Ever had one too many at the parks?

Well I am looking forward to having a few drinks on my upcoming trip. The "few" may turn into plenty.:ssst:

You are lucky... I quit doing most of the presentations after watching the rudest CMs in Disney literally SCREAM and almost physically attack a guest who dared to take a sip of a glass on the EMPTY table behind her. They SCREAMED "DO NOT TOUCH THOSE WE HAVE TO THROW THEM OUT

Wow....that's just insane. We really must have lucked out - maybe because it was the last day of F&W? I spent some time in the building earlier in the day while DH rode MS twice and talked to multiple CMs and never heard anything about baseball. My eyes would have glazed over if I did!

I had our son remind me after eating at the Biergarten that I had promised we could ride Test Track again that day ;)

It was actually pretty wild.

My "one too many" was the half liter of beer at the Biergarten. I was very thankful there was lots of opportunity to walk it off after dinner!

Just once - and I won't do it again. Wine tasting in Epcot one day. Dumb, dumb move on my part. Ruined the rest of the day, miserable bus ride back to the resort. Having an alcoholic drink or two is fun. Getting a bit too tipsy at WDW - just sucks.

I'm definitely much more selective in my drink choices now!

:rotfl2:OH MY GOSH - I don't know why this struck me so funny but I literally had tears streaming down my cheeks!

Now imagine that with the fact I'm 6'4" and was using a silly voice and cadence.

It took me a couple years to get over being embarrassed about my self control that day and enjoy laughing along with everyone else about it.

I wonder if I made that CM's top 10 stories.

Not me, but my husband.

We had a date night at Teppan Edo and he ordered a bottle of sake to share... Except I don't drink sake, or do shots, sooooo... That was all him.

He wasn't fall down drunk or anything, but he needed a little support getting out of the park and may or may not have yelled BONSAI!!! randomly as we walked out of the park.

You are lucky... I quit doing most of the presentations after watching the rudest CMs in Disney literally SCREAM and almost physically attack a guest who dared to take a sip of a glass on the EMPTY table behind her. They SCREAMED "DO NOT TOUCH THOSE WE HAVE TO THROW THEM OUT" And then started SHOVING towards the tables to "protect" the wine (which they then pour into a bucket LOL!) The best part, the wine rep interceded and SHOUTED back "I gave the wine to the guests, they can drink it" Little Miss "rude hostess" and her CM friends went STORMING up to him while the guests guzzled the wine. (And little miss "Rude Hostess" is there every year. If she knows you and you are her friend you can have extra wine etc.. otherwise she is flat out rude, not to mention she thinks we call came to hear her talk about her baseball team etc... _)

To the rest of you "pull on your flameproof suits" I expect the "no drinking at Disney" crowd who were blessed with the ability to spot drunks from miles away will soon come to lecture you on how bad you are LOL!

What's so funny about getting drunk and irresponsible in a park that's supposed to be geared for children? And for the record, I have nothing against people drinking in the parks, go ahead, have one or two or three, it's not really the number that's important, but knowing your limit. And "drunk" doesn't happen accidentally. Irresponsibly, yes. But it's not an "Oops! I accidentally poured that drink down my throat!" ;)

Have done "Around the World" at Epcot about 5 times with 2 DD's and DW. 11 Heavy drinks!! Best to do on Extra Magic hours days, we make our own shirts and entertain most people!!

Wow....that's just insane. We really must have lucked out - maybe because it was the last day of F&W? I spent some time in the building earlier in the day while DH rode MS twice and talked to multiple CMs and never heard anything about baseball. My eyes would have glazed over if I did!

It was not the last day of the festival nor was this the first time I had witnessed abuse of guests. I actually went to Guest Services, complained and got a refund on several remaining seminars. I was tired of the treatment of guests I had repeatedly witnessed (at one seminar the poor guest in a wheelchair was told "no one can sit back here with you" so her friend sat near me and then the CMs walked between her and the presenter the whole time making a lot of noise throwing the extra wine away and taking up the glasses!)

What's so funny about getting drunk and irresponsible in a park that's supposed to be geared for children? And for the record, I have nothing against people drinking in the parks, go ahead, have one or two or three, it's not really the number that's important, but knowing your limit. And "drunk" doesn't happen accidentally. Irresponsibly, yes. But it's not an "Oops! I accidentally poured that drink down my throat!" ;)

What's funny is watching people get indignant because "it's geared for children" AKA as "why do they care about adults, the world revolves around my kids" LOL (Exactly why is it only "geared towards children" ?)

I have gotten a little tipsy at Biergarten (every time) but it is quickly walked off. I tried to get tipsy once off of slushies but the sugar made me feel sick and then I tried again with champagne but, unfortunately, my husband wasn't very supportive after he realized it was $13 per glass. Just kidding. I never try to get tipsy and definitely not drunk. I'm way too old for that business now. I like a nice smooth buzz that will be gone long before I hit the hay.

My husband had one hilarious experience with our cousins a couple of trips ago. It was a guys/girls split day so the guys went to MK. As you know, there are no alcoholic drinks at MK so the guys decided to head over to Wilderness Lodge for lunch. They were 2 adult men, a 19 year old, an 8 year old and a 2 year old. So, the old guys got beers at the restaurant and stopped at a bar somewhere to have one shot. For our cousins, this is no big deal but my husband doesn't drink on any kind of regular basis and he is 5'5 and 145lbs so it generally doesn't take much. I guess he forgot that because after his 2 beers and a shot, they proceeded to Epcot where they had a margarita and tried some really awful shot at Norway that is REALLY strong. That was it for him. I was receiving video texts from my 19 year old of the happenings which included some crazy cast member photos and lots of Mickey Mouse high fives. Sigh. Thankfully, he was the only one who was above his limit that day. To be fair, he was turning 40 the next day so I guess we can give him pass to celebrate that milestone. Let's just say he was much more low key the next day.

It was not the last day of the festival nor was this the first time I had witnessed abuse of guests. I actually went to Guest Services, complained and got a refund on several remaining seminars. I was tired of the treatment of guests I had repeatedly witnessed (at one seminar the poor guest in a wheelchair was told "no one can sit back here with you" so her friend sat near me and then the CMs walked between her and the presenter the whole time making a lot of noise throwing the extra wine away and taking up the glasses!)

What's funny is watching people get indignant because "it's geared for children" AKA as "why do they care about adults, the world revolves around my kids" LOL (Exactly why is it only "geared towards children" ?)

Disney is a theme park, and theme parks are created and marketed for kids. They just choose to cater to the adults, becuase they're the ones with the cash, not rocket science, lol. But at it's heart, it's still "for kids", and behavior by adults should reflect that. And by that I don't mean act like an irresponsible child, LOL. That said, it doesn't sound like too many here were really to the point of stumbling drunk, more just happy buzz, which IMO is a very different thing.

Disney is a theme park, and theme parks are created and marketed for kids. They just choose to cater to the adults, becuase they're the ones with the cash, not rocket science, lol. But at it's heart, it's still "for kids", and behavior by adults should reflect that. And by that I don't mean act like an irresponsible child, LOL. That said, it doesn't sound like too many here were really to the point of stumbling drunk, more just happy buzz, which IMO is a very different thing.
Then how do you explain Busch Gardens?

We did accidentally get drunk in Epcot once. Accidentally, in that yeah, we were having some drinks on purpose, but we really didn't intend to get drunk. We were just thirsty because it was hot and it was F&W and we were drinking fast, and then next thing you know, we're standing in Germany giggling like idiots trying to act sober because we realized we were drunk at Disney World with our two kids and that just didn't seem right. I felt like a high schooler tip-toeing into the house after a party and past curfew, hoping to fool my parents. LOL. Luckily, our kids love the Three Cabelleros so we rode that over and over until we felt more sober.

I will just offer a plea to everyone to keep this light and fun :) It sounds like we are all on the same page that buzz is great but obviously stumbling and falling into the world showcase lagoon would not be lol. So it is all in good fun that we share these stories! I do think most of the parks are geared towards children, but WDW generally markets to multi generational families and the fact that there is a bar in every country in EP and lounges everywhere in the resorts, after hours events, wine tastings and even making Trader Sam's 21 and over only after 8pm shows they are both catering and marketing to adults.

One month and one day until flower and garden for me!! Anyone been and have some drink recommendations? I want to try the rose slush at the French booth and some of the drinks at the China booth, but mostly the kung fu punch!

I've definitely had a few too many at WDW. In fact, my family has learned to watch for it. One time I ended up buying my niece that expensive Castle play set, then my wife got some jewelry, or I picked up the tab for dinner for everyone....I can't afford to drink too much at Disney :P

Food and Wine is really the only time that I've gotten carried away. The food consumption doesn't keep up with the alcohol consumption, especially when spirits and high gravity beers come into play. Dealing with a hangover the next day is a real downer as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter