the driver seemed to be panicking a little. Assuming he could find his room that night, he was going to have a rough morning.

Tipsy? Oh, yes but we (my BFF and daughter) waited until we got back to the Yacht Club to go over the edge. It was pouring down rain so what else could we do? LOL

One night we were standing by the bathrooms in England. There was a group of college students standing beside us.

One of the girls came out of the bathroom and rejoined them. One of the guys (pointing and yelling as loudly as he could) "This girl right here just took a big ole DUMP!!"

She was mortified!! We laughed about it for the rest of the night.

A few years back, I was inside the American Adventure attraction when a slurring, stumbling "lady" got up, began to walk towards the exit, and started shoving people and cursing. If my children were not present, and totally freaked out, I'd have prob tried to coax this fool out of the American Adventure and flag down the burliest Colonial clad CMs I could find. I instantly feel like going wild spider monkey (like going ape, but smaller, and more sprightly) if someone scares a child in my presence. I may have been smaller than her, but I was sober and filled with patriotic pride and Disney mojo.

Last edited:
The top of Spaceship Earth is fantastic after a long day at the wine and food.

Yes! These are horrible. blech! I have done the drinking around the world for my birthday and some tastings for the festivals. FYI pretty much ANY drink from the china pavilion has surprised me! They don't mess around there. I don't have any stories myself, but I have seen some funny things though so I will share those.

This! A couple of years ago I discovered the Cantaloopy; it was delicious and tasted like straight cantaloupe juice, so I had a few. About 10 minutes after I drank the last one I was loopy alright. I learned that China doesn't mess around with the amount of alcohol in their drinks.

DH and I went to Food and Wine last November for our Anniversary and I was pretty tipsy from my margarita at La Cava so we decided to head out around 3:30 pm. We hit the festival building on the way out and received some pixie dust and were asked if we wanted free entry into a wine tasting. After the tasting we were talking with the presenter and the CMs encouraged us to have some of the wine from the empty seats because it was just going to be thrown out. We stumbled out to our resort bus around 6:30 pm, got back to our room around 7 pm where we promptly passed out and slept until 7:30 the next morning. Not exciting by any means but, when you're the parents of two young kids, sleeping for 12 hours is pretty rare!

You are lucky... I quit doing most of the presentations after watching the rudest CMs in Disney literally SCREAM and almost physically attack a guest who dared to take a sip of a glass on the EMPTY table behind her. They SCREAMED "DO NOT TOUCH THOSE WE HAVE TO THROW THEM OUT" And then started SHOVING towards the tables to "protect" the wine (which they then pour into a bucket LOL!) The best part, the wine rep interceded and SHOUTED back "I gave the wine to the guests, they can drink it" Little Miss "rude hostess" and her CM friends went STORMING up to him while the guests guzzled the wine. (And little miss "Rude Hostess" is there every year. If she knows you and you are her friend you can have extra wine etc.. otherwise she is flat out rude, not to mention she thinks we call came to hear her talk about her baseball team etc... _)

To the rest of you "pull on your flameproof suits" I expect the "no drinking at Disney" crowd who were blessed with the ability to spot drunks from miles away will soon come to lecture you on how bad you are LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter