ever gonna drink Mc'D's Sweet Tea again

Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I found the McD sweet tea to be absolutely disgusting.

There's nothing wrong with you. I can't stand it either and I love sweet tea!

I tried to like it, especially for 99 cents (considering it's 1.69 at Chick-Fil-A and Biscuitville where I normally go) but it's just nasty. Some days it's weak, some days it's too sweet, some days not sweet enough. And it's always too much ice. I give up!

Sweet tea is one of those tastes I never managed to acquire, and it took me quite a while after moving to the south to get used to ordering my tea "unsweet." In my mind, there's just no comparison -- unsweetened tea is crisp and refreshing, while sweet tea is like drinking flat coke. All sweet, no thirst quenching. Yick.

I tried a sip of my little brother's sweet tea from McD, and it was waaay too sweet for my northerner tastes. :)

If I ever buy iced tea from Dunkin Donuts, I get it unsweetened and with a lemon.

My kids dental assistant told me that she is on Weight Watchers and McD's sweet tea is 5 points. :scared1: She said she's allowed 15 points for all her daily intake - that's insane. What I do to be able to enjoy their sweet tea is fill the cup with ice, and do half sweet and half unsweet... it's still really good! and half the sugar!

Chickfila Tea rocks, McDonalds Tea is nasty. If you like McD's tea then you'll love tea from The Dwarf House.

If you live in the south and ask for tea it'll be sweet unless you specify 'unsweet'

Yes and then if we travel up north and ask for unsweet tea they look at us like we are crazy! (Is there any other kind???) :rotfl:

Oh my goodness..I must admit that (being from the South myself) reading the OP's post gave me quite a chuckle! I was literally "brought up" on sweet tea..everyone I know has been!

That's why it's called "the house wine of the South"!

:laughing:
Candee, who loves her sweet tea

Actually, I've noticed that many of the restaurants up here are double checking; when they say they have iced tea, they will specify unsweetened. I think it's due partly to the number of people who want to add sweetener, not sugar, to their tea. Also many restaurants started carrying raspberry iced tea and that's always sweetened, so they've started mentioning that their iced tea is unsweetened. Maybe that's the difference- you have to ask for "iced tea, unsweetened" instead of "unsweet tea":confused3 ?

And yes, some northerners do sweeten their tea by adding sugar or sweetener; it's what those little packets on the table are for! You just can't order "sweet tea"; iced tea comes unsweetened. (I personally prefer unsweetened tea with a "pink packet" added to it!) I unfortunately learned the hard way a couple of times when travelling down south, so now, regardless of where I am, I always double check to make sure the iced tea I order is unsweetened.

Debating iced tea; funny world, huh??

The only place in the South that I've found where you have to specify Sweet or Unsweet is Florida. It's not everywhere in FL just sporadic. Maybe it's because of all of the snowbirds?

They just started selling it out west, I saw a sign for it a few days back. I was gonna try it because I am a huge iced tea fan but now I'm reconsidering...

Just an fyi, you don't need baking soda if you don't boil the water. Just heat the water just to the boiling point and remove it from the heat. Then add your tea bags and let them steep until as dark as you want it.

Okay, speaking as a Mainer here, we laughed when McDonalds started serving sweet tea. Yuck!!! We just aren't used to it. We drink ice tea, which consists of water and a couple spoonfuls of lipton powder. :)

I like McD's sweet tea, but I also like unsweet tea. I looked up the nutrition facts, but Sweet Tea wasn't listed! I wonder how bad it really is???

I moved from NC to Washington State 4 months ago. I always drank sweet tea once or twice a day. I've lost 7 pounds here and I think it has to do with getting off my ice tea habit.

I think it's so funny that so many of you don't like sweet tea. There are baby pictures of my in our albums drinking sweet tea out of a baby bottle!! lol!

In my town we call McDonald's sweet tea "crack tea" because the kids drink it and act like they are on crack because they are all sugared up.:banana:

I grew up in the South and drank sweet tea all of my life. When I was first married my husband and I went to a wedding in Massachuessets (in September) and I ordered sweet tea--the waiter looked at me funny, went to the kitchen and came out to tell me that "it isn't Sweet Tea Season" so they don't have any!!! We have been married for twenty years and still get a good laugh out of "Sweet Tea Season"!

Well I'm from Maryland....love sweet tea from McDs, Chick-Fil-A, Checkers or any place I can find it including the dairy that delivers our milk weekly....they brew it themselves.....while I was growing up my mom always kept the teapot full on the counter because that's what we drank in the afternoon....she was from North Carolina and it was always served at my grandma's house at mealtime.....I can't stand unsweet tea though when it's the only option I have at a restaurant then it's the only time I ever use Equal or Sweet'n'Low because it makes it sweet enough for me.

Sweet tea is one of those tastes I never managed to acquire, and it took me quite a while after moving to the south to get used to ordering my tea "unsweet." In my mind, there's just no comparison -- unsweetened tea is crisp and refreshing, while sweet tea is like drinking flat coke. All sweet, no thirst quenching. Yick.

See, we Southerners think just the opposite. I wouldn't dare drink unsweetened tea-YUCK!!!

I'm from the South, and I make it like this:

4 cups of very hot (almost boiling water)
4 family size tea bags
steep covered for 15 minutes
pour over 3/4 cup sugar
stir at least one minute to dissolve all sugar
add water to bring it up to a gallon
stir again
cool completely in refrigerator
serve over ice with lemon slices
:drinking1

NO LEMONS!!!! (Haven't we had this discussion before???:rotfl: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter